Kyoufu Taikan Ju-On Problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by dsfanatic5, Jul 30, 2009.

Jul 30, 2009

Kyoufu Taikan Ju-On Problems by dsfanatic5 at 5:03 AM (2,777 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. dsfanatic5
    OP

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    What can I say, I love testing out Japanese Wii games. So I couldn't help but give Kyoufu Taikan Ju-On a try, since the videos looked very creepy, and I love survival horror games.

While probably uneccessary, I patch all my NTSC-J ISOs to USA region 1 using RegionFrii. By doing this, I can launch any NTSC-J game in USB Loader GX using the default settings. For the first time ever, Kyoufu Taikan Ju-On went to black screen, and refuses to load. I have combed through the game partion in WiiScrubber (which is very busy compared to other ISOs), but can't find an alt .dol that may be required for loading.

My Wii is 4.1U (waninkoko), cIOS_rev14, and USB Loader GX rev630. If anyone can get this game to launch, any help would be appreciated. I'm not a fan of the Grudge movies, but if you check out the trailer to this game, you'll probably be interested in playing it. If it's like the last Fatal Frame game, it might not make it out of Japan, so it's worth a look.

2. luck_gh0st

Member luck_gh0st GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    set the language to Jap.....

3. dsfanatic5
    OP

United States
    Ok, your advice worked perfectly, and the game loaded fine. The weird thing is that I have over 20 Japanese games on my NTSC Wii, and they all boot fine without changing the language to Jap. I was in the habit of patching my games from when I was using dvd-r backups, and the patching allowed me to use the default settings to play these out of region games. Either way, it worked, so thank you. This topic can be closed.

4. aska929

Newcomer aska929 Newbie

United States
    i got hardmodded wii 4.0, how can i set the language to japanese

5. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    If you are launching it from the disc channel, the only way to set it it jap is to change your wii's language settings. Or use a dvd launcher such as neogamma.

6. aska929

Newcomer aska929 Newbie

United States
    i cannot softmod my wii. i get a lu64 + 4.0u. i regret to update 4.0!!!

7. mahern4

Newcomer mahern4 Member

United States
    This game looks pretty cool. Are you able to understand most of it... despite the Jap text?

8. dsfanatic5
    OP

United States
    I've only played it for about ten minutes so far, but it was easy to navigate the menu and start the game. The game only uses the Wiimote, which is weird, and you move forward by holding B, and back up with Down on the d-pad. The graphics are decent, and the sound is really good, but hopefully there aren't any roadblocks where the language barrier becomes an issue.

9. ryanfok

Newcomer ryanfok Newbie

United States
    I am glad that you posted this because i am having the same problem with the game. I want to change the language on the wii, but i dont have a selection for Japanese language. Please help.

10. dsfanatic5
    OP

United States
    What method are you using to play Ju-On? Dvd-r backup, USB ? If your Wii is softmodded, you can use NeoGamma for dvd-r disc backups, and USB Loader GX if you're loading from USB. Both these loaders should have a language option that you can set to Japanese. If your Wii is mod-chipped with no softmodding, then sorry, I don't know how to help you.