RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. chillyshackk

chillyshackk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Canada
    Québec, Canada
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/l4t-lakka-switch-now-with-audio-and-vulkan.538619/page-36#post-8651595

2. KsAmJ

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    how can i dual /tribble boot all in one memory card??
    i want to have SX OS/Atmos/L4t/Lakka all on same card + emuMMC

3. cots

cots Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    You start with flashing the L4T image to your sd card, then resizing both partitions to whatever size you want (make sure to resize the main FAT32 to something that can hold all of your stuff). After that copy over SXOS, Atmos and Lakka files to your main FAT32 partition and configure Hekate to boot both Lakka and L4T by separate entries. You also might want to look into Argon-NX to for your main payload so you can then boot into any of the other or if you don't mind clicking through a couple of menus using Hekate & Nyx for your boot manager (I rather have the payloads be the first thing that pops up, so I use Argon-NX).

KsAmJ likes this.
  4. KsAmJ

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    thanks i am doing it now.

5. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Couldn't get it to work no matter how many formats i did. Tried the first suggestions...it took me less than 5 minutes to be up and running WOW thanks!

6. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Had done that back when you suggested it, but after updating Atmosphere and Hetake to the latest versions via SDSetup, I found that the homebrew Kosmos Toolbox not only allows me to reboot to Hetake, CFW and Stock instantly, but it also has Lakka listed. Tried it, and I booted straight into Lakka. Now Lakka just needs to be able to reboot to Hetake (which I have set to autoboot CFW), get sleep mode, docked mode, and bluetooth working, and I may move ALL of my Retroarch stuff to it, including ROMs that can play fine under Horizon.

7. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Using high overclocks PS1 runs like crap on Beetle or Rearmed. I thought it would be much better. Any tips? Got BIOS files detected and using a PBP of THPS2.

8. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    As much as i would love to see PS2 emulation, the best bet i think of seeing anything running at decent speeds is A) using pcsx2 code to create an emulator that works on switch. B) taking code from the android PS2 emulator which developers ripped off pcsx2 then released as closed source, which they never had any right to do :P.

9. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Conan179, CatmanFan and Mouser X like this.
  10. Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2018
    Norway
    We have this though :P

Not entirely sure what this means, but it sure looks like we're getting pcsx2 on the Switch at some point in the future

11. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Not going to happen.

12. KsAmJ

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    hi i managed to do L4T image on y Micro SD and expanded the FAT32 partation so i can load booth L4t and Lakka but when i put Lakka it always launch the L4T although i choose it from the other config and select the Lakka
    any ideas why it is happening and how to resolve it?

i am using latest updates for both Lakka and L4T 1.3.1

13. agarpac

agarpac Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Indonesia
    lakka crashed when i tried to close content of ppsspp
    but when i tried to crash ppsspp, it will not crash...

14. Atarassia

Atarassia Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2019
    Italy
    Hi everyone, new to the Lakka world.
    I have actually this version on the sd, everything works fine, the emulation of gba,gbc,psx and psp works pratically perfect.
    The things come with gcn emulation. Is pratically impossible for me to play any game. It starts floppy, even with cpu overclock and vulkan as video driver. Do I have to set something from the video/audio options and/or the dolphin in-game options? I hope you can help me
    Green Joy-Con D-Pad Shells for Nintendo Switch

15. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    At 1700 overclock 95% of gcn run fullspeed for me.. what games are you trying? Try PAL games cause they run fullspeed with a lower fps. You do sometimes need to fiddle with settings like Dolphin cpu overclock/vsync off/ make sure threaded video is enabled.

16. agarpac

agarpac Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Indonesia
    i kinda being dumb here
    so, should pcsx runs (almost) full speed at stock speed? was it because of bios? i kinda need to change the filename
    yaba sansiro can't load. was it because i need the bios too?

anyways, good work there, sir.

17. Atarassia

Atarassia Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2019
    Italy
    I'm trying to play Mario sunshine,Zelda WW,Luigi's Mansion and Zelda TP. But everyone of them run like this.
    I have cpu overclocked at maximum performance, they are all pal I have vsync off and threaded video on but nothing change

18. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Know for sure they all run fullspeed none need 2k cpu overclock. Zelda ww slows a bit maybe 5% of the entire game? But otherwise fullspeed. For sunshine and zelda set the dolphin Cpu overclock to 150% and 60%, and try changing a few settings. I know both have recommended settings on this current thread for full speed. But just changing those 2 things will make a big difference alone. I dont have my switch atm, but can assure you i run both full speed at 1700 oc with settings recommended from other posts that u can find here.

19. Atarassia

Atarassia Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2019
    Italy
    I've tried this, but I just can't play at all, it's impossible for me, and I don't even know why!!!!
    The fact is, I was able to play, laggy but able to, a few days ago, and now I just can't

No difference at all... still the same choppiness

Last edited by Atarassia, Jul 1, 2019
  20. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Have u got a spare sd card? Try either a fresh install of lakka with all those settings using a different sd card, if u really want to use your current one try replacing the retroarch.cfg file with a new one(you will need to show hidden files for your sd). If its easy to do and not a problem do a reformat of the sd to fat32 and 32 cluster size.

klear and Atarassia like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted