Konami delists itself from New York stock exchange

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Jayro, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Jayro
    OP

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
  2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    And? All they did was find a way to save money, cutting out stock trading in a major market that didn't move more than 0.3% of their company stocks. This literally says nothing about their choices in game development, nor will this have any direct impact on game localization choices or otherwise.

Joe88 likes this.
  3. Jayro
    OP

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I just found it interesting.

4. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    What hasnt been said is everything else going on with Konami. Erasing themselves from NYC stock exchange is probably the most mundane. Konami is restructuring (if you can call it that) by trying to erase Kojima's name forever. After MGS5, we probably wont see another one. While 5 should tie up the current storyline, we probably wont see another Revengance. That series was young and had a bit of promise. Castlevania is most likely dead for good, along with Gradius, which hasnt been seen since what 2002?

Kinda interesting to watch a company burn itself from the inside out, in a sad way.

5. Hungry Friend

Hungry Friend It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Apr 16, 2015
    United States
    As someone who grew up playing the TMNT, Xmen and Simpsons arcade games as well as playing Contra, Goemon(Mystical Ninja) Gradius, Suikoden, MGS and tons of other games on consoles, it makes me sad to see Konami imploding like this. Fuck their gambling bullshit; I just want good games! I wish Kojima the best and hope he creates his own company/takes his team with him if he can't patch things up with Konami. I'd love to see another 2d Castlevania as well, whether it be Metroidvania style or old-school. Goemon hasn't gotten any love lately either.

edit: I have a Suikoden avatar and I forgot to mention that amazing series.(edited it in to the 1st paragraph) It's a very very niche series but I'd love to see another Suikoden, and it's not like they'd have to go big with it. Make it 2d like Suikoden 1-2; they've aged better than the polygonal PS2 games anyway with Suikoden 2 still looking really damn good.