Kotaku denied access to Peace Walker event due to allegations

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Source

It's already rather obvious that Famitsu isn't exactly without its problems in regards to scoring. I never trusted their scores anyway. But denying them to the launch event in Japan is stupid. It's terribly clear that Famitsu just bullshitted that 40/40 score.

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    You never know, it just might be the game of the year for PSP's [​IMG]

ALSO, WHO WOULDN'T GIVE 40/40 TO PAZ?

3. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    It's the only game this year for the PSP. The only one that's actually "big", outside of maybe God Eater and Kingdom Hearts.

4. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

I doubt that score is bullshit this game seems like it's going to be the best psp game of all time

5. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    How the hell do you believe that they bullshitted the 40/40 score? It's possible that it's a good game and therefore it received the score it deserves. There are tons of review sites that are plastering ads for games on them, too. Or even worse review sites that collaborate with the gaming corporate i.e. IGN and MS, etc. Apparently, no conflicts of interest there. Give me a break. Like I stated in the other thread regarding this issue. It's possible that over the course of time and the life cycle of gaming that games have gotten better therefore overall better score. Apparently, the attitude people want to stick to games is that games and game developers can't improve, which is utter bullshit in itself.

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Well Famitsu has been giving a lot of perfect scores lately, so I see no reason to believe this particular case is shady.

7. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    None of these other games have Famitsu magazines plastered in them or Enterbrain presidents throughout their ads.

8. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    40/40 means its as perfect of a PSP game as possible and unless the controls have changed completely from the demo then it is a bullshit score.

9. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    Scores coulded be biased just like gizmodo and there apple fanboys. Keep in mind that do get a clearer picture of how good a game is gonna be, you should be looking at a variety of review sites and not just one.

EDIT: Btw, it's Kotaku, not Kokatu.

10. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Ah hem, Patchwork Heroes disagrees!

11. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I couldn't agree more. I love Metal Gear games, but Portable Ops and the Peace Walker demo simply sucked, purely because of the controls. It's really frustrating; one of the reasons for me to buy a PS3 was Metal Gear games, and they just keep making games for an inferior platform such as the PSP.

I'll just wait for Rising, but I have the feeling that one's not going to be as good as the previous games either.

12. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    of course its not gonna be good

kojima and the mgs team (they were working on this game instead) arnt even working on it so we will probably get some crap beat em up for all we know

13. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    if this is the case, then other 40 scores could possibly imply the same things just that the reasons were not as obvious as this one. 100% is pretty impossible to get actually... unless they are rating it in relation to the other games of its consoles and since PSP does not have good games, this may be very well made