RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. Hacktendo

Hacktendo Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2019
    Canada
    Second this.
    Joycons are shit.

2. willy101

willy101 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    Wouldnt you need emummc if you want to reboot into lakka from atmosphere without injecting again?

3. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    I can boot into Lakka from Atmosphere CFW without emummc, but I also use the SDSetup files with contain the Kosmos Toolbox, which is where I do the transition.

4. Hacktendo

Hacktendo Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2019
    Canada
    If you're running cfw sysnand, you can reboot into lakka.
    If using Kosmos, you can use the toolbox to reboot to lakka.

5. willy101

willy101 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    Can you reboot from lakka to kosmos or cfw?

6. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Ok! I have only mario party 2, but I have no doubt you can run the others at full speed. Either A) go to video settings and disable Vsync. B) Once you have Mario Party 2 running, press home button, select options for N64, and set Framebuffer emulation to False. If you want you can do both, but it isn’t necessary. To change the resolution, again open N64 settings and set the resolution to 16/9 then change the 16/19 resolution to whatever you want. I run normally at 1280x720p which is base HD, once lakka has dock support i will probably bump it up, but for handheld not really necessary.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Lakka at the moment reboots to RCM, i think that is being worked on. Technically if you install a trinket Lakka can reboot to cosmos or cfw ;).

7. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    That Threaded video setting made a huge difference on THPS2! Dreamcast seems ok!

Basketto likes this.
  8. Hacktendo

Hacktendo Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2019
    Canada
    No. Lakka boots to RCM.
    You'll need your payload sender tool.
    I use an RCM Loader, find it way better than that piece of shit dragon cart or whatever it's called.

9. willy101

willy101 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    What’s wrong with dragoninjector? It looks promising

TerpToke likes this.
  10. Fenderbendr

Fenderbendr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    Ok, so I tried your settings, and I got Mario Party 2 to run well now, but I tried them with Mario Tennis and party 3 and those games are choppy still, even with CPU overclock. Are there some more settings to try to see if I can get those games to run well?

I’ll put some more games on the switch and see how they run.

11. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Again try framebuffer emulation for mp3, i dont have either so i dont know. I am sure both can run well though, Try enabling disabling N64 settings Mainly ddrram set to async or off, less accurate blending mode on etc... I have much more demanding games running full speed without the need of overclocking. Experiment, with n64 option settings.

Fenderbendr likes this.
  12. Fenderbendr

Fenderbendr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    Ok, I’ll mess around some more. What games are examples of “more demanding?”

13. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Goldeneye/ pretty much all the Rareware games are much harder to emulate. Also have you tried Mario Party 3 as a Wiiware rom? Running it with dolphin you may avoid having to change anything. You will need to download the .WAD file though.

14. Fenderbendr

Fenderbendr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    I actually got MP3 running well now. I’m gonna put some more games on the switch and see how they all run.

Do you play any GC games on the switch?

Basketto likes this.
  15. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Absolutely. Their are dead useful posts on this thread on getting games like Super Mario Sunshine/ Zelda windwaker with 1700 overclock with settings provided. Most gamecube games should need around that, no more, remakes of old games like Megaman AC collection should need much less if any at all. Wii games i know for a fact that Super Mario Bros Wii works at 1700 mark, and their are a few others that run ok, but for most Wii games, just not worth bothering with.

16. Fenderbendr

Fenderbendr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    Ok, I found the page with some Mario sunshine settings(for PAL), and I’ll see how it goes. Thanks for all the help so far!

Also, do you know how to up the resolution for GBA games? They’re really pixelated when playing them full screen, and there’s not many options to adjust in the core settings like there are for the n64 games.

17. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    I haven’t tried too many GBA games so am not too sure, I will have to get back to you on that, but i dont know if its possible. On the plus side their is more than one to choose from, the setting will probably be called internal resolution or something as such, like it is for PPSSPP the psp emulator.

Fenderbendr likes this.
  18. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Is there any actual evidence that lakka on the switch now has ps2? I haven't seen any videos, posts or anything except for one person here. Surely someone would have a build compiled by now... I'm really skeptical about this claim now. If it is real, can somebody compile it? Im quite excited to play budokai 3 at 3fps.

19. intellettuanale

intellettuanale GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2017
    Italy
    I have a little problem with the last build:
    I edited the .config/autostart.sh file to make it run a script, but it won't start at boot. Everytime I had to run the script with ssh. (the script will mount some network folders).

Is there another way to run something at boot? Or at least a way to run it through the menu, without us in ssh? Thanks.

20. nifoc2099

nifoc2099 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2018
    Singapore
    Which Saturn games you are trying to play? The core freezes at startup or halfway thru a game?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted