Konami will be releasing anniversary collections for Castlevania and Contra

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Bernhard

Bernhard Psycho

May 2, 2016
    United States
    dont give up yet;)

fst312 and nWo like this.
  2. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    If they release this as a physical cart id get it. I already own all these games with the exception of the arcade versions, but thats whats mame is for. Im not buying a digital release of stuff i already own....

3. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    I doubt they could add the ds games especially dawn of sorrow unless they rework how you defeat the bosses, the switch still has a touch screen after all, so not having a bottom screen might or might not be a problem.

FateForWindows and nWo like this.
  4. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    But it would be more likely to feature on that collection than the Contra or Castlevania one.
    As there are no mystery games listed, and a full quota of 8 titles already announced for the Arcade collection, I think it's fair to summise that Gradius Rebirth isn't coming so it's highly likely that the Contra and Castlevania Rebirth's are also going to be absent from their respective collections... but I do hope I'm proved wrong.
    I bought all the Rebirth Wiiware titles on Wii, but I'd certainly enjoy playing them on a system with a better control pad and higher resolution.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    All in all not a bad price for 8 games, a few of which were the pinnacle of Konami back in the day. Gradius is great. I wonder what the mystery games are though.
    I kind of agree. Collections like this just remind me of how much Konami has gone downhill since those days. I guess they realize they've gone downhill too, which is why they're trying to sell nostalgia.

6. mario5555

mario5555 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2012
    United States
    Yeah I blame them (Sony) for paying for the development and then doing the development (Sony, again) as well to put it on PS4, they should be ashamed of themselves for doing that and now sharing....oh wait. :P

Both Switch and PS4 have touch screen ability so this shouldn't be an issue if Konami is willing to put SOME effort into it.

Last edited by mario5555, Mar 21, 2019
  7. BiggieCheese

BiggieCheese Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2017
    United States
    What i’m really concerned about is the emulation quality, retro game compilations have had a history of being... very mixed, to say the least - when it comes to emulation accuracy.
    Would be nice if this marks a start to a theoretical redemption arc for Konami like what happened with Capcom, but i’m not holding my breath.

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Capcom hired Digital Eclipse to write their Snes, NES and PSX/PS2 emulators, and they were sure as hell better than anything Nintendo has written. Capcom's emulators aren't that bad.

9. vstar950

vstar950 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2018
    United States
    konami and their worthless e-book. I demand a real paper book with colored ink. Konami wants my money? Then you put out a physical copy. And not some garbage that requires a download like Spyro. Konami is dead to me as is anyone else pulling this junk. If there is no physical version, I DO NOT CARE.

10. VartioArtel

VartioArtel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2012
    United States
    This is clearly only being released on pachinko machine, the 'digital only' is a lie!