RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. RAdamantiS

RAdamantiS Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2018
    Italy
    Do you know guys how can I copy a 7GB ISO to my SD Card? It's FAT32 and I can't copy it even If I have a 32gb sd

2. NRamos

NRamos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    Because Cores need to be set up properly with their compatible drivers. If you want Nintendo Gamecube games to perform as fast as possible, you need to set Vulkan as your main driver for example.

3. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Please reread my comment.

4. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    What games have you tried? Mine 99% of the time work well on default settings using glcore. Restart Retroarch option(near reboot to rcm) with your charger plugged in, will charge fine.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —
    If it is a Wii game, convert it to wbfs.

This happens when either the incorrect drivers are selected, or you need to reset your directory and make sure the System/Bios/DC are set correctly with the right bios.

Last edited by Basketto, Jul 13, 2019
  5. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Weird I thought I added more info in my previous post?

Okay, no, so I know that. What I mean is, I'll select GL for dreamcast emulation, load the game, and itll fail and give me that error. Then I go back to the driver screen and it's back on vulkan for some reason. It was working for months before... I havent tried it again since, but yeah. I select gl, load the dreamcast game, and when it fails, I check the driver screen and it says it's back on vulkan for some strange reason

6. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    A game of that magnitude can only be Wii, and I doubt it works for you because it must be a Third Party and will give you as much

Does anyone know if this has the option to load game remotely?

7. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    When a system fails to open with said core it reverts back sometimes, has done this for me before. If you have set it to Gl or Glcore and its crashing, its not because its trying to use Vulkan, something else is set incorrectly. It generally goes back to your saved settings from when you exited Lakka. I have had this happen before, it is not abnormal. This happened to me when I had an incorrect setting in dreamcast options that crashed games, or the incorrect bios path. I have absolutely zero problems running dreamcast games ;).

Last edited by Basketto, Jul 13, 2019
  8. djluis49

djluis49 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    Dominican Republic
    Is this getting updated? Its been 2 months since last update...

9. Fenderbendr

Fenderbendr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    Do you over clock the switch at all? I’m on the default Mupen64Plus core, and everything’s laggy and stuff.

I’ve tried Mario tennis and the Mario party games, and they both don’t run well.

Last edited by Fenderbendr, Jul 13, 2019
  10. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Havent tried Mario Tennis, Mario Party 2 works fine no overclocking for me. Try enabling advanced settings and using GL core also try set RDRAM options to async if they are set to sync. Also It should be off by default but DONT have Hard sync CPU to GPU in video settings. Mario tennis should also work fine. I run all my games on HD settings 720p without need of overclocking. I dont have access to my switch at the moment but I can tell you my mario party settings later if u still cant get it running. I dont think i needed to change much though.

Fenderbendr likes this.
  11. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    But I never changed any settings from the last time I played DC. And also by default it starts on gl :I

12. Fenderbendr

Fenderbendr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    Great, I’ll try that! Thanks

13. Deathbot64

Deathbot64 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    it is, just working on some features like sleep mode and a working ps2 emulator from what i have read

14. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Only other problem I can think of is a bad rom. But if none of them work, then it has to be a setting that is causing issues, or the fact it isn’t locating the bios correctly. If none of your games work and your on GL or Core and you have already gone to directory and set your Bios folder to whichever folder DC is in(example if your filepath is System/DC, your bios directory must be set as System), reset your Retroarch.cfg file completely. Find a new SD card launch Lakka on it once, put it into your PC/Mac etc, show hidden files, .config/retroach/config/retroarch.cfg, when you find retroarch.cfg delete the one on your current SD card and replace it with the new one.

15. Fenderbendr

Fenderbendr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    Ok, I tried these settings and it’s still laggy and the audio is choppy. I feel like I messed some setting up somewhere but I’m not sure which one. Haha.

Could you maybe share your settings with me if it’s not too hard? Also, how do you set it to HD for n64 stuff?

I’ve tried searching around for n64 settings but I haven’t found any.

16. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    Im waiting for more stability for the cores to get updated again and such.

17. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    is dock and pro controller support being worked on?

Hacktendo likes this.
  18. MrRevocs

MrRevocs Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    United Kingdom
    so apparently you need emummc to launch lakka. How big is the emummc partition in general?

19. djluis49

djluis49 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    Dominican Republic
    You dont need emuMMC to launch Lakka. You just drop some files on your SD and launch Hekate, then boot Lakka from there.

I see...was wondering because its been 2 months since last update. Where i can get updates on how its going? Is there a Discord or something?

20. Deathbot64

Deathbot64 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    i think their may be one but i dontknow the channel, following natinusala's twitter may be the easiest way tho

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted