Hacking Korean wii 3.2U to 4.1E

beez276

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

Ordered myself a Korean Wii, but came as a suprise to me that it was region changed to 3.2U. The Wii is quite new, so I guess 3.5K or 4.1K must have been on it before region change.

My point is: I want to change the region to PAL and system menu to 4.1E, how should I do it?

I'm thinking of:
Installing bootmii as IOS (as boot2 not possible) -> NAND Backup
Installing Preloader
AnyRegionChanger (Console Region to PAL, System Menu to 3.2E, Game Region to PAL)
Waninkoko's Region Changer (System Menu to E)
Using Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.0
Using Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.1

Or Should I update first and then use AnyRegionChanger, Region Changer. Or is it risky and should treat it as LU64+ Wii - Update to 4.0U then use Firmware Downgrader (Not to downgrade below 3.4. Haven't checked the version of IOS50, yet?), AnyRegionChanger and Region Changer.

ATM installed:
(3.2U)
* The Homebrew Channel
* Some custom channels (SoftChip, Gamma, USB Loader)
* cIOS (rev?)
Dunno about modchip

Screenshots:
Region Settings
Official Channels
Custom Channels
IOS's
IOS's
Hidden Korean EULA?

Please, help me out here
rolleyes.gif

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you don't know much about modding a Wii, yeah you could follow mauifrog's guide. If you know a bit about the wii though I would recommend using Wii Mod. First and foremost install bootmii and back up. After loading Wii Mod, go to the IOS Menu and update your IOSs, if you had to install IOS 58 reload the app from HBC. Then just install the system menu you want and then in the advanced menu change the region to match the system menu you installed. After that all you need to do is install preloader/priiloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D