Konami Stealthily Brings Contra Rebirth

twisteddeeds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
main.jpg

Following the footsteps of Gradius ReBirth, Konami quietly announced Contra ReBirth on a product page (here). The WiiWare game goes on sale in Japan on May 12 for 1,000 Wii Points and has two player co-op play.

news_contrarebirth.jpg

Konami says the game is a new work, but it isn’t clear if Contra ReBirth is a remix like Gradius ReBirth. Seems like Konami is growing a series of a ReBirth arcade games. I wonder what’s next… Yie Ar Kung-Fu ReBirth? Twinbee ReBirth?

source

"more"

Following Gradius Rebirth, Konami has revealed the next entry in their 'Rebirth' series. Contra Rebirth is essentially a direct follow-up to Contra III: The Alien Wars on the Super Nintendo (or Super Probotector: Alien Rebels as it was known over here).

The title has been developed internally, WayForward (Contra 4) had nothing to do with this one. It's due to hit the Japanese WiiWare service next week for 1000 Nintendo Points. Don't hold your breath for a PAL release, considering Konami still hasn't bothered to release Gradius Rebirth (or Contra 4, for that matter). A trademark for Salamander Rebirth has also been registered.

source

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ooohh i NEED this in PAL!
just hope the other developer is doing a good job bringing back the frantic Contra feel.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who thinks Contra Hard Corps for the Genesis was the best Contra game of all?
I liked the sliding move and the ability to switch from four unique weapons depending on the character.
Not to mention bits of story and multible endings.
Plus tons of insane crazy stuff, but thats normal for contra.

While I like the classic feel of Contra 4 and all, I'd like to see a more hardcore Contra Hard Corps game come back.
Personally I never found the SNES one to be all that good really.

Non the less, this news kicks some major ass.

It's obvious it'll play like Contra 4 for the DS and older games.
So no doubt I'll like it.

I just kinda wanna play as a werewolf toting a gatling gun arm again and some story paths.

The only way I'd truely be disapointed by this game though would be the lack of levels like the Gradius rebirth game had. (wich was fun, but was just two levels shy of what you'd expect)

I'm looking way forward to this.

Now if we could just get online co-op :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/