RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    Nope. Just in the systems folder... One folder above DC bios :P

Jackson98 likes this.
  2. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    wierd I keep getting bios folder not found :P. Ive put inside of storage. I just tried putting them in a BIOS all capitals inside of the systems folder.

Last edited by Jackson98, May 21, 2019
  3. Mrcookjr

Mrcookjr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2018
    United States
    I've been waiting for this my whole life.

4. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    Can anyone that has got bios working for Playstation let me know how what folder the put them in and exactly what bios are called/ in upper/lower case? trying to get PCSX to just can't get it to recognise bios. Every time I open an ISO same message to add PlayStation Bios... Im currently using scph5001 and 5002. If anyone that has working bios path that actually work please let me know :P.

5. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    I'm not trying to make this a "let me Google that for you" thing, but if you google something like "PlayStation BIOS Retroarch", it will tell you the filenames, location (if it needs to be in a subfolder) and even through checksums.

The vast majority of generic Retroarch configuration info applies to this build of it, too.

6. DerEineee

DerEineee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 22, 2015
    Germany
    Did you guys get the wii controlls to work? I try to get pass the Wii Sports titelscreen

Edit: Never mind ^^`works now

Last edited by DerEineee, May 21, 2019
  7. Deathscreton

Deathscreton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    I'm wanting to use Lakka over Ubuntu for performance and simplicity reasons, but not being able to install OpenVPN so I can have access to a TAP adapter kills me. Is there anyway to make this happen? I tried accessing the CLI via SSH, but it states that a lot of these features were disabled.

8. gameus

gameus GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2015
    United States
    Anyone know how Lakka has wired joycon support and no bluetooth (botched driver I'm guessing?) while Ubuntu has no wired joycon support and you have to use bluetooth?

Not much of a linux/kernel dude, but was curious if someone could explain that.

9. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    The wired joycon driver breaks bluetooth for some reason, a fix is being worked on iirc

10. Conan179

Conan179 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
    That's not true anymore, with L4T V1.2 L4T and Lakka can be on an SD card and both are booted. ;)

11. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    Do we know why the Joycons do not work with WII Games? every other system seems to work with them, except for the WII Games.

Is there a particular config on drivers / input for them to work on wii with dolphin?

12. ToothBrushHead

ToothBrushHead Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2019
    United States
    Lakka is showing up as "l4t" when I view it in rcm mode. It reboots to rcm after the screen turns on.

13. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    That actually was not the problem, I already did that. It turns out after much playing around it worked after going to the Directory setting in lakka and resetting the BIOS/search location to the BIOS folder in system, which ironically enough it was already set to. Still I honestly can't grasp why PS1 games seem to work so badly without any OC, even with dithering disabled. Maybe certain settings need tweaking idk. Using Vulkan seems to make little difference.

14. gameus

gameus GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2015
    United States
    Gotcha, is that why L4T Ubuntu doesn't have them implemented for wired joycons?

15. steveo

steveo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    Is there any other files I might need other than what Is shown.

16. budtoka420

budtoka420 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2012
    United States
    Needs a dynarec

Jackson98 likes this.
  17. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    Agreed 100%. On the plus side i just realised you could compress the original playstation 1 games bin/cue to about 30% of their size converting to PBP, i suppose thats a plus :P.

Last edited by Jackson98, May 22, 2019
    budtoka420 likes this.
  18. DerEineee

DerEineee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 22, 2015
    Germany
    I want to thank the developer <3 I finally had the time to try this out and I am really impressed by the performance.
    A lot of gamecube games run pretty well and are playable. But I really wish there would be standby support more than bluethoot support.
    Hopefully we do not have to wait too long for the next update to fix most of the issues or at least the standby problem.

Thanks again for the hard work :)

budtoka420 likes this.
  19. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Yes.

20. budtoka420

budtoka420 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2012
    United States