RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    The last lakka release(like all) many developers contributed to. I have zero doubt their is a play core available for the switch. The thing is, all these developers have jobs and lives they attend to. I saw sleep mode running on nat’s twitch post a month ago on lakka, and their hasn’t been an update yet. Their can be many reasons as to why their hasn’t been one. Maybe they want to add multiple features? Maybe they are working on stability issues? Maybe the builds are not yet complete? As hard as it is, unless you wan’t to build and compile a play! core yourself(which im not entirely sure of how to do), just need to sit tight and wait till the team is ready to publicly release something else.

CatmanFan, Silent_Gunner and Csmrcc like this.
  2. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    It’s there, you can check the github. I have compiled a build with it it, and it’s definitely there.

Basketto likes this.
  3. Emanuelssjin

Emanuelssjin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2019
    United States
    Where is the github at? And how do I compile it myself?

4. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the info! Glad to be wrong!

Anyone have the time and effort to send a compiled switch build my way? (:
    I'm so excited to play budokai 3 on the go... at 3fps

5. chillyshackk

chillyshackk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Canada
    Québec, Canada
    Install a linux distro, install a bunch of packages, have half a day to set it up, fix issues you run into and let it build, if you never did it, it's a pita, doable if you have good knowledge of Linux it's a long process, I did it once on ubuntu and it worked, tried again on archlinux and got stuck at some step and couldn't find out what the issue was so I gave up..!

6. MrRevocs

MrRevocs Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I tried everything and I'm still getting a black screen of death

7. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Is it even worth doing as far as actual PS2 playability? From my understanding Play! runs terrible.

8. TerpToke

TerpToke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2018
    United States
    Ohigho
    Going to try out the methods posted for black screen issues! Thanks!

Last edited by TerpToke, Jul 17, 2019
  9. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Are you talking about me? I simply asked a question based off what others have said.

TerpToke likes this.
  10. TerpToke

TerpToke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2018
    United States
    Ohigho
    Nope, it was regarding the guy hating on the dragon injector again but my phone wasn't quoting things correctly lol. Sorry for the confusion man.

EmulateLife likes this.
  11. Scettles

Scettles Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    United States
    I run a huge 400gb SD card. Emunand so two partitions currently.... Can I make another partition and format it fat32 to use with lakka? I use exfat everywhere else. I don't really want a convo about should be completely fat32... Just this question lol. Not sure if it'll work or not if there are like primary partitions or such and it'll only look in my main switch partition or something

12. ReUnmei

ReUnmei Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    United States
    I need some help my PS1 games are running slow, I pointed Lakka at the Playstation bios but still runs slow on all games.

Last edited by ReUnmei, Jul 17, 2019
  13. NRamos

NRamos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    Enable Threaded Video (Default comes OFF) In the video settings. After applying these settings just increase the Overclock if you need more speed. If you need to change the Resolution, you will need to restart/refresh Lakka to apply the settings.

14. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Apologies, but I have tried to create a text document with the line TIMEZONE=Continent/City have placed it in the correct folder as stated above and i still have the incorrect timezone displayed :P, is their something I am missing? I even thought it was dependent on lakka wifi, but enabling that seemed to do nothing either. I should mention the date/minute are correct but the hour is completely wrong. Edit: After having copied the .data file to my desktop inside of .cache and renaming it as timezone with the Appropriate line, it now displays the correct time.

Last edited by Basketto, Jul 18, 2019
  15. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Gonna ask again; would somebody be kind enough to send me a compiled copy of the lakka build that includes the PS2 core? I've no clue how to compile. Thanks!

16. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    To compile it, just clone the repo and run
    PTOJECT=Switch DEVICE=L4T ARCH=aarch64 make image. Then just wait 10-25 hours and hope it doesn’t run into an error

17. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Yeah that means nothing to me. I dont understand any of that. If anyone would be up for sending it my way, I'd really appreciate it.

18. Deathbot64

Deathbot64 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    pretty much he is saying do it yourself, it will be the only way to get it for now. you may as well wait for the offical release like the rest of us if you dont no how to complie for github

Csmrcc likes this.
  19. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Well if that's what hes saying, that's kind of an ass thing to say. "Do it yourself", when you simply ask, is not only incredibly rude, but really childish and stupid. If I understood anything about this, I'd do it myself. Theres nothing wrong with asking. And I figure that since people already have a compiled build, what harm would asking do? None at all.

20. Deathbot64

Deathbot64 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    well its not their software to really share so the developer could get upset with people sending out complied version that havent been properly tested by the developer. I am on the same boat right now but I am just waiting

Csmrcc likes this.