RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    Just managed to get Super Mario Sunshine running at literally FULL 100% speed through entire Delphino Plaza and everywhere so far in the first world :P with a little tweaking. ;)!!!!

Switch CPU at only 1750!!(nothing unstable)
    Dolphin CPU 150%
    Wait for shaders before starting
    GPU texture decoding.

You will need the EU(PAL) version.
    Vulkan enabled

The Gameplay side seems pretty much flawless. If anyone finds any other suggestions to improve cutscenes(audio) let me know ;).

Last edited by Jackson98, May 25, 2019
    rommy667, NRamos, Freeze1919 and 3 others like this.
  2. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    well, just for the record guys, to the people that has crashing problems with gc and wii games on this new lakka, after testing some sd cards (sandisk), i tried a Samsung evo 64 gb card 3 and now i can play perfectly or at least as it is supossed to be
    the weird thing is that i never had a problem with those cards on horizon or atmosphere with anything: games, homebrew etc

3. xbmcuser

xbmcuser Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2007
    United States

CPU clock rate 60%
    set audio to mono in game
    and overclock to 2091 MHz

4. Wolfy

Wolfy Person That Never Was

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere In The Aether...
    Pretty sure it got corrupted, which sucks. It's the reason so many people are divided over using exFAT or FAT32.

exFAT is prone to corruptions, but has the ability to store files larger than 4GB which FAT32 cannot.

5. ParentalLvl9

ParentalLvl9 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Hey thanks for the set up this runs great except for a few stutters. One question though, how do i wait for the shaders before starting? is that an configuration option?

6. MusicallyInspired

MusicallyInspired Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2017
    Canada
    I've been saying this over and over and keep getting ignored. When I try to charge it shows the charge icon but it still steadily drains the battery, just slower.

I tried Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People. It got through the loading screen but when it got to the main menu it hung the whole system and I had to hard reset/power off.

7. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    are there like new compilations/upgrades like patreon things or something?
    thank you

8. Dazzcooney

Dazzcooney Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Excellent and did you manage to get him to run and spray water at the same time ? This the only thing stopping me from playing it , otherwise it’s running indeed great

9. Snowhose

Snowhose Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2017
    United States
    But where is sleep mode!!??! This has the opportunity to be great but without sleep mode its almost useless, or should i say one time use then back to rcm.

10. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    its under the "Options" line specific to dolphin a few lines from the bottom of the list. if you want also feel free to enable shaders too, the game still runs like a charm from what I've seen

Im still unsure how to do this, although I think their is a way, Im pretty sure an emulated video on youtube exists with movement while shooting. Ill let you know if i find something

11. Dazzcooney

Dazzcooney Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Many thanks look forward to it

Jackson98 likes this.
  12. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    its as bad as I thought initially, i just have my base payload as SXOS and then just boot OFW from their and set to sleep. I run lakka as an Autoboot under launch external payload from SX OS options. Don't get me wrong, sleep would be awesome, and not having it is a definate inconvenience, but this still owns the heck out of Retroarch in horizon and pretty much always will.

13. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2015
    United States
    i'll try again.. anyone know where to put save files for reicast?

14. NRamos

NRamos Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    Thank you very much.
    Where do I find the Vulcan ON/OFF setting and the dolphin CPU within Lakka?

15. wizra

wizra GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2009
    I can't exactly remember how... but there was a setting that toggles "advanced user settings". Once you enable that, you can go to Driver settings and change to Vulkan.

16. steveo

steveo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    Do any nightly for switch-lakka exist? Dad anyone have any luck.

17. ParentalLvl9

ParentalLvl9 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Thanks a lot man i got it working almost 100% full speed now. Btw I actually increased the dolphin cpu to 200% and runs much better but i dont know the implications of that

18. chillyshackk

chillyshackk Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Canada
    Still clarifying what I did different but I finally got it to work! Trying to revers my steps and see what made a difference then will let you know..!

19. chillyshackk

chillyshackk Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Canada
    So I managed to get it to work 2 different ways but both in the end what made the difference seems to be the partition table type (note that I am on Ubuntu).

- The easiest but longest is to write the L4T Ubuntu image on your card, deleting the ext4 partition, extending the fat32 partition, deleting all files on the fat32 partition and then copying lakka the same way you would usually do (do not forget hekate).

OR

- Download GParted, delete all existing partitions on your sd card then create a msdos partition table type, then create a fat32 partition.

For some reason by just doing that it worked on all my sd cards where it was not working previously! Hopefully it will help someone else!

Csmrcc likes this.
  20. Mario119

Mario119 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    Whenever I boot up a Wii game I can't seem to get it to recognize any inputs whatsoever. I went into the controller config in the quick menu whilst running the game and set the controller from Retropad to Wiimote, but but nothing seems to be working. I've tried this on multiple other Wii games as well to no avail. If anyone knows a way to fix this, it would be much appreciated :)

EDIT: After removing Lakka and reinstalling it everything seem to be working now!

Last edited by Mario119, May 26, 2019