RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. Conan179

Conan179 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
    bonoboy likes this.
  2. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2006
    This has already been answered many times now. Screenshot_2019-05-22 Frequently Asked Questions.

bonoboy likes this.
  3. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Disabling dual core would destroy performance.

4. BruhBoy

BruhBoy Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2019
    United States
    So is this better than l4t ubuntu

5. DerEineee

DerEineee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 22, 2015
    Germany
    First you have to go into the control settings. From there you select the device type for control inputs for user one. It is RetroPad by default which you have to change to WiiMote by pressing right once on the d-pad.

I had the same problem as you when I tried Wii games but fortunately I found this out by accident xD
    WhatsApp Image 2019-05-23 at 01.10.14. WhatsApp Image 2019-05-23 at 01.10.14 (1). WhatsApp Image 2019-05-23 at 01.10.15.

Last edited by DerEineee, May 23, 2019
  6. xbmcuser

xbmcuser Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2007
    United States
    Will there be more cores coming? Can I download cores from somewhere for this?

I am most interested in ZX spectrum and meo geo.

7. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    My understanding is this is pre-compiled so you only get the cores you get. I believe there's a way to compile this yourself I don't know how I'm sure someone does.

8. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    That's probably because EU games are PAL, right? Does the Dolphin Emu have a region setting (PAL is lower Hz display wise so emulation might be different?)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Lakka isn't homebrew. It's more CFW, that said The whole OS here is loaded off the SD (unlike using Horizon + Homebrew which boots off Nand) Just get a better SD card man.

9. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    They have a list asking people if their switch model works with this. It might not be the sd card just some switchs can't boot this right now.

10. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    oh, I must of scrolled past this. I just had an issue booting, but trying RCM a second time worked for me sooo.

Anyway, my bad

11. steveo

steveo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    I dont have a problem with them trying to fix it but they need to change fromffff4
    I'm pretty sure Samsung evo and sandisk ultra are good cards plus even if it's not putting "works on all kinds of sd cards is not the best thing to put there if there's issues.

12. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    To anyone who might know: I enabled advanced options then enabled the Shutdown option on the main menu. I tried it out and it seemed to work, because when I pressed the power button again (no RCM/jig) it booted straight into the Switch OS. Is it disabled because it could potentially corrupt things? Or does it not really shut it down properly?

Edit: There was a post on the first page saying that shutdown works fine, just sleep doesn't work. SMH. Ignore this, then.

Maybe try with GL driver if you're using Vulkan, or vice-versa? I had weird screen flash problems and bad speed with Geometry Wars Galaxies, but GL for some reason works fine.

Last edited by Shaneus, May 23, 2019
  13. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    slow cards don't load well, this is true for any OS loaded on an SDcard. Ask the rpi forums. Similar results. If you bought an evo online, it might even be fake.

14. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2015
    United States
    so i am familiar with the RTC issue and i've read it's a simple fix in Horizon settings, but i am still having issues.

i try manually changing the clock to the correct time, which is successful, i guess, but i am still getting an error when opening the browser about security certificates or something.
    then i try sync clock using internet and it says the year is 2038.

is there an actual fix for RTC after using l4t?

15. NRamos

NRamos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    I got all the files loaded, and after I launch lakka, one of the issues I'm having is that it does not connect to either the joycons nor my Nintendo switch pro controller. I can scroll using the touch screen in Lakka itself though I really don't like it.
    I'm using Fat32 CFW latest version of hekate. Can somebody help me with this?

16. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Pro controllers don't work with this, neither does docked. Only way is having the switch in handheld with the joycons attached.

SwordfishII and NRamos like this.
  17. NRamos

NRamos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks for an answer, will get an update soon on how it went.

18. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Connecting to the internet without a DNS fixes it for me

19. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    Has anyone had soft audio issues on dreamcast or gamecube games? Any tweaks

20. junkykrugger

junkykrugger Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2019
    France
    Quick and dirty question,
    I got Lakka to boot, Baten Kaitos on gamecube working with the Dolphin Core but I am having trouble transferring the save from PC to Lakka...
    I copied the memorycard.raw to the GC directory but it doesn't work, any idea ? Thanks !

Last edited by junkykrugger, May 23, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted