1. GenNaz

GenNaz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Have you tried it with different clock speeds enabled?

2. Tophat_NEO

Tophat_NEO Newbie
    Newcomer

Ukraine
    Yep
    Still the same result

3. Notocu

Notocu Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    @Aegehn

I would PM you but this is a new account.

I know this is a dead project but I was hoping you could help with something. I'm working on a very similar project but have hit a bit of a wall.

I can see all the cutscene subtitles are contained within CSV files within scaleform.cpk and I was able to get them to accept an english font by stealing your font_subtitles.pspf (I hope you don't mind).

Where I hit a roadblock is the ingame text. I suspect the story text is contained within the SEQ_MAIN_**.pack files within but have no idea how to get into them. Could you help me with how to get into the *.pack and ***_TEX files?

RedL likes this.
  4. Notocu

Notocu Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    I thought I had a solution for Ch 7 but apparently not.

Unfortunately the chapter 7 tailing mission requires saving at the phone booth just to the west of the starting point and switching to an unmodified ISO.

Last edited by Notocu, Jan 11, 2021 at 12:30 PM
  5. VanillaSkyCrawler

Newcomer

United States
    First and foremost, thank you so much to everyone who had a hand in working on this translation and release. The state of the translation as-is is more than enough for so many of us, and I know I speak for several of us who have been waiting for years when I say this. We're happy to be able to experience this game and story at all, and you've given us that much.

Second, for people having issues with the tailing mission crashing: I remember people having similar issues on fan translated games in the past like .hack//LINK and Valkyria Chronicles 3. There would just be certain common parts of levels or missions or menus that could crash the game, and some of it was needed for story progression. One way around this can be an unmatched iso, you should be able to load your same save file onto the other iso and play past the part that crashes then save and switch back.

The best most surefire way, in my opinion, is to use a physical UMD should you have the means. I specifically hacked my old PSP for this reason, instead of using an emulator on phone or PC, or even hacking the Vita. I would rather play on the Vita or PSTV, but I play on the PSP just so that if I hit a snag or a crash, I can pop in the original UMD disc and guarantee myself getting by and then switch back to my patched iso. I know this isn't ideal for people without a hacked PSP or people who don't want to import the game, but I thought I'd throw it out there for people like me who will, because it works.

6. Necron00

Necron00 Member
    Newcomer

Bermuda
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Kurohyō, Shinshō