korean wii -> american 3.3U , Full bricked ,HELP

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rahulkalra9, Apr 18, 2010.

1. rahulkalra9
    OP

Newcomer rahulkalra9 Member

India
    Hii,

I got a korean to american wii (3.3U) from some1 and I couldnt able to access its menu settings(had 3 black dots on white background) ,it had homebrew channel and i excuted Any region changer and when loaded it gave me an error stating region mismatch so I changed to these two following settings ;

1) Language from EUROPE to USA
    2) Some numeric number from 153 to 49 (49 equaled to USA ) and saved the settings.

When rebooted I got to warning screen after pressing A (freeze and just a black screen).

Then I read a few forums , got a chipped wii drive and managed to execute the official nintendo recover disk ver 1.3 via recovery using savemii , selected the the delete all function and now when I am trying to reboot I am getting (3 black dots on white background) which means a full brick , Luckly I can still boot the nintendo official recovery disk but dont know what to do next.

PS : Tried to execute many disks but none of them are working only official nintendo recovery disk is working , Please help me out.

Thanks
    Rahul

2. rahulkalra9
    OP

India
    I am confused reading your thread , Request you to please help me out , The more I am reading more I am getting confused [​IMG]

Regards
    Rahul

3. rahulkalra9
    OP

India
    Hi,

thanks for the reply , But seriously I couldnt find my problem , Its a region mismatch ,With your experience I can atleast you can give me an hint , I am stuck and I am having a hope that that I can recover since the official nintendo recovery disk is working ,Please help [​IMG]

4. Jemlee

Member Jemlee GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Í feel your pain deadly

5. rahulkalra9
    OP

India
  6. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    You wont properly read his own tutorial (if you had you would know exactly what section relates to your problem) yet you expect him to read through all of another thread you made detailing your problems? Priceless.

7. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    OK... looks like I'll have to help the noob instead...

@rahulkalra9
    The fact that you can boot discs is still a good thing...

but...

I need some more information.
    There may be a way to fix this, given your current setup.

Other than the Official Wii Backup Disc ver 1.31, what region are your games?
    Or... is your chip region free?

Do you have "The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess"?
    or "LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures"?

If so, what region are they?
    If not, get a copy of "LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures", and tell me what region it is?

If you reply to this thread and report to me this information, I can figure out what you would need to do next, depending on the answers to my questions.

EDIT:
    Just saw your thread at wiihacks. SSBB USA version will REFUSE to autoboot...
    Just thought I would tell you.

8. rahulkalra9
    OP

India
    @ damysteryman :

Other than the Official Wii Backup Disc ver 1.31, what region are your games?
    Or... is your chip region free?

ANS : Well I am downloading Indiana jones PAL (getting a horrible speed its gonna take 3 days to download) and I have putten 4 solders to the regioning slot in my modchip so I can change the region of my modchip accordingly currently set up to ntsc-U and I can confirm that it is the right information since when I connect this drive with a working ntsc-U wii and put an ntscU game in it I can see the games banner in the disk channel(the ntsc-U working wii is not softmodded and it is on 3.2U)

Do you have "The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess"?
    or "LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures"?

ANS : downloading ... Indiana jones(PAL) and yes I have zelda twilight princess ntsc-U and have plenty of backups

If so, what region are they?
    If not, get a copy of "LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures", and tell me what region it is?

ANS : Already answered i am downloading a PAL indiana jones and I have asked a shopkeeper here in a local market to get me indiana jones(not sure which region would he give me) , Rest in wiihacks sum1 asked me to put indiana_jones_something.rbk to restore through an SD card , i have managed to restore it.

3 queries I have :

1)Since I can boot to recovery and the moment I put the nintendo official recovery disk in it , It executes ,,, does this mean that my modchip is set to autoboot?

2) I am at a full brick (3.3U, 3 dots on the white back ground when I try to boot normally which I believe is equal to opera screen of death) , Could we boot any game (example Indiana jones) in a full brick situation?

3) All I need to do is to revert back to 2 settings which I have already mentioned in the first post in ANYRegion changer , So the only thing I am looking forward to is to run this application ,, cant i do it someway through nintendo official recovery disk?

