1. FanofFans

FanofFans Banned
    Banned

Norway
    Is this true or just an assumption? Because I really don't see this being the case.

2. sabin1981

sabin1981 Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Ouch... even more reason to stick with HOS/RetroArch then, I guess.

3. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Colombia
    The only alternative to HOS is L4T Lineage OS, the performance in Dock mode remains the same and you can rescale the game as much as overclocking allows it (if it had better dissipation it would avoid turning off the CPU). The only problem with Android is and always will be the bottleneck that emulators suffer every time it loads content from the ROM, because it is using only the MicroSD to store the OS, the applications and the ROMs, making readings and writes, and in the end it wears down the MICROSD enormously. Unfortunately it happened to me with Ubuntu and I couldn't write to a 64GB MicroSd anymore.

You should try an FTP / DLNA server to store ROMs or if it would allow peripheral connections in DOCK mode to use USB storages, although most emulators don't allow loading ROMS from local servers (I suppose RetroArch if ...), try for yourself same..

Hopefully in the future HOS will allow loading ROMs from local servers or by the Xortroll fsp-usb module (currently only compatible with its Goldleaf dev version tool)

sabin1981 likes this.
  4. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

France
    Always no bluetooth support? I want to play docked with my joycons connected in BT

5. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Argentina
  6. bigwhop23

bigwhop23 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I need help so i made some changes in the dolphin menu trying to get a rom to run faster doing so one of the changes froze it up so now everytime i try try to start dolphin up it goes to the black frozen screen so i cant even get back into settings to change it back. Anyone knows how to reset it back to default or have any solutions?

7. ManuelKoegler

ManuelKoegler GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Having recently hacked my switch, I downloaded the newest build I could find in this thread, to play Pokemon Colosseum.
    Anyone else having issues with distorted audio?

8. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    ive been using android to emulate since switchroot released, on the same sd card.
    Never had a problem with the sd card deteriorating. Retropie uses the same method, and their arent large discussions of roms read/write destroying the sd card. Pretty sure you just had a bad card :P. Modern day cards that are half decent, are much more than capable of handling switchroot.
    Should mention too, the same sd card also ran lakka and ubuntu previously without issues.

Last edited by Basketto, Sep 5, 2020
  9. Queen of SoS

Queen of SoS Story of Seasons Queen

United States
    Can anybody help me with Lakka for switch? I’m playing Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility but I need the safe texture option to be able to read all of the words. Has safe texture been added yet or no?

Last edited by Queen of SoS, Sep 12, 2020
  10. popy

popy GBAtemp Regular

Austria
  11. Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    It's not part of a publicly available build

Last edited by Snomannen_kalle, Sep 17, 2020
  12. Queen of SoS

Queen of SoS Story of Seasons Queen

United States
    Hopefully they fix the cheats crashing. I don’t know why but it crashes with some of the codes I use.

13. excalibur2000

excalibur2000 Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    anyone have a way in lakka on switch with skies of arcadia legend a setup for avoid the crashes.

thanks

14. nickskaven

nickskaven Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    LAKKA is not yet possible on a V.2 Switch (MARIKO)? :(

15. WiiEJECT

WiiEJECT GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    Lakka on Switch is a dead project, it was abandoned more than one year ago. The "newest" versions you can find on this very forum are just fan-made updates to the existing distribution.
    Sadly, I wouldn't expect to see Lakka running on Mariko at any time soon. Or at all.

CatmanFan likes this.
  16. deejay87

deejay87 GBAtemp Regular

France
    pity that the hekate reboot is not possible

17. Kailow

Kailow Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is retroarch on atmosphere better now, or is Lakka still a go-to for some cores?

18. cl4ssik

cl4ssik Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    For sure, retroarch is better now, i have the 1.9.0 version installed on my switch and it works like a charm

19. Kailow

Kailow Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Good to know, I also know thanks, it's sad, because I feel like Lakka had a lot of potential for being more optimized than retroarch on top of atmosphere or Switchroot. I also liked the convenience of just booting to Lakka and having the OC settings right there, and then leaving Atmosphere or Switchroot on a different SD card from stock.

20. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Fan

India
    Is there a dolphin core for retroarch cause I can't see any in mine but lakka did have that

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Switch, Vulkan, Lakka