Kuru Kuru Kururin for NDS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ipumuk, Aug 11, 2006.

Aug 11, 2006

Kuru Kuru Kururin for NDS? by ipumuk at 4:18 AM (1,926 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ipumuk
    OP

Member ipumuk GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    hi,
    my favourite game besides advance wars for the gba was Kuru Kuru Kururin. is there anything similar out there for the nds? i loved the gameplay and the game-idea. do you have any suggestions what other games i might like?

or do you remember the game "kwirk" for the gb? is there anything like it for the nds?

i hope you can help me [​IMG]

2. Triforce

Member Triforce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Kuru Kuru Kururin was quite a unique game, unfortunatly i dont think theres anything like that on the ds =(
    It's a shame really as the gba and gamecube versions were awesome, they sold pretty well to.
    So it wouldn't suprise me if Eighting release a new Kururin for ds in the future.... Lets just hope so eh [​IMG]

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Some of the new bit generations games are a bit like kurukurin Kururin but it was a unique game.

As for kwirk, I vaugely recall playing it and there are loads of games like it on the GBA, my favourite being the chips challenge port to the GBA. No idea about the homepage but http://gbax.com/gbax2005/GBAX2005rr.html has it.
    DS wise I was playing the tetris DS puzzles last night but overall the concept is probably too simple for an out and out game of the same ilk and I have not played any.
    Some of the Japanese puzzle games are pretty good though Mawashite Tsunageru and Mawashite Koron for instance (Mawashite Koron is about as close to Kururin as you are going to get as it lies somewhere between marble madness and Kururin).

4. m_babble

Member m_babble The Bad Boy of Good Behavior

United States
    Loved it on GBA.
    Would be really cool to see an updated version for the DS.
    Let's cross our fingers.

5. ipumuk
    OP

Member ipumuk GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    maybe there there is not kururin release for the ds yet because the touchscreen wouldnt make much sense...
    btw. i found out that there is a japanese successor called "kururin paradise" for gba. haven't tested it yet though.

@triforce
    thx for those suggestions. i will try out Mawashite Tsunageru and Mawashite Koron.

6. wabo

Member wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    kururin paradise is even better than the first one, there is some original minigames included that breaks up the action. If you liked the first try paradise for sure.

7. Konamix02

Member Konamix02 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There's something just kinda odd to me about a game whose accronym is KKK...but that's jut me [​IMG]

8. TheVirus

Member TheVirus GBAtemp Fan

Uganda
    You could use the touch screen to move the ship around. I liked the game, gets tough too.