Thanks
    Rahul

9. damysteryman

Antarctica

10. rahulkalra9
    OP

India
    Thanks for all the answers , I believe its a show stopper so I am gonna wait for the indiana jones pal game to download and would update this thread accordingly , rest they guy who made me inject indiana jones rbk file gave me the link to the rbs file and asked me to get the pal version of the game so I think its a perfect setup.

Thanks & Regards
    Rahul

11. damysteryman

Antarctica
    OK then.

Set the iso to autoboot with a hex editor (backup your iso beforehand though) and see if the game boots, once you get it that is, and then tell me what happens.

12. gaojiugao

Newcomer gaojiugao Advanced Member

China
    If the previous version is 4.2K, It's up to snuff to get a brick finally. Cause of IOS30 is Stubbed.
    I suggest you try a USA version game which version is higher than 3.3U and use wasabi DX drive to autoboot and update. Then you wii will recovery at once. Good luck!

13. rahulkalra9
    OP

India
    @demosteryman : yeah sure mate , I would update here

@gaojiugao : Welll I am sure that this wii was 3.3K and then updated with 3.2U mario kart wii(some famous guide which does 3.3k->3.2U and the guy who did it messed onto some step that resulted it a semibrick, I hope you got my point) , How it got to 3.3U I just done have any idea (may be some1 attached a wiifit onto it and updated with its dvd)
    This is not my wii , I bought it from sum1 but 1 thing I am absolutely sure is that it must have been on 3.3K and downgraded to 3.2U using american mario kart wii ntsc-U , Now could you help me with this information.

Thanks
    Rahul

14. wes11ph

Member wes11ph GBAtemp Fan

Afghanistan
    ok for your problem you need:

an autobooting modchip

autobooting wadmanager disc

wads like ios254 (bootmii), HBC (wad file)... saved all on wad folder on your sd card
    and bootmii files

autobooting disc patch to IOS254 to boot to bootmii

and applications:

ARC 1.1b with korean language support.

when you have all required files post here again.

15. gaojiugao

Newcomer gaojiugao Advanced Member

China
    Do you make sure the ARC setting is right for USA region which is : English/USA/USA?
    IF so you can use a game disc just like the new game MH3 to update the console to 4.1U.
    Or, if you can launch wad manager, try to install CIOS30 and Systemenu v289 to downgrade to 3.2U.

16. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    I thought you cannot downgrade to 3.2u because it is korean wii which mean you will have to downgrade to 3.2k, no ?

Also, he tried to change korean to usa which cause the full brick.

17. wes11ph

Member wes11ph GBAtemp Fan

Afghanistan
    as of today i revive a wii same problems as the OP,

from what i saw, the problem is the wii setting is not configured right. just use ARC 1.1b with korean language support to configure it correctly and update it to higher version.

this problem is caused by using wii backup disc 1.31(the gay fish) the process goes wrong when you install the system menu v289 first then use the gay fish.... if only the softmodder just used the gay fish first before the sysmenu installation this problem wouldn't came up.

18. rahulkalra9
    OP

India
    Guys Thanks for the helping hand , I am gona start with indiana jones autoboot from recovery and if it doesnt workout for me I would follow the other replies .

thanks once again
    Rahul

19. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    I think rahulkalra9 left out some important info. He believes he was on 3.2u and i sure he updated from disk to 3.3u. So if he is right he will not be booting any fakesigned disks. Also, he installed Indiana PWNS pal version, via the Nintendo Backup disk.

20. rahulkalra9
    OP

India
    Well After a lot of testing I got to know that my modchip doesnt support autobooting ,

I have managed to get the PAL lego indiana jones (set it to autoboot) but this game doesnt work on a working wii(ntsc 3.2U) ,Fortunetely I have managed to get my hands on the same game of region ntscU (set it to autoboot) and in the working wii(ntsc 3.2U) I can play it though its not autobooting. Could ne1 help me with a cheap modchip , Would wiikey be a cheap option as I could get hold of the earliest wii drives example d2A/d2B.

Thanks
    Rahul