News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
IMG_1068.JPG

According to a report in the japanese financial newspaper Nikkei, Konami is blacklisting former employees. Their source is a staffing agency employee that claims Konami is threatening game companies if a potential hire is a former Konami employee.

The report cited other incidents regarding former Konami employees, including Konamiallegedly advising a television company to avoid former Konami employees, a former Konami executive purportedly closing his business due to pressure from the company, and supposedly sending notices by lawyer to former employees who are interviewed by media, indicating that the company might file a case against them.

The report also describes an incident regarding Kojima Productions. It states that the newly founded post-Konami Kojima Productions attempted to join ITS Kenoo, a health insurance society for the japanese games industry, but they were rejected because Konami director Kimihiko Higashio screened them before the application was reviewed.

Two years ago a number of employees left Konami, including Kojima Productions.

:arrow: Source

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i mean, it seems to me that konami has more influence than it ought to have even in its best days?

really, this is probably an amazing time to scoop the entire kojima crew from the market. microsoft, sony, nintendo?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The original article was linked on IRC
http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/The-Konami-exodus

Business sure seems fun in Japan. Guess the samurai families that became Japanese businesses play it like the old days.

i mean, its not like this isn't a thing in any industry anywhere.
if you leave your job on bad terms, your boss may or may not paint you in a bad light whenever some HR guy calls your former workplace.

and if you leave a huge influential company in such a way... i mean, there's a reason why that 'you'll never work in hollywood/this town/industry again' is thrown around so much in movies

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK it would probably be illegal to trash a former employee, so much so the system is almost useless these days and most just say "yes they worked here, these dates to these dates, this is their role title" http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5072
Anyway while I am OK with leaving on bad terms potentially haunting you the article made it sound like Konami threw their weight around more than is cool.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Konami has always been involved with the Japanese mafia the Yakuza. Same with many Japanese video game companies like Nintendo, though less so today than in the past. You had people being attacked, board member missing fingers, property being damaged, theft and ransoms. Companies was even kidnappings of other rivals companies family members.

The Super Famicom had to be shipped a night to avoid robbery from the Yakuza.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I guess the Yakuza had a strict 9-5 schedule and were afraid of the Batman.

Im not sure how much of that information is true about the Yakuza, but a google search says that Nintendo shipped at night to avoid robberies.
I know their involvement with Nintendo and the Hanafuda in the past.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess the Yakuza had a strict 9-5 schedule and were afraid of the Batman.

Im not sure how much of that information is true about the Yakuza, but a google search says that Nintendo shipped at night to avoid robberies.
I know their involvement with Nintendo and the Hanafuda in the past.
Well that makes sense. That would mean their factories would be staffed at night by a full workforce and not just a couple bribeable security guards.

Infinity7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And thus, Konami is starting to make their way into downfall, in my case I won't be buying new Konami games unless it's a rerelease of a classic.

Or some old game.

P

pasc

Yugioh competitively and can tell you that the community has good reason not to be a fan of them. They mostly care about making a profit and not much else.[/QUOTE
Yup... If it weren't for good ol KT this game would totally be ruined by them.

It mostly still runs on the nostalgia bandwagon.

If they finished releasing all the 1st gen cards that would turn maaany fans of.

@Konami in general:
Very sad. Not Capcom set (just yet), but still sad...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning