RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    Wut this is for the switch? Dolphin?

2. Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2018
    Norway
    I have a lot of crackling (for lack of a better word) when I try to play Twilight Princess (GCN version) on Dolphin, but I haven't found a way around this. The same issue happens from time to time on Wind Waker, although a lot less. It appears to happen when there are performance drops. Not sure if it this was the issue you were talking about though

3. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    if lakka uses old core of dolphin can the newer one be inserted?

4. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2006
    No, we can't do it ourselves. We will have to wait for an updated Lakka version.

5. tabnk

tabnk GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2016
    United States
    PPSSPP ON Lakka is faster than Horizon build, while PSX and N64 are faster on Horizon.

Ninn likes this.
  6. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2006
    Thanks for the head-up! Was a little curious about that, didnt have the time to try if for myself.

7. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    Is pretty common fact that emulation for all consoles is better in Lakka, Golden eye doesn't run well at all in horizon(N64). Lakka's OS is better designed for emulation. Every game I've run in Lakka N64 so far runs pretty much full speed stock CPU. If your getting better results in horizon, your probably not using Lakka to its full potential. This isn't an opinion either it has been quoted by developers working on porting emulators across.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The choppy audio is with the current dolphin build Lakka uses. I'm pretty sure the core Lakka uses atm for dolphin is a pretty old one.

Last edited by Jackson98, May 23, 2019
  8. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Really? Although that might be true, it's already full speed for me in Horizon. :)

9. Spectrelepsy

Spectrelepsy Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    Canada

In order to use your saves you'll have to do a few things. First off, use the Dolphin emulator and go to "Tools > Memory Card Manager (GC)". From there open up your memorycard.raw and export your .gci files. After that drag and drop your .gci files to your micro sd card "Lakka > Storage > savefiles > User > GC > (select the region of the game) > Card A". You should be good to go after that.

junkykrugger likes this.
  10. username23bob

username23bob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    can you tell me your settings

11. Spectrelepsy

Spectrelepsy Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    Canada
    I'm not sure if it's been answered but are we able to use cheats with the Dolphin core? I specifically want to use cheats for PSO ep. 1 & 2 Plus. I've just been transferring my save from my Switch to PC to do what I need to do in Dolphin but it's rather tedious.

12. pplaker677

pplaker677 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2019
    United States
    Have you tried to connect to an online server? Like shctserv? It's my dream to play PSO online on the switch but I'm not super switch homebrew savvy

13. junkykrugger

junkykrugger Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2019
    France
    Thanks, it worked !
    I googled before asking but couldn't find the solution, probably poor choice of keywords :)

14. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Not life changing but this helps a little bit. You can boot to Lakka from homebrew menu. Saves you the trouble of having to shutdown the switch and send the payload to boot to Lakka. I have Hekate options set to auto boot Lakka so I can get straight into Lakka from the Homebrew menu. Works on any CFW.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/fusee-starter-launch-payloads-from-hbl.533211/

Now if we can just get docked + boot to CFW from Lakka, we'd be set.

That's been around a few months I just barely discovered it, and thought maybe someone else might want to use it.

Last edited by EmulateLife, May 24, 2019
    junkykrugger likes this.
  15. Spectrelepsy

Spectrelepsy Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    Canada
    I haven't tried yet, I'm not entirely sure if Lakka can go online with Dolphin yet. To my knowledge it's not possible though I'm going to give it a shot this weekend. I would LOVE to be able to play PSO on a private server from the comfort of my Switch but I'm okay playing PSOBB on Ephinea for all of my online cravings.

Oh awesome! I'm glad that I could be of some help!

junkykrugger likes this.
  16. NRamos

NRamos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    Updates: I was able to get to the settings Core/Gamecube Wii/Dolphin. I tested The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, what settings of Overclock and GPU I need to set it up so it can run the best performance now?

17. chillyshackk

chillyshackk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Canada
    Québec, Canada
    If I managed to get L4T Ubuntu to run do you think there is a way to get this to work using it?

18. jacopastorius

jacopastorius GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2018
    Italy
    i can't run any dreamcast game with lakka, while with stand alone reicast all runs good. I put the bios files in /lakka/storage/system/DC and roms (i tried both cdi and gdi) in lakka/storage/roms/downloads, loaded reicast core but when i try to launch game i get "failed to load content". Has anyone have any idea about what's happening?
    Thank you

19. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    Make sure vulkan is off (change to gl) and turn threaded video OFF

20. jacopastorius

jacopastorius GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2018
    Italy
    sorry, forgot to mention that i am using gl drivers and threaded video set as off.

EDIT:
    i checked the folder /lakka/storage/cores and it is empty. I think i have to download cores

Last edited by jacopastorius, May 24, 2019