RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. chillyshackk

chillyshackk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Canada
    Québec, Canada
    Hekate 5.0.1 was just released, l4t lakka now working if you have an emummc partition!

rufuszombot and Baggesen like this.
  2. Deathbot64

Deathbot64 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    @natinusala and timeframe for the next update? also great work as always

3. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    You're not going to get an answer from him most likely. Just be patient. It'll be out when it's out.

4. Deathbot64

Deathbot64 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    I have gotten a reply from him before on this thread. so hopefully we will see it. but i wont be surprised if he doesnt

5. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    ETA wen impatient people.

CatmanFan likes this.
  6. jeferey

jeferey Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2019
    France
    thanks for help!

it works thanks to you
    dolphin good emulation with overclock!, reicast and n64 use nro2nsp with horizon so much better, thanks and waiting for play! and dolphin in horizon retroarch cores 1.7.8?

7. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    If uve set n64 properly and reicast both work much better in ubuntu/lakka, developers have mentioned this before. Examples ive tested. N64–Goldeneye performance- better in lakka by a lot, banjo tooie runs perfectly with a few changes, doesn’t in horizon. Reicast emulation— Skies of Arcadia- perfect in lakka, bugged txt in horizon, Marvel vs Capcom perfect in Lakka, bugged textures/unplayable horizon, Record of Lordoss War, wont open at all in Horizon, runs 90-100% speed in Lakka. I know horizon has dock and sleep, but if u dont mind portable, 64 and reicast are both better on Lakka ;). Having said that many games work just fine on horizon. Only emulator that seems to get 1-2 fps more on horizon is PCSX-rearmed.

Last edited by Basketto, Jul 9, 2019
  8. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Do people here have slight frame jitter even when the framerate should be solid? I figured it's probably the vsync settings, but don't know what the monitor refresh rate should be set to... 60.000, 59.94 or some variant. It's most obvious with Reicast, but I've seen it with other cores.

I just want things to be smooth :(

9. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    . I have zero problems with reicast. If you mean the frame rates dip a very small amount, it is absolutely normal. Best way to test is try overclocking the CPU and see if anything changes. The games ive tested for the most part in reicast run perfectly though, worst cast scenario 90% speed on stock Cpu. Even on the original dreamcast games don’t run 60fps 100% of the time.

10. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I was gonna say. When I up the clock speed of the cpu or the gpu, can't remember which, it'll cause some vsync issues.

11. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Hmm i dont think cpu or gpu overclocking should affect it(at least it hasnt for me). Disabling vsync in general can speed things up, but it comes at the price of occassional screen tearing. Basically if vsync will cause problems it will regardless.

Last edited by Basketto, Jul 10, 2019
  12. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    It caused screen tearing for me. Pretty sure it was CPU overclocking while playing a GCN game.

Also, I'm sure the answer, logically, is a no, but I wanted to ask if somehow, local multiplayer is a thing with Lakka? Possible via bluetooth controllers?

13. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Bluetooth is currently bugged, so unfortunately no :P, you will need to wait for a lakka update for that, like the many other people waiting for one ;) for multiple reasons.

14. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I cant find this option

15. bigwhop23

bigwhop23 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    Can someone tell me if they got mame to run properly on here

16. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Found the option! Changing the anolog deadzone (in the input options in the main settings menu) to .01, from .00, it now doesn't have that issue. It 'feels' a little... different, but it's doable.Thank you!

Also, can confirm that save states break wind waker saves, and cause it to crash after some time, if not just a lakka incompatibility, itself.

17. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Tried Dreamcast and PS1 (.pbp file) and even with a high overclock I got lag/slowdown with music and framerate.

Any tips or suggestions on cores to use and any settings? Thanks.

Sent from my VOG-L09/Huawei P30 Pro

18. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Dreamcast I use Glcore, and Vulkan for ps1, for ps1 disable dithering make sure threaded video is enabled. Ps1 has no dynarec core so many games require about 1500 overclock. For dreamcast im not sure what game your trying to run but I have tried about 10 and none require overclocking of any kind everyone works well on stock cpu.

19. Fenderbendr

Fenderbendr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    Anyone have some good n64 settings they’d like to share? All the games I’ve tried are really choppy.

Also, is it normal for the switch to not charge while in Lakka?

20. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I try selecting gl to boot dreamcast, and it just says, "failed to load content", and I go to drivers and it's set back on vulkan... I dont know why... help please?