Kosmos 12.0.0 released, adds hid-mitm and hot sysmodule loading/unloading

kosmos-resized.png

Now that April Fools is over, @tomGER and the rest of the AtlasNX team (@WerWolv, @jakibaki , @noahc3 , @StevenMattera and Shchmue) have released the real version 12.0.0 of their Switch all-in-one CFW package!

If you've been keeping yourself up to date with the latest developments then you may already know one of the key additions packed with this release, hid-mitm, however there are also some other features you may find interesting. Starting from the one I've just mentioned, hid-mitm is a newly developed system module which allows you to use third-party controllers (for example DualShock 3/4, XBOX 360, etc) on your console. It works by using a companion Android/iOS/PC (experimental) and redirecting the input to your Switch. The Kosmos Toolbox has been updated to support button remapping aswell. On a last note, while the developer recommends to use hid-mitm via Kosmos, it should also work fine under stock Atmosphère (and there is a chance it'll also run using ReiNX, but there is no official support for it).

The second highlighted feature is hot system module loading and unloading: instead of rebooting the console, you'll be able to use the Toolbox to load or unload any system module found on the microSD card. Speaking about the Toolbox, it also supports rebooting to a specific Hekate payload via a dedicated menu now.

There new version also uses Atmosphère to 0.8.6, updates Goldleaf and sys-ftpd to the latest version, fixes a variety of bugfixes and also adds sys-clk to the list of included homebrew apps.

For the more curious readers, the full changelog is available down below:
General
  • Updated Atmosphere to 0.8.6
    • The default behavior for loader's HBL support was changed.
      • Instead of launching HBL when album is launched without R held, loader now launches HBL when album or any game is launched with R held.
    • Many other critical bugfixes and feature additions
  • Switched to NSP sysmodules instead of the old KIP format
  • Updated sys-ftpd to allow for authenticated connections
  • Added the sys-clk sysmodule for overclocking
  • Updated Goldleaf and the Homebrew Appstore
  • This adds 7.x support to Goldleaf among other things
  • Added fusee-primary payload as a bootable option
  • Updated ES-Patches
But wait. THERE'S MORE!

Update of the Kosmos Toolbox!
After months of teasing and lots of testing the Kosmos-Toolbox is finally ready for you to use. Featuring the worlds first sysmodule hotloading and much much more!

New Features
  • Hot loading and unloading of sysmodules
    • This means no more annoying reboots just to enable overclocking or the FTP server!
    • Fully adaptable for additional sysmodules
  • Reboot2Hekate
    • Ever been annoyed about how long it takes to launch Lakka or to start a NAND backup? We too. Reboot2Hekate allows you to reboot directly into any Hekate profile you have installed on your system or into the Hekate menu itself with the click of a button.
  • HID-mitm input configuration
    • The second really big feature of Kosmos v12 is the release of jakibaki's hid-mitm. For ease of use the latest Toolbox release introduces a new interface to easily rebind any button to another!
  • Bug fixes
    • We heard you and fixed the annoying override-key rebind bug!
    • Fully compatible with the latest Atmosphère 0.8.6 changes!
Release of hid-mitm!
With this latest release we're bringing you a new and awesome custom sysmodule called hid-mitm. Jakibaki has been hard at work to implement this and it's finally ready.

Introducing a way to remap all joycon and controller buttons PLUS using ANY other of your controllers like the XBOX One or Dualshock controller with your Nintendo Switch! To do this we also released a Android and iOS app that connects to your Controller and sends the data over to your Console
You can find more info about this sysmodule at https://github.com/jakibaki/hid-mitm/blob/master/README.md

Please not that this is in beta
That does not mean it hasn't been vetted at all, so give it a shot today!

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GBAtemp Thread (Kosmos)
:arrow: GBAtemp Thread (hid-mitm)

Attachments

• g15048.png
    g15048.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 687
Last edited by RattletraPM,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Later when I get home I might try the controller thing on my pc, would use my iPhone but I think I would have to jailbreak my phone to use that. Maybe someone else will test this before me but I would like to know if one of the controllers supported at the moment is the wiimote, I liked using the wiimote when it came to playing smash on the Wii.

Ryan Warren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you need a pc to run a program to send signals to the switch for 3rd party controller support? What keeps us from directly going to the switch?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Later when I get home I might try the controller thing on my pc, would use my iPhone but I think I would have to jailbreak my phone to use that. Maybe someone else will test this before me but I would like to know if one of the controllers supported at the moment is the wiimote, I liked using the wiimote when it came to playing smash on the Wii.

just read I don’t need to jailbreak.
Just need to set this up now.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hid-mitm sysmodule perfeclty working with a Xbox 360 Wirelles joystick + Atmosphere 0.8.6.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

What it works without using the 360 M$ receiver USB???

If that's right OMFG, does it work with Xone controller non Bluetooth version without the USB dongle too?

I have both 360 and Xone controllers and their USB dongles, but is the 360 controller actually paired to the switch via wi-fi or what??

Edit: mehh forget it android app to pair, no thanks... I wish someone could hack the firmware of the Xone Bluetooth controller to work as a official Nintendo pro controller on the switch, I would buy one right away specially because it's way cheaper and the best in my opinion and my AA cheap turnigy Low Self Discharge batteries last like a week and I sometimes leave them a year with no use and still have a good amount of charge and never need a cable to charge since I have tons of AA batteries and take seconds to change for a charged ones...

Last edited by guily6669,
D

Deleted User

Can't wait to install yet another great update!

But it's just me, or the updates are really fast and just keeps coming?

Anyway great work @tomGER and his great worthy team! :yayswitch::yay::yayswitch:

Reactions: zxr750j and tomGER

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM