KORG MO1D synthesizer coming to 3DS eShop

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 4,385
  • Replies 22
D

Deleted_171835

OP

KORG M01D has been optimized for the 3DS hardware and doubles the amount of voices to 24. You can make tunes with up to 99 scenes using the 8 track / 64 step sequencer and 342 sounds. What’s really useful for 3DS music makers is you can save MIDI song data to an SD card.

KORG M01D will cost 3,000 yen ($30) and is slated for release in Japan this May as an eShop download. An overseas release for the West is scheduled for summer 2013.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/10/make-music-on-your-3ds-with-korg-m01d/

This is an improved version of the KORG M01 synthesizer app that you might remember from the DS.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted_171835

OP
I was with you right up until this part. It's an improved version of the Korg M01 which was only released in Japan. It has nothing to do with the DS-10 monosynth app other than the Korg name.
Yeah, my mistake. Thought it was based off DS-10 instead of M01D (which I haven't heard of).

Reactions: Rydian

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, my mistake. Thought it was based off DS-10 instead of M01D (which I haven't heard of).
It's pretty fun. Although it was only released in Japan, you don't need to know any to enjoy it.

I'll stick to a real microKORG.
Never the less this is pretty sweet!
:blink: A microKorkg is a MIDI controller/standalone polysynthesizer. It is neither a monosynth nor a workstation.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As per article: "What’s really useful for 3DS music makers is you can save MIDI song data to an SD card." This sounds really cool, as long as it's in a useful extension like .mid so the file can be used in other hardware other than a different 3DS. If it can read back into a 3DS from the SD card, it might even be able to take existing .mid files and run them through the app which would be awesome.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
As per article: "What’s really useful for 3DS music makers is you can save MIDI song data to an SD card." This sounds really cool, as long as it's in a useful extension like .mid so the file can be used in other hardware other than a different 3DS. If it can read back into a 3DS from the SD card, it might even be able to take existing .mid files and run them through the app which would be awesome.

If they were for some bizarre reason to go with a file extention other than .mid, it's not really a massive chore to rename a file!

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Unless of course, they use an unuseful file extension like. Mp3 is what I meant.

Ummm if they WERE to save a MIDI file with an MP3 extension, three things would happen:

1. The project leader would be sacked
  2. The file wouldn't be recognised in any MP3 player
  3. Renaming the extension to .mid would allow fix the issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos