Konami brings Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 back to PC through GOG

BAEA754C-2F2A-429D-9968-06C79747EB0F.jpeg

Classic Metal Gear games are hitting the PC platform once more, as Konami has confirmed today. The original Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid, and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance are now available on modern computers through GOG. Not only that, but a handful of retro Konami games such as Castlevania 1, 2, and 3, along with the original Contra and Super C have also launched on GOG for PC. The classic Castlevania & Contra collection will cost $5.99, and so will Metal Gear, while both Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 are priced at $9.99 each. According to Konami, these games offer better graphics, new options, quick saves, and even new gameplay modes.

You are Snake, a government agent on a mission to regain control of a secret nuclear weapons base from terrorist hands.

Now the international best-selling PlayStation game comes to the PC with better graphics, added features, and new gameplay modes! Unlike anything you've played before, Metal Gear Solid introduces a new genre of gaming where ninja-like stealth and cool head are your best weapons for survival

• VR Missions Game included!
  • Optional 1st person play mode thrusts you into the action from the moment you suit up.
  • Multiple game controller support and improved quick-save function for ease of play

:arrow: Source

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is awesome to see Konami utilizing the MGS IP for something. I’m so happy it’s GOG too. The more DRM-free shit the better.

Shame we probably won’t see 3 since it didn’t already have a PC port. Would like to see Revengeance and 5, too. And 4 so it’s not trapped on the PS3 but that’s never happening.

D

Deleted User

Best series of all time IMO. I have even beaten Metal Gear 1 and 2 (not even talking about Solids which of course I also beat) So sad we will never get another Kojima MGS.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is awesome to see Konami utilizing the MGS IP for something. I’m so happy it’s GOG too. The more DRM-free shit the better.

Shame we probably won’t see 3 since it didn’t already have a PC port. Would like to see Revengeance and 5, too. And 4 so it’s not trapped on the PS3 but that’s never happening.
what are you talking about? All MGS main series has PC port, expect 4, which is ps3 exclusive, FUCK $ony!

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Classic Metal Gear games are hitting the PC platform once more, as Konami has confirmed today. The original Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid, and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance are now available on modern computers through GOG. Not only that, but a handful of retro Konami games such as Castlevania 1, 2, and 3, along with the original Contra and Super C have also launched on GOG for PC. The classic Castlevania & Contra collection will cost $5.99, and so will Metal Gear, while both Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 are priced at $9.99 each. According to Konami, these games offer better graphics, new options, quick saves, and even new gameplay modes.

:arrow: Source
Wow, an actual good use of the Metal Gear IP, this is pretty nice to see! Especially as a Metal Gear fan, just seeing these games come to more platforms is great.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: GABO1423

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat