Konami charges $10 for Metal Gear Survive save slot

mgss.png

Metal Gear Survive is the first Metal Gear game since the series creator's exit from the company. Of course, it was target of criticism from fans ever since it was announced, having basically only the FOX Engine in common with Metal Gear and slandered for misuse of the Metal Gear name as a quick cash grab. But is the game really that bad? Apparently, in its core, it's not that bad of a game.

One would imagine that Konami wants to garner goodwill for the game, but in actuality, Konami arguably threw even more fuel to the fire, as early players have found out. The vanilla game supports only one character save slot. For any additional save slot, you would have to fork over 1000 SV coins, which translate to roughly $10 in real world money. What this basically means is that you have to delete your whole progress to start a new game if you don't pay up.

For a number of players this may not be much of an issue as one character may be enough for them, but you could argue that this has the potential to set a dangerous precedent for future games.

What do you think of this? Happy with Metal Gear Survive?

:arrow: Source

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it sucks i think they are ruining the metal gear game doing that but on another unrelated note it make you wonder if Microsoft and sony will make you pay just to have the ability to buy the games and then pay an extra $10 to $20 on top of that to play your games online.

Last edited by leerpsp,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Paying to play online isn't even an issue. It's the other nickel and diming schemes that grind my gears.

Speak for yourself. Paying for online for basic play is an issue for me, mainly as it is not necessary from a technical standpoint and I don't reckon paid offerings offer anywhere near enough to justify it.

There are certainly other money grabbing schemes I dislike within games but we might have to have a further conversation on what goes there (I am happy for most cosmetic stuff, paid character/loadout choices in the cases of random limited selections by default, weapons that either offer an alternative means of playing or a similarly powerful weapon and a few others).

Reactions: Ryccardo

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do they even plan to do after this? They know they can't support the series with just games like this and I doubt they are capable of making the next big Metal Gear game.

OMG this game is such a dumpster fire. :rofl:
"Worse than Mass Effect: Andromeda" - Dunkey
I thought he was overreaching and maybe he is a bit, but after looking at some videos, it really doesn't look fun.

Kind of reminds me of Lost Reavers.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do they even plan to do after this? They know they can't support the series with just games like this and I doubt they are capable of making the next big Metal Gear game.

I thought he was overreaching and maybe he is a bit, but after looking at some videos, it really doesn't look fun.

Kind of reminds me of Lost Reavers.

It looks like, Metal Gear meets Assassin's Creed :unsure: Ouch.

Capitan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I want to say that it feels like punishment. Taking away a convenient functionality that has been included with games, and then charging customers for them to have it back.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The high cost of development pushed companies to do this kind of stuff.

No one's making them going to ridiculous levels either.

Sounds a lot like complacency and/or blind sycophancy, i.e. people sounding comfortable no matter how FUBAR companies are.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
boo hoo if they can't handle it than sell the fucking franchise to someone who can
You mean, turn it into a pachinko machine.

No one's making them going to ridiculous levels either.

Sounds a lot like complacency and/or blind sycophancy, i.e. people sounding comfortable no matter how FUBAR companies are.

Expectations do. Imagine releasing a Wii level graphics metal gear after V.

Anyway the point is, AAA game development has been too costly that companies often finds way to extract more money from you just to cover development cost.

The race to better graphical fidelity has been ruining the gaming industry.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean, turn it into a pachinko machine.

Expectations do. Imagine releasing a Wii level graphics metal gear after V.

Anyway the point is, AAA game development has been too costly that companies often finds way to extract more money from you just to cover development cost.

The race to better graphical fidelity has been ruining the gaming industry.

It has, but companies shouldn't act like the victim to get sob stories, I just want to see Konami crash and burn.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not only is the game trash, but microtransactions and save slots buy make it even more trash. It's a Konami game! (now days)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte