Konami reportedly blacklists former employees, including Kojima Productions

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by WiiUBricker, Jun 16, 2017.

1. WiiUBricker
    OP

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    IMG_1068.JPG

According to a report in the japanese financial newspaper Nikkei, Konami is blacklisting former employees. Their source is a staffing agency employee that claims Konami is threatening game companies if a potential hire is a former Konami employee.

The report also describes an incident regarding Kojima Productions. It states that the newly founded post-Konami Kojima Productions attempted to join ITS Kenoo, a health insurance society for the japanese games industry, but they were rejected because Konami director Kimihiko Higashio screened them before the application was reviewed.

Two years ago a number of employees left Konami, including Kojima Productions.

:arrow: Source

lcie nimbus likes this.
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
  3. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i mean, it seems to me that konami has more influence than it ought to have even in its best days?

really, this is probably an amazing time to scoop the entire kojima crew from the market. microsoft, sony, nintendo?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i mean, its not like this isn't a thing in any industry anywhere.
    if you leave your job on bad terms, your boss may or may not paint you in a bad light whenever some HR guy calls your former workplace.

and if you leave a huge influential company in such a way... i mean, there's a reason why that 'you'll never work in hollywood/this town/industry again' is thrown around so much in movies

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    In the UK it would probably be illegal to trash a former employee, so much so the system is almost useless these days and most just say "yes they worked here, these dates to these dates, this is their role title" http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5072
    Anyway while I am OK with leaving on bad terms potentially haunting you the article made it sound like Konami threw their weight around more than is cool.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Konami can piss in their mouths for all I care.

Bladexdsl and Subtle Demise like this.
  6. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Wow, you're into some kinky shit.

proflayton123 likes this.
  7. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Not really, I just like calling out when companies pull a douche move like that.

Pandaxclone2 and Subtle Demise like this.
  8. SG854

SG854 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2017
    United States
    Konami has always been involved with the Japanese mafia the Yakuza. Same with many Japanese video game companies like Nintendo, though less so today than in the past. You had people being attacked, board member missing fingers, property being damaged, theft and ransoms. Companies was even kidnappings of other rivals companies family members.

The Super Famicom had to be shipped a night to avoid robbery from the Yakuza.

Last edited by SG854, Jun 17, 2017
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  9. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I want this to be made into a movie, sounds like some interesting Japanese mob film fodder.

Subtle Demise and evo25.1 like this.
  10. SG854

SG854 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2017
    United States
    I guess the Yakuza had a strict 9-5 schedule and were afraid of the Batman.

Im not sure how much of that information is true about the Yakuza, but a google search says that Nintendo shipped at night to avoid robberies.
    I know their involvement with Nintendo and the Hanafuda in the past.

11. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Takeshi Kitano or Takashi Miike to direct?

RustInPeace likes this.
  12. SG854

SG854 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2017
    United States
    We already had Wolverine in Japan. Now I want to see Batman in Japan. Batman and Asians is the perfect Yin Yang.

13. ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    I can't say much more than the above about their gaming division, but I did use to play Yugioh competitively and can tell you that the community has good reason not to be a fan of them. They mostly care about making a profit and not much else.

lcie nimbus and Ryccardo like this.
  14. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    i see they're not content with trying to ruin the Metal Gear series with their new movie, now they have to go after the creator of it too ? screw them.

15. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Well that makes sense. That would mean their factories would be staffed at night by a full workforce and not just a couple bribeable security guards.