RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    Then there are no reasons for them to not work if they do in hos reicast. You either messed up with bios files or derectory settings... Idk, try changing "DC" folder name to lower case "dc".. Cause other than vulkan and threaded vid options, there are nothing that stops reicast from loading roms

they are in /tmp/cores/

Last edited by bad361, May 24, 2019
  2. dudemo

dudemo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2016
    United States
    PIxelville
    This definitely doesn't work for me. I've tried multiple SD cards that I know are good. I've tried multiple different ways of formatting my SD cards always fat32 with different cluster sizes. I always end up with a black screen on boot from Hekate. I've waited a half hour each boot just to be sure I'm not being impatient. It just doesn't boot.

Launch day Switch, HOS version 6.2.0, CTCaer's Hekate 4.10.1, latest version of Lakka. I cannot get L4T Ubuntu to boot either and I think whatever is preventing me from booting Lakka is also preventing me from booting L4T Ubuntu. If devs need anything else from me, please ask or direct me to a different place to troubleshoot. I'd really like to get this working.

3. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2016
    United States
    It's a known issue that some switch models aren't booting this. There's absolutely nothing you can do but wait and hope they fix it.

dudemo likes this.
  4. dudemo

dudemo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2016
    United States
    PIxelville
    Darn. Thanks for the info. Guess I'll go back to overclocking HOS Retroarch and playing that way.

5. nickerous

nickerous Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2013
    United States
    Huh...got a switch just for hacking and was ready to try and set this up, but hearing that some won't run it just makes me want to wait. This one isn't launch day though. Came with 2.2 fw.

6. snk2

snk2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2005
    Romania
    anybody tried to run WiiWare games in Dolphin?

7. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Doesn't hurt to try.

nacimem likes this.
  8. CatmanFan

CatmanFan Anxious and regretful

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase works, runs at (almost) constant full speed at CPU overclocked and GPU at handheld boost mode.

9. CatmanFan

CatmanFan Anxious and regretful

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    My fucking mouse decided to fuck me, please ignore this message

Last edited by CatmanFan, May 24, 2019
  10. Mike_77712

Mike_77712 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    I've tried Castlevania Rebirth.wad but I get a odd colored screen after the konami logo. Do I need specific settings for wiiware?

11. zomgugoff

zomgugoff Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2016
    United States
    Make sure to use glcore, not gl. I ran into this problem yesterday.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Have you booted up to Horizon with any of those sd cards? I wasn't able to boot Lakka until I let it put the Nintendo folder on my sd.

12. chillyshackk

chillyshackk Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Canada

I did try and it didn't make any difference, all I did this week was trying to get this to work, I even compiled from GitHub :/ the only thing I didn't try is to downgrade firmware and I'm not sure I want to so I'll wait..!

Last edited by chillyshackk, May 24, 2019
  13. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Any tricks to keep Yaba Sanshiro (saturn) core from freezing? I already have threaded video off still freezes.

14. ReacH18

ReacH18 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2018
    Germany
    hav u tried installing lakka on the same sd card that ur using horizon on? and manually select lakka in the boot screen?

Has anyone managed to get custom textures working? ive enabled them in the menu and put them into lakka\storage\savefiles\User\Load\Textures is that the wrong folder?

Last edited by ReacH18, May 25, 2019
  15. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2015
    United States
    mega man 9 and 10 run full speed at 'boost mode' clock (except the one part of magma man level with the lasers and there are more than 2 lasers on screen)

where do i put save files for reicast? i'm not going to manually unlock all the characters in marvel capcom 2, i just won't.

16. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    I'm on FAT32, yet loading Lakka leaves me with a black screen.

17. Dee8282

Dee8282 Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2019
    United States
    Yea I’m talking about Wii games

For the record you can split files with winrar,it will come out in parts .I did this for punchout on Wii but that game have problems running, it got to the safety Wii remote screen and frozed.just copy the broken up files to the fat32 then extract

18. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    For future reference, is their a way to completely restore lakka's original settings without re-formatting the SD? :P. Be handy to know in the case something goes wrong with one of the config files, or something accidentally gets changed and you can't locate the source ;).

19. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2006
    I just tried Lakka on my other switch, which is on 2.3.0 and untouched and it also works fine.

20. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    It does work with gl, no need for glcore. If lakka works for him and everything else works, but dreamcast, there's absolutely something that he messed up (either with bios or driver settings). Your switch firmware doesn't matter too, oh god... Lakka runs independantly thanks to tegra cpu vulnerability, it doesn't touch or use nand in any way.

21. zomgugoff

zomgugoff Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2016
    United States
    gl doesn't work with reicast for me. It could be useful to at least try different drivers.