RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Okay, I think I've found out an answer to the whole Reicast (and maybe Flycast) thing not doing a smooth vsync/scrolling on the Switch: It's basically busted quite a bit across multiple platforms. See this thread:
    https://forums.libretro.com/t/frame-pacing-stuttering-issues-in-games-reicast/18994/14

There was another thread where someone was measuring frame pacing/stuttering and put the results in a table, but can't find it now. Anyway, I don't think it's an issue with the port/compilation of this version of Lakka, and just something with the emulation itself.

Strangely enough though, with the same core on my laptop it works fine, and also in the standalone Reicast on Switch it's quite smooth (not counting the texture issues) in NBA Showtime.

2. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Most of the fly/reicast games ran pretty much full speed for me, i mean like between 48-50fps or 57-60 or so, the drop in frames generally i dont even notice.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  3. Turnbl

Turnbl Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I tried some more testing tonight - no joy.

So I tried another SD card - a 32GB Samsung Evo - this allowed me to format using Windows itself rather than guiformat, I tried 8192 & 64 size sections. I also tried the SD card not named LAKKASD in case there was a weird conflict.

Gamecube, Dreamcast & MAME games all crash out to retroarch menu like you say with a black x cursor on the screen, after 2-2.5 minutes.

All that was with a copy of the file structure on my also not working 400GB sd card. So next I’ll try the same again with a fresh new Lakka copy from windows. After that I don’t really know what else to try? It’s not bios files. It’s not rom files. I can’t imagine it’s the sd card makes or sizes.

Does anybody know if retroarch game crash errors are stored to log files?

Csmrcc likes this.
  4. ColorBoyKent

ColorBoyKent Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    United States
    Failed to load content for dreamcast and more like n64 help thx?

5. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Do you know if further steps are required for that compile? Ive tried downloading github desktop on both mac OS X and windows. On the OS X side i run those exact lines to get ***no rule to make target ‘image.’. Stop. On windows no luck either. I open command prompt under repository menu, and it doesnt recognise PROJECT at all. Sorry for the hassle :P, its just it will probably be forever before lakka recieves a substantial update, and I would love to try and compile something if I can. Also are Play and Ishuruuka dolphin the only 2 you can compile as single cores? Any of you expertise would great! Thankyou.

Last edited by Basketto, Aug 18, 2019
  6. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    Last edited by Ghost92, Aug 19, 2019
  7. Conan179

Conan179 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
    o.O this update was posted here in this theme.
    I'm surprised that several letters have disappeared.

8. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Updating lakka is a double edged sword, the biggest improvements are extra options in dolphin that allow more games to run. The downside is Mupen64 plugin now works considerably worse for many huge titles, it completely breaks zelda ocarina of time and conkers bad fur day, the new plugin allows yoshis story to run well though. Then their is the fact the largest addition to the new update, is outright broken “Play!”, its not a matter of compatibility, games dont work at all ;(. So no ps2. I really wish you could download the cores for certain emulators.

9. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Yeah ps2 play! Doesnt hold compat issues. Its literally broken in the literal sense.

Any updates for moving 4g+ files over? I wanna give some wii games a shot, but... yeah...

10. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    If you use wbfs format there's very few Wii games that should be over 4gb, and what I've noticed is the smaller than game the better the chance of it working. While bigger games don't seem to work. That's been my experience at least but no I didn't try every game.

11. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hey thanks! So lakka can read the wbfs format?

12. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hey thanks! So lakka can read the wbfs format? Id like to try black ops.

13. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Yes if you have an Iso just get Wii backup manager (google) and it can convert Iso to wbfs.

14. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    I can confirm WBFS works, the Mad Dog McCree collection (which is all video, but very little in the way of CPU usage) works fine and it's just over the 4GB mark.

15. gabisenk

gabisenk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    Romania
    What do you mean by rcm? If I shut it down and boot it up again, it will direct me to normal boot

16. gabisenk

gabisenk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    Romania
    Can I load lakka through rebooting with hetake in Atmosphere 0.9.3???

17. FeeDeuspi

FeeDeuspi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2019
    France
    France
    Great job, will definitively look more into it soon !
    (You should say what it is on the first post, had to go on the website to totally understand the concept and some might not do it ;) )

18. gabisenk

gabisenk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    Romania
    Does anyone know how to map the buttons in nes games ? For smb for example I'd like the jump button to be A and for the run button to be Y!!!!!!!!

19. gabisenk

gabisenk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    Romania
    Does anyone know how Revolt works with Lakka?

20. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Open the quick menu(homescreen button) and select controls, its the same for every existing retroarch menu, if you want to know how revolt works, test it. By the sounds of things you have lakka installed, and you have the competence to run a game. People will gladly help if you need help, but the questions your asking are those of someone that is putting little to no effort to figure stuff out on their own.

EmulateLife likes this.
  21. gabisenk

gabisenk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    Romania
    When I map the controls , there is only a and b as options