RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Maybe I'm dumb, but why would the developer get angry, if the non-compiled code is available on the site, and posted, open to the public, for anybody who understands how to compile this? If they get angry, that's a little... odd, given how they post it publically for everybody. Hope someone will send a build, cause there are at least 3 or 4 who say they've got it in this thread. I wouldn't see the issue with sharing something that's publically made available.

2. Deathbot64

Deathbot64 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    untest software always runs the risk of bricking systems. so you can get a complied version from someone else that could brick your system. then go around a try to blame the developer who really had nothing to do with the version

Csmrcc likes this.
  3. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    The developers don’t like it when people put out potentially unstable builds, because then people will start complaining about stabiliy issues and asking for support for said unstable builds. They’re fine with users compiling builds on their own builds, but they will not receive support if they run into issues

Csmrcc, chillyshackk and Deathbot64 like this.
  4. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp's Official NAND/emuMMC multipurpose tool

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    Area 51
    Have been using this for a while and am overall satisfied with it. Except for one thing. The brightness resets each time I relaunch the OS.
    How can I fix it?

5. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Pretty sure the brightness resets each time, it may be possible to set manually if you open the retroarch.cfg file on the SD card and edit. If the blue screen bothers you because of brightness, if you go to user interface/views or appearance(if i remember correctly) their is an option to change the background colour and theme. I have mine set to black, firstly because its probably more battery efficient and also it comes across less bright. This isn’t a wallpaper, you dont need to download anything to select this as an option.

Last edited by Basketto, Jul 19, 2019
    NoNAND likes this.
  6. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp's Official NAND/emuMMC multipurpose tool

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    Area 51
    Thanks!
    I'll get used to it and turn down the brightness each time I load the OS.
    By the way, switched to the horizon os GUI.
    I simply love they way how it looks and resembles the switch's os.
    I'd rather pick this one over the flashy overloaded xmb.
    Simplicity suffices sometimes.

Last edited by NoNAND, Jul 19, 2019
    Basketto likes this.
  7. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Outer Haven
    Thanks a million! And thanks Google for finding your post

NoNAND and bad361 like this.
  8. Flarez942

Flarez942 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2016
    United States
    Is there a new games compatibility list? The older website for Lakka.tv had one. I can't seem to find one on the newer website. Also the list of consoles it supported in the FAQ are gone/missing as well.

9. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    you will have to look in the thread, but at the beginig of the post there is something about that i think

10. Atarassia

Atarassia Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2019
    Italy
    Guys I'm using this and I'm really enjoying it, but I have a question. Everytime I play with Lakka and the battery goes down, i have to shutdown,change sd and charge by dock. Isn't there a way to charge the battery via Lakka instead of my actual method?

MusicallyInspired likes this.
  11. Conan179

Conan179 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
  12. Atarassia

Atarassia Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2019
    Italy
  13. Conan179

Conan179 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
    Im sorry.

14. Atarassia

Atarassia Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2019
    Italy
    What?

15. Conan179

Conan179 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
    i have read wrong your problem. I read a clock problem

16. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

GBAtemp Patron
    SkittleDash is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 21, 2015
    Japan
    Planeptune
    Okay, I'm new to Lakka. So please bear with me. I have a few questions before I start using this.

1. The battery bug. It says to use Hekake 3.0 for the fix. Is it only with 3.0? Or can you use the latest version? How would I apply it?

2. I'm sort of confused on how I would shut down the system properly. Can someone please explain to me simply? (I'm a dummy, I know. T.T)

3. There is no third question for now. I have the habit of saying few instead of couple. :3

17. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    whats the latest news on switch lakka? I haven't seem any new development talk since May.

18. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2006
    Just use the latest Hekate and you wont have any issues with the baterry.
    To shut it down properly, Hold down the power button for 12 seconds or reboot to RCM, inject hekate and shut it down from there.

SkittleDash likes this.
  19. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    1. The battery bug was fixed like a year ago. But if you do run a ancient version of Switch linux for whatever reason, recent versions of hekate automatically run the fix whenever you load them.

2. Reboot to RCM, then hold the power button for ~12 seconds

SkittleDash likes this.
  20. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

GBAtemp Patron
    SkittleDash is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 21, 2015
    Japan
    Planeptune
    Thanks for the answers. Playing some Mario Sunshine right now. Minor FPS issues but hopefully improve in the future. :3