Kotick is at it again and this time it's against EA

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Feels Good Man, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Feels Good Man
    OP

Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 15, 2007
    Canada
    Kotick on EA:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1123641p1.html

This is hilarious. What EA says is all true.

2. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    They should have a highschool course on Kotickology.
    I don't understand the logic in a single thing he says.

3. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Jeff Brown is my new hero. Kotick needs to just shut up before he floods his office with the shit spewing out of his mouth.

4. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    I still love EA for its comments about the Brutal Legend lawsuit. Ea said something like, "Its like you divorced wife and your now suing her for meeting a better man"

5. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Then you just don't think logically. A lot of what he says makes perfect sense, and I'm sure he means a lot of it. On the other hand, I still think he's a douche bag who talks out of both sides of his ass. With that in mind, EA is no better. Consider the developers they've run into the ground within the last five years. Fuck them, and fuck Activision. They're both heartless corporations who make great games.

Here's how this works: I give them my money, they give me a worthwhile product -- end of story. All this PR bullshit is just that -- bullshit.

6. ThatDudeWithTheFood

ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Illuminati
    Is he talking about Mw2 or Guitar Hero in the hubris part?

7. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    Call of Duty

8. Canonbeat234

Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Sep 24, 2008
    Well this is the lowest form of gloating, acting like big shot with no substance to back it up. I mean SEGA gloats also but they at least put out their flaws when they thought their games were going to be big then apologizes for the minor flaws. Activision is only making Guitar Hero which to me Rock Band is better IMO; WoW is created by Blizzard they are just jumping the band wagon; and CoD:MW2 is only good due to previous CoD successes in the past.

Which about other Activision games that Kotick didn't explain like SHOVELWARE trash?

9. 431unknown

431unknown Greatness Awaits

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    This dudes a dick. He needs a good ol'fashion bitch slap. What's he going to say when is company finally takes a down hill slide? It will happen it happens to all of them eventually.

10. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    Can someone please translate this into something i can understand?

11. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    Kotick for dummies it'll be a worldwide hit!

12. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Oct 27, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    49.99 for hardcover. Want a coverpage to explain what the book is about? 5 dollars. Want the book with illustrations? 10 more dollars. Want the charts and graphs as well? 20 more dollars. Standing in line to get a signature inside the book by Bobby Kotick himself? 20 dollars for standing up in the line and 20 dollars for getting the book signed. There's a 30 dollar penalty if you leave the line. Expect to wait 2 years for the paperback edition with even more payments and fees.

The second book will be released episodically. Each will cost 10 dollars and will have "expansions" and "rewrites" to further explain the same shit that's already shoved down your throat.

13. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    He's (Kotick) basically saying that Activision actively maintains a policy in which they allow a developer to remain independent and autonomous; whereas EA assimilates developers and washes away the identity which helped make them great.

14. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    being quiet and concentrated is what has earned respect which i think nintendo does best... the guys from sony even do such things (if i am not mistaken about the promotion of move against the wiimote)