RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. ELY_M

ELY_M GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    What do you do about making controls better in NSMBW? also when I was playing it. it was abit slower.
    might I need to overclock more.

enderer likes this.
  2. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Many work well now. Wind Waker is roughly always full speed, (beat the game on Lakka Switch) Twilight Princess is full speed (with the exception of the overworld... - I'm at the Twilight Dungeon fully played on Lakka Switch), and most actually run perfectly, if not close to perfect, now.

wizra and stick267 like this.
  3. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Which settings do you use for Twilight Princess? I beat Wind Waker on L4T a couple weeks ago, and am gonna play Twilight Princess next.

4. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I like to keep it on max overclock. Not sure if less will work just as well, but I keep it at max, and use Vulkan, of course. Everything else is standard

stick267 likes this.
  5. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Ok cool, pretty simple then. Fiddling around with the emulated clock speed might allow us to run a more mild overclock while still achieving full speed, but just using the max is fine with me.

6. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    If it had that plus being able to reboot to payload/Horizon (and being able to reboot from Horizon to this), then I'd be sold.

7. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    You can boot to this from Horizon with Fusee Starter, works with any CFW.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/fusee-starter-launch-payloads-from-hbl.533211/

No boot back to Horizon but it saves you the trouble of having to send the payload.

8. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2015
    United States
    so for main menu and char select, set controls to wii remote (sideways)
    then in-game map and gameplay, switch controls to wii remote + classic controller

and i can't get it smooth throughout with OC. it's always slow when animating water or soda or lava.

Last edited by enderer, Jun 24, 2019
  9. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Can I ask how it's any different from how it was a month ago? I thought it was still using the same build.

10. FightingPolygon

FightingPolygon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2016
    United States
    That too! We're this close to perfection.

11. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Likely similar, or the same? Which games have you tried? What issues have you been having?

12. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    None, I was just wondering why someone (wizra, I think it was) would ask if anything's performing better in the last month when there have been no build changes since the initial release. No biggie :)

13. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Oh! Haha! Yeah most things perform really well, even though some of them require overclocking. Melee is full speed, Sunshine and Luigis Mansion are full speed, among many others. I do play Sonic Adventure 2 using the dreamcast core, however, because it's 100% full speed on there, and only about 98/99% full speed on dolphin. It makes a difference though ;)

14. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    One last thing, but most likely too difficult and/or complicated. Being able to read the NAND at load for linked wireless controllers so you can keep using the same controllers linked to Horizon without having to resync them (thereby not having to resync them back to Horizon). Not a real problem if using attached joycons in handheld mode, but when wireless and using the Pro controller.

FightingPolygon likes this.
  15. FightingPolygon

FightingPolygon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2016
    United States
    I'm wondering what are the optimal settings for use with Dolphin?

16. NRamos

NRamos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    I went and tried to load (Gamecube) Robotech Battle Cry and Call of Duty 2 Big Red One, I always get a black screen regardless of what region the games are (Vulkan as Drive and Max overclock)

Does anybody know how to get these specific games up and running?

17. Dfroberts86

Dfroberts86 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    You are able to use the pro controller with lakka?

18. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Can you please explain how you compile and copy a single core if possible? There have been updates to certain cores I would love to be able copy to lakka. I never thought it possible. Would be amazing if I could do this with a couple of cores, as certain ones already have updates and have better compatibility ;). I have a feeling waiting for an update might be a while as lakka progress is fairly slow. But to be able to add some cores/updating myself would be awsome! Thanks muchly!

19. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I think he was just giving his wishlist. It's impossible right now AFAIK.

20. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    If you find the main L4T thread, there's a link in the main post about compiling certain apps for it. One of those is for Retroarch, so create an SD card with L4T on it and compile Retroarch as per those instructions.

Backup whatever cores you want, then copy them to the empty cores folder on your Lakka SD card.

Note that I only did this with a core that has been omitted, so I don't know how it works with ones that are already in there.

bigwhop23 and Basketto like this.