L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

switchroot.png

L4T Ubuntu
Intro
L4T Ubuntu is a version of Linux based on nvidia's linux for tegra project. It uses a different kernel compared to previous releases which allows it to use features not yet in mainline. Such as audio, docking support and vulkan.

Join our discord: https://discord.gg/53mtKYt

We have a wiki !
To facilitate our work we will only update our wiki from now on in order to avoid multiple outdated references, please refer to the following link instead of this page

https://wiki.switchroot.org/en/Linux/Ubuntu-Install-Guide

Credits

Bylaws,
Langerhans,
Ave,
Natinusala,
CTCaer(most of the hard stuff),
Gavin_Darkglider,
DanielOgorchock(Joycon drivers/joycond),
stary2001 (reboot2payload),
NVIDIA,
Azkali
Everyone else in switchroot - more info on that in the future.

Last edited by azkali,

spenat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello there! First of all, amazing work, thank you very much!

I have two issues though:

1) When the L4T boots up, the screen on Switch is turned correctly - horizontally. After I log in, the screen goes vertical. After about a minute, it goes back to horizontal mode, but the touchscreen presses works as if the screen is still in vertical mode (pretty much unusuable).

2) The other issue is with my USB wireless mouse: When I plug the mouse USB to Dock and I dock my Switch, I can clearly see the clicks on my monitor, but I can't see the mouse cursor anywhere - any help?

Also, just to be sure: At the "8. Load hekate again and select L4T as a payload.", it says I don't have a payload available, so I am launching L4T through the Configs section, is that correct?

Thank you!

Last edited by spenat,

Xolono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way of getting java on this at the moment? I remember that there exists a way to install it on a pi 3, but no such luck so far+-

Gunstorm

xD
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Why did you choose 18.04? Because It is LTS?

Here on my desktop the performance increase só awesome after upgrade It to 19.04 , did you plan upgrade It too?

Is possivle install gnome3 vanila as same way as the desktop version?(sudo apt-get install gnome3*)

The kernel hás compiled with uinput?(tô conect wiimote :x )
At ALL, nicely project, congratulations

Last edited by Gunstorm,

bylaws

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has video acceleration for me under Windows, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't under Linux.

Hello there! First of all, amazing work, thank you very much!

I have two issues though:

1) When the L4T boots up, the screen on Switch is turned correctly - horizontally. After I log in, the screen goes vertical. After about a minute, it goes back to horizontal mode, but the touchscreen presses works as if the screen is still in vertical mode (pretty much unusuable).

2) The other issue is with my USB wireless mouse: When I plug the mouse USB to Dock and I dock my Switch, I can clearly see the clicks on my monitor, but I can't see the mouse cursor anywhere - any help?

Also, just to be sure: At the "8. Load hekate again and select L4T as a payload.", it says I don't have a payload available, so I am launching L4T through the Configs section, is that correct?

Thank you!
1. I dont have that issue, can you say if you have done anything nonstandard
2. Works fine for me, try rebooting. Could be related to your previous issue somehow
Is there a way of getting java on this at the moment? I remember that there exists a way to install it on a pi 3, but no such luck so far+-
just install the openjre package
Why did you choose 18.04? Because It is LTS?

Here on my desktop the performance increase só awesome after upgrade It to 19.04 , did you plan upgrade It too?

Is possivle install gnome3 vanila as same way as the desktop version?(sudo apt-get install gnome3*)

The kernel hás compiled with uinput?(tô conect wiimote :x )
At ALL, nicely project, congratulations
Gnome is kinda crashy, and I did try 19.04, gnome gave black screen there
Does it charge the Joy-Cons?
No
Hey, any chance of a kernel version supporting module loading, or at least binfmt_misc support?
I'll look into it

Reactions: Gunstorm

spenat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thanks for the answer - I haven't done anything non-standard, I have strictly followed your installation guide - nothing more after that.

iotdevnet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hey, any chance of a kernel version supporting module loading, or at least binfmt_misc support?

Yes this kernel is has no drivers at all non of my usd-lan adapters work !
Is there any method we can compile our own kernel.

Also tryed hwaceleration with mpv player it seems that library file for nvidia-vdapu lib is missing so only works with opengl accelerated even we have nvidia drivers.

You can do apt-get install nvidia-settings and there is nice nvidia cotrol panel you can adjust your TV screen size works good !

Reactions: jug5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.