RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Can I use this as an extra payload, named as "payload.bin" in CFW packs? Like RetroReloadED, Stardust, and ArgonNX?

2. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Apologies, please delete.

Last edited by NANASHI89, May 18, 2019
  3. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Apologies, please delete.

Last edited by NANASHI89, May 18, 2019
  4. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Hekate is used to launch Lakka, it doesn't have its own special payload.

5. Bushido1992

Bushido1992 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2018
    Germany
    Karlsruhe
    Anyone tryd time splitters on dolphin? My Switch freezes/black screen after tryn to launch it

6. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    Uhmm ir cant ve booted from sx menú as a payload?

7. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    No you cannot boot from sx menu and it wouldn't help you if you could. You have to boot from hekate. Then next time you power off your switch you can just go back to sx os.

Last edited by EmulateLife, May 18, 2019
  8. stick267

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    I don't see why you couldn't launch it from the SX boot menu. Just make sure you have the Hekate payload on your SD card along with the Lakka config file.

9. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I guess you could but there's no benefit that I can think of. You're just payloading sx os then going to hekate instead of going to hekate. Just making an extra step.

Last edited by EmulateLife, May 18, 2019
  10. stick267

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    He may have the SX dongle which only boots the SX payload to start. If that's the case then it's just more convenient to chainload Hekate from there.

11. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    I'm having a lot of trouble with this release...

first of all, I can't play panzer dragoon 2 with Yaba Sanshiro, the core is not on the list of compatible cores.
    Second, silent hill origins closes when I hit New Game

any ideas?

12. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    What does that mean "the core is not on the list of compatible cores" ?

Yaba Sanshiro works but we've discovered it will crash your switch after playing any game for a little while (5-15 minutes) so it's broken. You'll have to wait for an update.

Mambila2001 likes this.
  13. chillyshackk

chillyshackk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Canada
    Québec, Canada
    Testing different setups to see if I can find one that works, could having my sd card set up using kosmos a specific way or could setting up my sd card manually make any difference? Does kosmos set things up a little differently and could cause L4T to not boot?

Also it's been said a couple of times to wait a while for L4T to boot the first time, any estimate to how long it usually takes? At least x amount of time or shouldn't take any longer than x on a non cheap sd card?

... Or do you already know there is something to fix somewhere but not sure what it is?

14. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    Hi, I think there is not actually a theory about why for some people this doesn't work. They are looking at that.
    About the timing of the first set, it depends, sometimes it's like 5 minutes, another is like 25 minutes, always for the same result: games crashing after some minutes and back to the lakka menu... That makes me think that the problem is on the sd, the switch should not be, I use kosmos too but it's not supposed to make any difference, we have the correct format... It's the sd or the installation.
    My sd is SanDisk ultra 128gb class10.
    Monday I will receive another one, I'm gonna set up just lakka there to test.

Last edited by Csmrcc, May 18, 2019
  15. chillyshackk

chillyshackk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Canada
    Québec, Canada
    Alright, I'll let my console sit for a while longer and see what happens, and I also ordered a second sd card from a different brand to be able to mess around more easily without always deleting what works, thanks!

16. Efraim27

Efraim27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    Spain
    U need assets for savegames works. Search for "libretro ppsspp" ;)

natkoden likes this.
  17. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Wait it's taking some of you 25 minutes to get into Lakka? I'd just give up then it takes me like 2.

18. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    Sometimes it takes me 2 minutes, sometimes a lot more...idk.... Before lakka, Homebrew, games etc everything perfect, and it's only with lakka.
    Anyway my problem is more about the stability once started because I can't play any gc or Wii game. But also I think this is due to some bad installation, because sometimes the volume buttons doesn't work sometimes yes... Maybe is that my sd is stopping working properly, Monday I will see.

Last edited by Csmrcc, May 18, 2019
  19. MusicallyInspired

MusicallyInspired Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2017
    Canada
  20. Deathscreton

Deathscreton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    Has anyone gotten PSO online yet? Dolphin requires TAP or bridging capabilities, and I don't know if that's possible to to on Lakka, at least I haven't figured it out.