RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2019
    United States
    Works on Horizon Retroarch. Just had to turn off memory speedhack.

2. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2015
    Which menu is this located in? I'll give it a try.

3. EmulateLife

May 13, 2019
    United States
    Just quick menu > options. It's actually Fast Memory (Speedhack)

4. StarGazerTom

Feb 2, 2015
    gonna sound stupid here, quick menu? Not seeing that anywhere?

5. EmulateLife

May 13, 2019
    United States
    You have to start the game. Then it depends on what you have set in Retroarch to get to the options, some have it + and -, some have it clicking down both analog sticks.

6. StarGazerTom

Feb 2, 2015
    Ah, found it.

Gave it a try, turned off speedhack, and same thing. Actually, same exact crash with wipeout pure.

7. EmulateLife

May 13, 2019
    United States
    Do you have the PPSSPP core with JIT Vertex Decoding? It needs to be on and CPU Core Jit. You might have to try overclocking Retroarch, and of course you need the extra ram. Those are all my ideas it works for me.

Last edited by EmulateLife, May 16, 2019
  8. StarGazerTom

Feb 2, 2015
    CPU Core: JIT
    Fast Memory(Speed Hack): Off
    Vertex Cache (Speedhack): On

Doesn't seem to save my settings, even after making a configuration file then making changes.

9. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    can lakka run wii wad files?

and will it be possible in future to emulate wii u games?
    im a pokefan, i just want to play pokemon rumble u on the switch, after that im going to sell my wii u...

Last edited by noctis90210, May 16, 2019
  10. 1NOOB

1NOOB GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2006
    Canada
    Inside My Head...
    xD shader on n64 at fullspeed . cant wait to see more core add to it xD freaking mario sunshing is playable without oc xD i dont know what to test next xD

11. DerEineee

DerEineee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 22, 2015
    Germany
    I heard people saying that mario sunshine doesn't run well at all :o

12. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    This needs external USB HDD support.
    Only use USB HDD for my games.

13. EmulateLife

May 13, 2019
    United States
    I wonder if natinusala knows saturn games freeze the switch after a few minutes.

14. designgears

designgears GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    @natinusala ^

15. 1NOOB

1NOOB GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2006
    Canada
    Inside My Head...
    it depend of your expectation about "running well" , without any change in the setting i get some sttuter here and there , but i got passed the first place , the video run well the speach were not out of sync . ofc the more in the screen the worst it can get , but i have seen full release of game running worst than this on their expected hardware .

like i said i havent tweaked anything yet and its "playable" so either their is more factors like the sd card ,the format, how your switch is hacked, etc may affect in way i cant tell cause i have seen some weird variation of various errors happening because of 1 little thing that was not the same as me\other .

DerEineee likes this.
  16. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    Really? Which are your settings for Mario sunstone? Ty
    My game crash after some minute of gameplay idk why :(

17. StarGazerTom

Feb 2, 2015
    Hmm, I'm wondering if changing core settings is broken. I tried turning off speedhack for Wipeout Pulse (PPSSPP) and it still crashes. Then I did the same again, saved the settings, crash.

Then loaded the game, automatically got a message saying core settings loaded, but still crash at the exact same point. Think it's a point when it's accessing the memory card to save game data.

So loaded it once more, same message about core settings overridden, checked the settings, and apeedhack is still enabled? Continued the game, and wham, crash, same spot.

18. EmulateLife

May 13, 2019
    United States
    I assumed you knew but I'm guessing you're new to Retroach on horizon now. When you make any change in the settings you have to close content and restart the game, otherwise it'll crash. But I just looked at my settings for Wipeout Pulse and Fast Memory (speedhack) is actually on. I could have sworn I turned it off but it's working. No other settings are changed.

19. StarGazerTom

Feb 2, 2015
    That's strange. No, I'm using lakka, not horizon, but it's weird.

Can you confirm which region your iso is for me please? I'm running a European iso, so maybe it needs us? You can tell from first words you are after starting the game.

20. EmulateLife

May 13, 2019
    United States
    I told you it worked in horizon not lakka. I said horizon for a reason. I haven't tried it on lakka I have no reason to because it works in horizon.

I honestly don't know the region I just googled it and sometimes I download usa games sometimes pal and the rom itself doesn't specify. Just try both but again I was talking about horizon.