1. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
  2. stompysan

stompysan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The build quoted is not an official build, so it will never be on the first post.

azoreseuropa likes this.
  3. WiiEJECT

WiiEJECT GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Officially, yes. The devs abandoned the project long ago.
    Unofficially, kinda. There's an user on this forum that updated Lakka. However, last updated was more than two months ago, so RA and the libretro cores inside that build are still outdated.

4. HappehLemons

HappehLemons GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It should either get it's own thread of get put on the front page. There's no reason to use the builds anymore on the front page, plus this isn't "Unofficial", it's the official build, just updated.

5. lemonmaster

lemonmaster Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone know how to get fullscreen for cores like Mupeen-64 and Dolphin? Latest build by the person that posted the mega link.

6. Patison

Patison Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    I tried googling and searching this thread, but no results - any idea if it works on SX Lite?

7. Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    I have no idea. It's not a complicated setup -- it's set up by placing some files on the SD card -- so if you have a Lite with an SX modchip installed, you could try and report back if it works or not

8. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You would probably need to get Hekate running on SX Lite, not sure if that's compatible.

Even then there's a very good chance the joy-con drivers and many more wouldn't work.

9. sabin1981

sabin1981 Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Is there any way to forcibly enable it for use on wired controllers? Or does anyone know if Lakka will be updated to support it? Thanks!

10. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    i dont think you get it p. Only hardcoded joycons attached to you switch work, their is no wired, wireless... Im guessing a combination of the difficulty to find a workaround, & the fact switchroot & ubuntu exist along with retroarch in hos meant the devs stopped caring ages ago. The fact it requires someone to compile an unnofficial build to have the play core working, just about sums it up.

Last edited by Basketto, Aug 3, 2020
  11. sabin1981

sabin1981 Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    I "get" it fine, I don't think you do? I'm not asking anything to do with wireless. Nothing. At all. I'm asking if there's any way to use WIRED CONTROLLERS on the dock for Lakka, not handheld, not joycons, not wireless. Wired. I almost never use handheld mode and exclusively prefer docked --- and you can buy wired controllers for the Switch, those are what I'm asking about. I use my DualShock 4 controller wired via USB to the dock, since there are no BT drivers for sys_con yet, and I'm happy with that ^_^

Thank you for the feedback, but you're not following what I'm asking, so don't worry about it - I'll just keep using RA on Horizon for now :)

Last edited by sabin1981, Aug 2, 2020
  12. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Read the 1 word I posted before wireless :P, what does it say....... seriously please actually read the post properly next time, before replying pointlessly. I don’t mind mentioning this to newcomers even though this has been mentioned about 800 times throughout this topic, but I literally just answered your question. I can’t be any plainer. Apart from that i also said “ONLY HARDCODED JOYCONS ATTATCHED TO YOUR SWITCH WORK”. Hopefully seeing it in you caps you understand that phrase . You say you get it, but clearly your missing something!

If you like emulation & want docked, switchroot android is by far the best option at the moment, faster running than horizon for 99% of things and larger variety of working emulators & games. Just follow a youtube tutorial for setting up android switchroot.

Last edited by Basketto, Aug 3, 2020
  13. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Docked doesn't work (and by extension, any USB controllers that would need it)

sabin1981 likes this.
  14. sabin1981

sabin1981 Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    That's all I wanted to know, didn't need all the superfluous rubbish about "not getting it" when I understood perfectly ;) All I wondered is if anyone was working on wired controllers, since they're not then I don't need to know anything else. Thanks ZachyCatGames!

I didn't ask you to reply in the first place, I was talking to somebody else who said "Docked works but is disabled because Bluetooth doesn't work" so I was curious, since everyone only mentions JOYCONS and WIRELESS and BLUETOOTH, if physically wired controllers worked since I don't need Bluetooth. I wanted a yes or no answer, not you butting in with a barely legible post that didn't answer my question but harped on about a point I hadn't even raised, talking about "wired wireless" (you've since edited your post and finally started using punctuation) and telling me that I didn't "get it" I "got" it just fine, you just wanted to show off.

You've had your say, I'm bored now and won't be replying, as for your "newcomers" crap, I've been here since 2015. You? Don't answer, rhetorical.

Last edited by sabin1981, Aug 3, 2020
  15. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    show off??? I said only hardcoded joycons attatched to your switch work? It means nothing else does??? Do I really need to explain this lol. My god bro, if you dont understand what Ive said because 1 comma is missing, don’t bother asking questions here. Punctuation comes much worse. I was trying to help. What you “need” to know is not relevant. If someone answers your question and provides a more informative response 95% of the people on the community(excluding you) tend to appreciate it. So next time someone genuinly answers your question while trying to help, instead of repeating the same question twice when it was clearly answered, then sulking because you failed to understand my first post(which is clear to anyone with an IQ above 5), just do your own research or dont reply. Rest assured I will not bother next time. God forbid I cover extra information too delicate for your ears.

Last edited by Basketto, Aug 4, 2020
  16. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I think they can enable dock, if im not mistaken?
    Check page 10, Natinusulas post ;). From what I understood they can enable dock, but it is pointless, given the controller situation that lakka is limited to. I would say hes given up finding a solution by now.

17. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    From what I remember it's completely broken and requires SSHing into the device to enable.

sabin1981 and Basketto like this.
  18. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Your probably right. I was just reading between the lines . Its definately on the opening post that dock is non existant for l4t. I suppose the page 10 quote only really suggests the older version had it and it was removed, which I did recall. Its been so long since this was officially updated Im trying to dig through to rack my memory .

19. sabin1981

sabin1981 Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Ah well, no matter! I've been curious about Lakka for the likes of DC and PSP, and improved PS1 emulation since no Horizon-based PS1 emulator currently supports Enhanced Res, but I can always find some other emulation suite :D Thanks again.

20. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Colombia
    You will get poor performance in Dock mode due to rescaling or monitor resizing. Something the same with what happens with L4T Ubuntu in Dock mode.

sabin1981 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Switch, Vulkan, Lakka