RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. TerpToke

TerpToke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2018
    United States
    Ohigho
    Can someone lend a hand? I'm still running into lakka black screen on boot. Had this issue way early on and figured I'd wait for it to be smoothed out. I've heard that for a lot of people updates have fixed it. I'm unfortunately still running into the issue. If someone could point me in a good direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! (Also I have indeed switched SD cards to test)

2. NRamos

NRamos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    If your MicroSD card is formatted to Fat32 and have all necessary files, just copy and paste (Do a fresh install, not replacing the files). After you have selected Hekate, choose lakka again and see if it works for you, I had the same issue and with this i solved it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also To add, Make sure your MicroSD compartment in your nintendo switch is free from dust and dirt. This happens inserting back and forth your microSD card into the nintendo switch.
    Sometimes even if you did all the correct steps, you may get a black screen or error because of this, it does not mean that the MicroSD card is faulty.

3. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Read Chillyshhacks post on the very bottom of page 42. From what I understand that solution worked for everyone with that problem ;).

4. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    Update please!

5. EmulateLife
    This message by EmulateLife has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 28, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 27, 2019
  6. Ghost92
    This message by Ghost92 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 28, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 27, 2019
  7. EmulateLife
    This message by EmulateLife has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 28, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 27, 2019
  8. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
  9. agarpac

agarpac Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Indonesia
    are cores from lakka (switch) different from other consoles?
    i want to find any documentation regarding the compatibility and performance.

this is what i have played so far:
    i played n64 (i think only 1 emulator) and on puyo sun 64 (archived), it slowed down when it tries to load something (full speed when it's done).
    pcsx, ctr, i only try naughty dog log and it runs really slow already (i think 20-40%) and then i stopped
    edit : also i'm using cheap microsd 16GB (VGen) maybe that's the problem too (on the readin speed)?

i didn't try vulkan, so probably that's the problem
    also OP should list the software renderer (or atleast give the link of the available list)
    since i don't know which one (sorry for being lazy)

anyways, it's still amazing project since you boot another system instead of through cfw
    keep up the good work

Last edited by agarpac, Jun 28, 2019
  10. Ghost92
    This message by Ghost92 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 28, 2019, Reason: English please or add translation.
    Jun 28, 2019
  11. EmulateLife
    Jun 28, 2019
  12. Ghost92
    This message by Ghost92 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 28, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 28, 2019
  13. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I might be getting ahead of myself because I don't even know how good it works but I wonder how PS2 Isos over 4 gb will work with your sd card? I'm not aware of any way to shrink them on PS2.

14. agarpac

agarpac Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Indonesia
    i don't think you can shrink disc image

anyways, pcsx got me locked 30fps (half speed) on most occasion on bomberman fantasy race
    i'll do with bios and see what if it improves

15. Matchitza

Matchitza Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2017
    Indonesia
    Hmm, I tried with Wii Sports and it was decent at lower overclock frequencies, but I'm not risking overheating damage by doing higher settings.

How is Mario Kart Wii outside of time trials? And what settings do you guys use to keep it at a constant framerate? I just hope that one day bluetooth + motion control support gets implemented so I can play with my Wiimote just for old time's sakes.

Last edited by Matchitza, Jun 28, 2019
  16. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Can anyone tell me what the refresh rate should be set to for smooth motion? Anything I play with the Dreamcast core (for example), regardless of how well it runs generally always seems to hitch at regular intervals. Exactly 60.000? 59.94? Vsync on or off?

17. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Does anyone know if WAD files work in dolphin? Or if any extra setup is required? Has anyone tried any? None of the virtual console games work running them directly, well they aren’t working for me :P, just a nice black screen.

Last edited by Basketto, Jun 28, 2019
  18. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    I have tried Monster Hunter Tri and it goes to 15-20 fps with the Overclocked to the maximum

19. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Idk what cpu overclock you were doing but anything up to 1700 mark is absolutely fine. Been thoroughly tested by developers. All that you will do is drain the battery a little faster.

Matchitza likes this.
  20. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    The same way you can split nsp files to put on a fat32 card, you can do the same with any kind of file (numbered parts in a folder with the archive bit set) - the Switch's filesystem will treat it as one big file.

EmulateLife likes this.
  21. kevinbrew

kevinbrew GBAtemp Fan

Nov 14, 2016
    wheres the core and game overrides?

22. leons09

leons09 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2019
    Cambodia
    Got a bricked switch, and failed to do manual downgrade. Gladly I can run L4T on it. Much love <3

23. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Pcsx is slow, but you need to disable dithering/use vulkan/ and make sure threaded video is enabled! It should be about 75% speed for most games. You need generally 1200-1500 cpu overclock to get full speed for most.

24. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Had anyone compiled the rev with Play! in it yet?

25. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    Nope

26. Rockmaniac

Rockmaniac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2008
    This question is mainly for Nintendo Switch version of Lakka as it has a bit more capacity than the Wii U, though it would be superinteresting if plausible for the Wii U too.

Anyways. My question is - can ResidualVM - the 3D sister engine of ScummVM be implemented in the Switch version of Lakkas ScummVM emulator?

I have seen a couple of other systems that combine these two emulators into one. For instance “Recalbox”

" This new emulator has been added by lmerckx as a second ScummVM core . The switch between ScummVM and ResidualVM is automatic. Indeed, the way to add new games is the same as for ScummVM. The only difference is the file extension to use. Once your game inside the /recalbox/roms/scummvm folder, you have to name your shortcut file as gameShortName.residualvm instead of gameShortName.scummvm (for example grim.residualvm to add Grim Fandango). Recalbox will automatically select and use the right emulator."

https://www.recalbox.com/blog/post/blog-2018-02-04-residualvm/

and RetroPie.

“– Combined Residualvm into Scummvm so it’s seamless and can select emulator.”

https://www.arcadepunks.com/256gb-v...-revamp-edition-retropie-pi3b-and-pi3b-ready/

With this I was hoping to play Myst III as well as the original version of Grim Fandango on the Switch?

So is this doable on the Switch?