1. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Are you sure that the read-only toggle on the microSD adapter didn't get turned on? It can get switched over by accident pretty easily and I've pulled my hair out plenty of times trying to figure out what was wrong only to find out that it was the adapter.

2. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Colombia
    I don't use adapters (other than they got lost). I even verified by placing it on an Android SmartPhone, where it told me that it was damaged and when I tried to format, I got an error and I ejected the MicroSD. Note that even though I did everything, I still had 500MB free with the files still intact.

Last edited by Ghost92, May 20, 2020
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

VLC is always crashing when loading videos.
    Flatpack is not working because the wi fi always disconnect after a certain time.
    How to fix it?

Last edited May 20, 2020
  4. Ghost92

Colombia
    God ... I really don't know what to do. I was unable to unlock write only. I have to install Ubuntu on another MicroSD and mount this with an adapter in Dock mode, if there is something that can be done ... but now it gives me something to throw away the other MicroSD

5. Worldblender

Worldblender GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is it possible that the microSD card you previously used has reached its maximum amount of write cycles, which means that no more data can be written to it? That happened to me at one time, after I wrote too many disk images to a Lexar 16 GB microSD card.

6. Ghost92

Colombia
    So it just crashes because a limit is reached ?. The strange thing is that it still allows me to read the content.

7. Worldblender

United States
    That's my best guess. Flash memory in general have a limited amount of read/write cycles before they eventually become unusable, but what likely happened in your case is that the write cycles have been exhausted before the read cycles have.
    Here are some more links that could help you understand better (although for SSDs, they also apply to USB flash drives and memory cards):

Ghost92 likes this.
  8. Ghost92

Colombia
    Oka, thanks. At least with this I am resigned to spending hours already solving a Hardware problem.

The memory is a 64GB Adata MicroSD. I already said that they are very cheap ... I have another one, maybe it won't last.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Always having wi-fi issues. No wifi after average 30 seconds of wifi.
    How to fix them?

10. Worldblender

United States
    First part, this could be due to 3D acceleration not working properly or the libraries to utilize it on the built-in GPU are missing.
    Second part, if your signal reception is poor, you might have to move closer to the source. Alternatively, you can use a USB to Ethernet adapter (preferably at least using USB 3 and supporting Gigabit Ethernet) to get a wired internet connection (if there are working Ethernet ports wherever you are) that will likely have better performance.

Last edited by Worldblender, May 22, 2020
  11. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    Unplayable how?

12. Worldblender

United States
    It looks like that regular Dolphin is trying to use desktop OpenGL. It might be supported on the Nvidia Tegra X1, but I have no idea of what's going on, unless you run Dolphin in a command-line/terminal, where it will display some more output, including the final messages before it force closes.

I have discovered another piece of software that may be useful for running OpenGL programs with only OpenGL ES, but it will require compilation: https://github.com/ptitSeb/gl4es
    It is a library providing OpenGL 2.x functionality for GLES2.0 accelerated Hardware (and of course also support OpenGL 1.5 function, sometimes better then when using GLES 1.1 backend) There is also support for GLES 1.1 Hardware, emulating OpenGL 1.5, and some OpenGL 2.x+ extensions.

13. RiskyDingo

RiskyDingo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've followed the guide, but seem to be unable to get the joycons to work. I can connect them to bluetooth and I can get that one solid light but....nothing happens. There's no mouse pointer or anything going on.

I reflashed l4t a couple times already in case I screwed things up. Did the updates and am currently installing Dolphin.

14. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    You need a new joycon map file, the one on page 113 called 50-joystick.zip worked for me. Or there is one on page 117 that adds a deadzone in case you have drift. Haven't tested that one.

Here is the post from page 113 you need to find:

Follow the instructions in that post (installing xorg), and download the zip with the web browser on your L4T install, extract it, then you have to move the file to usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

To move it, command would look something like this:
    Code:
    sudo mv '/home/USERNAME/Downloads/50-joystick.conf' '/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d'
    Replace USERNAME with your username.It is case sensitive. Good luck.

Last edited by TheCasualties, May 23, 2020
    Jertrn2g likes this.
  15. RiskyDingo

RiskyDingo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Perfect this worked, thank you!

TheCasualties likes this.
  16. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Last edited May 29, 2020
  17. Skrombie

Skrombie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Question; is there a way to move the dock to the bottom of the screen, instead of being locked to the left-hand side? I looked through the settings and couldn't find anything. Not a huge deal but if it's possible it would be nice!

18. donquixotedoflamingo

Newcomer

United States
    Hi, i am trying to run the godot game engine on the switch, but i'm getting the following error:

ERROR: initialize: Condition "!fbc" is true. Returned: ERR_UNCONFIGURED
    At: platform/x11/context_gl_x11.cpp:158.
    ERROR: initialize: Condition "!fbc" is true. Returned: ERR_UNCONFIGURED
    At: platform/x11/context_gl_x11.cpp:158.
    ERROR: is_viable: Error initializing GLAD
    At: drivers/gles2/rasterizer_gles2.cpp:166.
    Gtk-Message: 23:05:04.022: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
    Gtk-Message: 23:05:04.024: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

and a popup saying "unable to initialize video driver". Any advice on how to fix this. Thanks.

Last edited by donquixotedoflamingo, Jun 2, 2020
  19. koohiiwonomimasu69

koohiiwonomimasu69 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    I have a few questions about this:

- Has dolphin improved since this was first released? Is it now able to run games at their native framerate at 720p?

- How well does it run Linux ports of PC games?

- Can it play 720p 60fps videos without stuttering?

- Can you turn the WiFi off?

- Does this make any changes to the Switch's NAND? Does using it come with any realistic risk of getting banned?

Last edited by koohiiwonomimasu69, Jun 1, 2020
  20. mortintoj

mortintoj Newbie
    Newcomer

China
    When all the drivers are working properly, you can only count on the performance optimization of the emulator, the hardware will not become faster out of thin air, and the emulator optimization is very long.
    PC is X86_X64 architecture, not AARCH64 (arm64), PC games will not run on the switch, because of architectural limitations, the program is compiled for a specific architecture. Unless this is an open source game, you can compile a usable game for the switch's aarch64 architecture.
    720p 60fps is still very easy.
    Of course, this is Linux, and you have absolute control.
    This is another system, another system that has nothing to do with the original NS system, only runs on the memory card, system, you do not have to worry about anything.

Last edited by mortintoj, Jun 2, 2020
    koohiiwonomimasu69 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - featured, Ubuntu, switch