1. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Yeah I did from root. I also updated the kernel and broke something. Lol. I think I'll just be happy that mouse even works without the added touch sense.

2. ShadyGame

ShadyGame GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    When the new version coming?

3. ChameleonSkin

ChameleonSkin Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does right-click work for you? I could do without multitouch but since the ATM2 doesn't have any hard buttons, I can only use it to move the cursor and left click.

4. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Yeah. Right click works for me without having to add any special drivers. I have a Magic Mouse 2. It does seem easy to accidentally left click though.

5. shim80

shim80 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Did someone tried hangover on it ? I wonder how Switch SoC deal with PC games...

Orangy57 likes this.
  6. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

United States
    It works for basic programs. However, debugger support and exception handling are in poor shape so expect programs relying on those to break.

Orangy57 likes this.
  7. ChameleonSkin

ChameleonSkin Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah - I have the trackpad, not the mouse. That could explain it. The drivers I linked to were specifically for the trackpad (I believe I read bug posts on Github where someone said the drivers weren’t working, and turned out the issue was he was trying to use a Magic Mouse). So unfortunately that’s probably why it doesn’t work for you.

tabzer likes this.
  8. CaptainTucker

CaptainTucker Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    hey does anyone know if this distro allows 32bit installation. If so, i may attempt to see if pcsx2 is possible

9. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

United States
    You won't be running pcsx2 (32-bit x86) on arm64.

10. wstlxx

wstlxx Member
    Newcomer

China
    hi , i wonder if there's a way to reboot to payload like hbmenu app in L4T, then it would be easy to change between switch and ubuntu without injecting bin files anymore

11. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    r2p has been a thing since 1.5.0, and is pre-configured in the 2.0.0 (and soon 2.0.1) image to reboot to hekate. Just use the regular restart option if you want to use it.

wstlxx likes this.
  12. vanrocka90

vanrocka90 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    what is password used to run sudo ? cant use sudo apt update as its asking for password, ive looked but i cant find a straight forward answer

13. Worldblender

Worldblender Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The password you used to create the first user account during the setup process from the first run.
    By default, the root account cannot be logged into directly, hence you use sudo with your login password to become root for administrative tasks. On some other Linux distros, you may be able to login as the root account, in which it will have its own password. Thankfully, the latter isn't the case for Ubuntu, so use the password you normally use for login anytime you need to do any administrative tasks.

vanrocka90 likes this.
  14. nex86

nex86 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    even if it worked, performance would be horrible since you're emulating A PS2 to X86 and X86 to ARM.
    The CPU side of the Tegra X1 isn't much faster than an Atom and pcsx2 already didn't work too well on Atom.

atm I don't expect anything but old PC games from early to max mid 2000s to run.

Last edited by nex86, Feb 22, 2020
  15. Espen84

Espen84 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    This is quite interesting. And I could be interested in trying. Just for the possibility to run kodi, as a media center. So I have some questions to who may have given this a go.

1, how is performance in kodi, 1080p video and sound?

2.do usb ports on dock works when docked. (Can I have media on a usb drive)

3, general experience with linux/kodi on switch.

Can someone share their experiences?

16. Gavin_Darkglider

Gavin_Darkglider GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is completly possible, but the new ubuntu image is going to need a 16gb sdcard, as I included all of the nvidia driver stuff that wasnt included in previous build, and all of the build headers for the hardware.
    I am also planning on releasing a light version for people who arent going to want that, but the full version comes first.

I have no idea, maybe I will look into it at some point
    No idea, see above
    L4T is still using 4.9, if you update to mainline, you will loose audio, video, and just about everything else..... part of the reason the ubuntu builds are still on 18.04 ubuntu.

To everyone else, I am uploading 3.0.0 image to testers now, will go live if they find everything works.

This comes with officially supported moonlight-qt support. And perfect, premapped joycons stuff to work with it. And a ton of other fixes. To the people with wifi issues, I will build you a special kernel, with the android pie driver, you can try, might help, some in testing have had issues with it, but those it works for find it to be better.

tabzer and Kirby567fan like this.
  17. Gavin_Darkglider

United States
    Small issue, Initial setup app doesnt work with kernel with working decoder support. After that, the new update is solid. looking for a simple fix now, so if I can find one, it will be as soon as I can fix, upload, and release.

tabzer and Misant like this.
  18. GingerbreadStan

Newcomer

United States
    i cant dock it on my tv while running linux. any way to fix this?

19. Gavin_Darkglider

United States
    Official 3.0.0 image has been released, feel free to update, fixes a ton of issues, and moonlight. For basic use lite image is good enough, full image has jetpack dev stuff, needed to compile for cuda, tensorrt, cudNN, etc. Lite is like before, just the new root.

Ninn, Taorn, Philliyxx and 6 others like this.
  20. Misant

Misant Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Rly thanks for your great work !!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - featured, Ubuntu, switch