KYG Christmas Special #1 - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YO , Welcome everyone , this is KYG's Christmas special event , first of 3 . i'm starting this a day early and on for questioning today we have @Ricken . he'll be talkin bout Paper Mairo : the thousand year door .
Normal KYG rules still apply .meaning :
The pubic asks , the witness answers .

You may ask questions about the game , the person's experience with the game , and generally topics
No hating , flaming or bashing because someone bought up a game you don't like .
no hentai .
The Christmas Special interviews only last 2 days each .
NO QUICK TEMPLATES.

you can sign up for KYG here :https://gbatemp.net/threads/know-your-game-signups-now-open-for-business.448911/

Ricken

Oh Pretty Angel... Did None Teach You?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay, I didn't miss much
Anyways,
so first off : what is Paper Mario ?
Paper Mario is a role playing game series where you play as Mario, but paperesque. There's a ton of random humor thrown into the series, so it's always a joy to replay them. The original and TTYD had turn based battle systems that are nice and easy to use, Super Paper Mario just made it so jumping on the enemies would make them take damage, and Sticker Star/Color Splash made it so your attacks revolved around Stickers and Cards respectively. Best game I can compare the series to is Earthbound, mare that ending
Oh, not to mention, the stories are great (But Sticker's was meh)
Why did you buy it ?
At the time I bought it, I had already played every other game in the series (Original, Super, and Sticker) and I enjoyed them very much (Sticker was just meh). I figured TTYD would also be amazing, and it was.
how long have you been playing it ?
I've been playing since December 2012. Replay value is still really high to me

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your favorite boss battle?

Is this your favorite Paper Mario game?

What is the lore behind the entire Paper Mario series? Do other games add on to the next game or have some impact?

Also Icie you should put the upcoming sections in the kyg threads themselves so that people can see when it is their turn. :D

Last edited by Zero72463,

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your favorite boss battle?
I'd have to say Doopliss. I got scared sick on my first playthrough since I couldn't get back to Rougeport after Mario's body was stolen, but figuring out Doopliss' name was uberically satisfying. Plus Vivian is my favorite partner in the game, so destroying Doopliss with her was just icing on the cake.
Is this your favorite Paper Mario game?
By far. I utterly love this game. It has a good story along with a good battle system, and loads of glitches within the code. There's always something you can do for amusement in the game. Also, who doesn't like The Adventures of Flavio?
What is the lore behind the entire Paper Mario series? Do other games add on to the next game or have some impact?
Lore? I've never thought about it... that'll be fun to research. Games don't have an impact on eachother, but there's a few easter eggs that reference prequels.. some of my favorites being in the spoiler below
In TTYD using the Email thing (forgot what it's called) If you look at the image in Zip Toad's thank you email, you can see Junior Troopa (original Paper Mario enemy. You battle him throughout the story) flying through the sky
In TTYD, there's a picture in Mario's house that shows Mario and all of his partners from the original framed up on a dresser. In Super, this image is still there, along with a new one to reference TTYD. The images don't continue, sadly
Lastly, in TTYD you can encounter Bow (One of your partners from the original) in Poshley Heights post-game

Last edited by Ricken,
Reactions: Zero72463

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to say Doopliss. I got scared sick on my first playthrough since I couldn't get back to Rougeport after Mario's body was stolen, but figuring out Doopliss' name was uberically satisfying. Plus Vivian is my favorite partner in the game, so destroying Doopliss with her was just icing on the cake.

By far. I utterly love this game. It has a good story along with a good battle system, and loads of glitches within the code. There's always something you can do for amusement in the game. Also, who doesn't like The Adventures of Flavio?

Lore? I've never thought about it... that'll be fun to research. Games don't have an impact on eachother, but there's a few easter eggs that reference prequels.. some of my favorites being in the spoiler below
In TTYD using the Email thing (forgot what it's called) If you look at the image in Zip Toad's thank you email, you can see Junior Troopa (original Paper Mario enemy. You battle him throughout the story) flying through the sky
In TTYD, there's a picture in Mario's house that shows Mario and all of his partners from the original framed up on a dresser. In Super, this image is still there, along with a new one to reference TTYD. The images don't continue, sadly
Lastly, in TTYD you can encounter Bow (One of your partners from the original) in Poshley Heights post-game

Yeah doopliss is actually used as a password in Super Paper Mario right? As a easter egg I think it is.

Last edited by Zero72463,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you ever completed the 100-level dungeon? (I can't remember its actual name.)

If so, how many attempts did it take? If not, how far did you make it?

I completed it as a child... using an Action Replay. I've never actually attempted it legitimately, and haven't played the game since completing it shortly after release, so I don't really know if it was difficult or not. :P

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worst and best gameplay?
Gameplay is really the same all-round (which is pretty smooth) But I'm personally not a fan of Flurrie's action command timings, and a big fan of Vivian's
Is yiff acceptable?
There are no furries in TTYD :P
who was the hardest boss in the game ?
Hm... It's hard picking between Bonetail and Magnus X. They were both fairly annoying to me on my first run
best ost ?

Yeah doopliss is actually used as a password in Super Paper Mario right? As a easter egg I think it is.
I don't recall that anywhere. The only 8-digit password I can name is 2-3's safe, which is 41262816
Have you ever completed the 100-level dungeon? (I can't remember its actual name.)
Pit of 100 trials. I have cleared it. It took me two tries, although I spent a lot of time in Glitzville practicing my superguards. I don't think I could do it in one try though, as I like grabbing the strange sack, bailing, then really going for gold. It's kinda tough, but not too tricky if you can superguard well. Bonetail just does A LOT of damage

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never cleared that damn trial. You know how many times sad little me cried because I got to like room 43 then died. :(
I wanted that special pixel...
It's a pretty useful one. Today I just like playing Super through most of chapter 3, then going through the pit
Or did you mean Badge in TTYD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over