L.A. Noire coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and HTC Vive on November 14

L.A. Noire, which first launched for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in 2011, is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and HTC Vive on November 14, publisher Rockstar Games announced.
LA-Noire_2017_09-07-17_001-280x355.jpg

L.A. Noire takes place in the seedy and violent underbelly of 1940’s Los Angeles as decorated veteran and newly minted detective, Cole Phelps investigates an escalating series of cases inspired by real-world crimes. Each successfully solved case brings Phelps greater success, but also brings him closer to the dark criminal heart of post-war L.A. The game was an Official Selection of the Tribeca Film Festival for its cinematic approach to gameplay and narrative. Utilizing a unique type of facial capture technology called Motion-Scan, L.A. Noire breathes unprecedented life into character performances, creating brand new game-play out of the art of interrogation.

The Official Announcement by Rockstar is as follows:

"Today, we're proud to announce new versions of the blockbuster detective thriller L.A. Noire, are scheduled to release on November 14, 2017 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Alongside these three new console versions, we're taking our first steps into virtual reality with L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files, featuring seven select cases from the original game rebuilt specifically for a virtual reality experience on the HTC VIVE.

Set against the seedy and violent underbelly of 1940’s Los Angeles, L.A. Noire is the story of decorated veteran and newly minted detective Cole Phelps as he investigates an escalating series of cases inspired by real-world crimes. Each successfully solved case brings Phelps greater success, but also brings him closer to the dark criminal heart of post-war L.A.

L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files for HTC Vive delivers seven of the original engrossing, self-contained cases from L.A. Noire rebuilt specifically for virtual reality, blending breathtaking action with true detective work to deliver an unprecedented interactive experience.

L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch features the complete original game and all additional downloadable content, with specific enhancements including a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic, gesture-based controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles, plus contextual touch screen controls for portable detective work.

L.A. Noire for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One delivers the complete original game and all additional downloadable content with a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, including enhanced lighting and clouds, new cinematic camera angles, high resolution textures and more. Plays natively in 1080p for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, and stunning 4K for PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X, these versions capture the grit and grime of the City of Angels like never before."

:arrow:Source

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sure. This is why the "good guys", like the Humble Bundle crew, keep spamming my mailbox, urging me to buy things, telling me it's been a while. But they do that, because they care, right? It's not a script designed to target people who haven't purchased anything for months. It's the caring CEOs, going through the accounts, who worry whether or not I have enough games to play. Grow up. It's all about them dollar bills.
This probably isn't the best example, just to say. They used to actually be humble and be about raising awareness about indie games at a smaller cost to the consumer. Now-a-days, that seems like a secondary directive.

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
This probably isn't the best example, just to say. They used to actually be humble and be about raising awareness about indie games at a smaller cost to the consumer. Now-a-days, that seems like a secondary directive.

That is exactly why they are a good example of how money changes everything. At first it was all about helping sick children and struggling developers, but they started raking in millions. Now, they're a regular business looking out for their own interests, thus spamming me to the point I had to unsubscribe. They run a regular storefront, offer monthly bundle sales, so on, so forth. I'm not saying this is "evil". It's a business model. They want to make money, just like EA, which gets labeled as a slave driver of the industry, yet they publish successful games which sell like crazy.

This is wildly off-topic, but I was just trying to make a point. We all love money, and this is especially true for companies selling things. Amen.

Reactions: Jonna

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
That is exactly why they are a good example of how money changes everything. At first it was all about helping sick children and struggling developers, but they started raking in millions. Now, they're a regular business looking out for their own interests, thus spamming me to the point I had to unsubscribe. They run a regular storefront, offer monthly bundle sales, so on, so forth. I'm not saying this is "evil". It's a business model. They want to make money, just like EA, which gets labeled as a slave driver of the industry, yet they publish successful games which sell like crazy.

This is wildly off-topic, but I was just trying to make a point. We all love money, and this is especially true for companies selling things. Amen.
Reflecting on that, this is a good point.

SlCKB0Y

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't care really much for this game since i founded incredibly boring but is a good sign for the Nintendo Switch becouse...if at the time of the Wii you have told me that in the future we are gonna get a Rockstar game on a Nintendo console will probably never belive you.

Around that time the Wii got Bully and the DS got Chinatown Wars.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?