RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. MartianMSK

MartianMSK Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    Italy
    Thank you a lot. So the problem really is that I've probably tried unplayable games:

F-zero (Max perf and Vulkan) doesn't even reach 30 fps;
    Soul Calibur is around 45-50 fps;
    Resident Evil Rebirth is quite playable, I'm enjoying it;
    Super Smash Bros. always stays below 50 fps, a lot of stuttering...

Let me know if some of you all has better performance in one of those particular games.

Last edited by MartianMSK, May 16, 2019 at 12:26 PM
  2. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    hi, how not to relie on dolphin, to run GC games for example, dont we have to choose dolphin core and then vulkan driver? :(
    ty

3. Shaneus

Shaneus Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    For anyone who wants to run Genesis Plus GX under this build of Lakka, here's the core I built for Retroarch for the vanilla L4T image. I don't know much about how Linux works, but somehow this core actually seems to run fine:
    https://www59.zippyshare.com/v/QHvXMOVr/file.html

Extract this to /storage/lakka/cores and you'll be good to go. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but it definitely worked at least the one time I tried it :)

Edit: I know someone much smarter than me posted that there were issues including it so they might still be there, but it's here for those who want to give it a go.

Last edited by Shaneus, May 16, 2019 at 12:36 PM
  4. sirAnger

sirAnger GBAtemp Fan

Dec 4, 2002
    United States
    Michigan
    Shaneus can you send me the compiler options you used to build this? Or a log of the compiler output? (compiler output might be better)

Last edited by sirAnger, May 16, 2019 at 12:41 PM
  5. Shaneus

Shaneus Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    That's so weird, I managed to get Geometry Wars Galaxies running better with OpenGL. No idea why.

Edit:
    Hah, I'd have no idea how to do that! It was basically how it was done in this thread:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/l4t-ubuntu-applcation-install-guides.537579/
    I really do know next to nothing about Linux so I don't know where those files would reside. I just made a backup of the Libretro binary folders before I formatted the SD card with this new Lakka build.

Last edited by Shaneus, May 16, 2019 at 12:43 PM
  6. sirAnger

sirAnger GBAtemp Fan

Dec 4, 2002
    United States
    Michigan
    Ah so you installed retroarch through apt and backed up the .so file.

7. ErnieBall

ErnieBall Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2017
    Germany
    Strange, I can't even get past the time/date screen in PSO. Lakka crashes right after that.
    Got any hints how to fix this?
    I'm using a the us .iso.

8. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    They handle 1785mhz cpu + 921mhz gpu without any issues, afaict Nintendo tests systems at the factory with those speeds (at least they did with older systems), and I’ve played for hours with said speeds with no negative effects (besides the fan being a bit louder)

I’m guessing they don’t run it at those higher speeds either because they don’t want the gap between handheld and docked to be super large, or they wanted to keeps the fan almost silent (or both!)

9. arianadark

arianadark GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2016
    United States
    I used my old save file from my gamecube memory card and brought it over to lakka and it worked.

10. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Read the wording in the game carefully because it is confusing. It will ask if you want to go to the Calendar screen - do not do this, it will black screen.

ErnieBall likes this.
  11. sou

sou Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    Peru
    Does the joycons work on dolphin (wii) ? I cant get pass the screen "press 2 to start" on new SMB wii

12. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    does anyone know the most convenient way to either
    a) switch off the console
    b) switch off the display
    c) get into sleep mode

any of the above will do ;). Is the fast method to do any of the above to just relaunch LAKKA into RCM/horizon, then just either sleep or shutdown from there? Also I remember a while ago screen burning would happen if Lakka was left too long in the menu, is that still a thing? Final question :P, does leaving Lakka overclocked affect anything outside of Lakka? i had heard tell rumours :P.

Woukd also like to give much kudos & appreciation and thanks to all the developers involved, Ive been craving an L4T version of Lakka for a fair while, and this sounds frigging amazing!

Last edited by Jackson98, May 16, 2019 at 2:44 PM
  13. arianadark

arianadark GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2016
    United States
    change the control type to wii remote sideways

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

use reboot to rcm as sleep mode doesn't work atm.

sou likes this.
  14. Nonjas

Nonjas Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    Spain
    Can someboy please tell me how to put the BIOS for dreamcast? Noob level please. I try to create a folder named System, but it seems already exists, but I see it as a file. I tried to use a program that it is supposed to let you access that folders because they seem to be ext4 or something like that, that is linux format. However, I can't. I used ext2explore and a couple more. With them I also see the folder as a file, so I can't do anything.

15. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    use reboot to rcm as sleep mode doesn't work atm.[/QUOTE]

I know about the lack of sleep mode in LAKKA, I've heard tell it might be a long way if it is indeed coming at all :P. Do you perchance know about weather leaving Lakka in the menu for extended periods of time can still leave a screen burn? Also was wondering weather overclocking LAKKA can affect horizon at all, any information would be awesome.

Last edited by Jackson98, May 16, 2019 at 3:33 PM
  16. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    It it goes into sleep mode then what happens ? I haven't installed it yet because I feel that it is incomplete and I will wait for it to increase greatly improvement over times.

17. Deathscreton

Deathscreton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    Run PSO on PC using Dolphin, make sure the save is RAW, then create your character/get in game. Then move that save over to Retroarch on the Switch. You'll be able to get into game that way.

ErnieBall likes this.
  18. ErnieBall

ErnieBall Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2017
    Germany
    Thanks, but like sj32 said, all you have to do is say no at the time/date screen and it will let you go on without problems.

19. Deathscreton

Deathscreton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    Oh, nice. I wish I could even get that far though.

20. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Has anyone got a Saturn game to last more than 5 mins with freezing? I've tried a few games and all freeze after a while making me hard reset the Switch.