techboy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to patch Korean IOS4x Wads so they'll work on a U.S. wii? I have IOS41 v2835, IOS43 v2835, IOS45 v2835 and IOS52 v5661 in wad form. (These are all from NUS, *NOT*, the ones that ARC would use, as I don't have a Korean wii to dump)

I read that they need a patch since US Wii lacks the Korean key. ARC mod5 help mentions them needing the Korean Key patch and a hash checking patch, but it doesn't have any info on how to patch them. It just says to put the patched IOS's on the SD card for it to use.

It says I could find hints in the source code, but I don't know C. Only languages i do know are AutoIt3 and DOS batch scripting, if you can even call that a language...

As for instructions, would anyone happen to have a tool that can patch these for me? Or a guide?

I do know how to use a hex editor and such, but I'd need to know (for the IOS versions I listed at the top):

* which files need patching (Do I Unpack the wad and edit certain contents or edit the wad as a whole?)
* the offsets that need the patching
* what to patch in at those offsets

If someone is willing to DL and patch these for me, that'd work too. I could give an email address since we can't link to them here.

Hope someone can help with this. Its been troubling me for some time now as to how I'm supposed to patch these.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)