Konami thinking of walking Peace Walker to PS3?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by fgghjjkll, May 4, 2010.

1. fgghjjkll
    OP

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    [​IMG]
    A lot of people were baffled when Hideo Kojima decided to bring the Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker to the PSP instead of the PS3. The famed game creator may now be realizing the missed opportunity on the PS3 as word has it that Konami is interested in bringing the game over to the console.

GamePro writes about their Peace Walker Bootcamp experience, in which contributor Ben PerLee revealed some interesting footnotes to the event.

That's a rather pointed question from Konami if you ask me. It looks like they seriously are contemplating bringing the game over to the PS3.

It's just a query at this point though, so we'll have to wait for something more concrete from them still. You're free to keep your fingers crossed, though.

Source

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Maybe they will make it a PSN title rather than a full title so they will only have to do some smaller upgrades to get it out.

3. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    PSP is over. It really was the game gear of its day.

Now, the future is all about Apple and Nintendo.

I'd rather play this on my ps3 anyway.

4. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Full story says the question was about PSN. I wouldn't expect a retail release, they would probably have to remake it from the ground up so it works on the PS3 if that was the case.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    lol apple

anyway another big name title just announced for psp so its not over yet apparently...

6. fgghjjkll
    OP

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    Even if it was "over", It's kinda too late to release a big name title... PSP has had it's day. It's time to look forward to the next PSP and 3DS at the E3.

7. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    I thought it was kind of cool that he was makin' it for PSP.

But that just goes to show you: I'm not cool.

8. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    [​IMG]

lol sony

---

9. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    those numbers shouldnt even count towards handheld gaming market since a large majority of people who own iphones dont play games on them but use them just as a phone where as PSP/DS are made for the purpose of playing games.

10. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    Well, still, the numbers show that developers are taking more interest to Apple's product than Sony's.

11. syko5150

United States
    the numbers don't show that at all it just shows that more iphones were sold then PSP that doesnt say anything about what those iphones are used for. a large majority of DS/PSP owners buy them to play games a small % of people use them for non gaming purposes where as a large majority of iphone owners use it as a phone and not so many people play games on them. If Apple decides to join the handheld gaming scene next gen i don't think they will last against Nintendo.

on topic i hope they do put this on PS3 my PSP is buried in a box somewhere in the basement it hasnt been used in a very long time...

12. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    That's a game software chart, not hardware. That's why it says "Game Software by Revenue"

lol, excuses

13. syko5150

United States
    lol sorry i read that wrong well either way making physical game and just making crappy download games are completely different things entirely.you could probably make 100 iphone games in the time it takes to make 1 PSP game im in no way protecting sony i think they failed miserably in the handheld market but i don't think apple or iphone is that great either.

14. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    This.
    It is easy for devlopers to make hundreds of small games qucikly and sell them for a couple of dollars to make money. The app store is based around impulse pruchasing and by keepingthe prices relatively low, people will buy titles without really thinking about it. DS and PSP games though, the titles take longer to produce, have a level of quality to them that the i-phone doesn't and cost more, which discourages people from buying them on a whim.

15. Jaems

Member Jaems GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    PSP is like the ultimate portable choice for pirates.

GAWWWWWD I remember how much awesome shit I had on my PSP.
    Emulators, PS1 games, and .CSOs.

A tear shed for the PSP.

16. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Stop getting off topic with your little console wars. This is about Peace Walker on the PSP, not Apple vs. Sony. Besides, everyone knows that the PSP has shit software sales.

It wouldn't surprise me if they make Peace Walker a downloadable game. Hell, they could even throw some random content in it, maybe up the graphics a small bit, and call it a full retail game and people will buy it. Maybe not for $60 but for like $40 or something.

17. Jaems

Member Jaems GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I would totally buy it.