GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
3ds-ledeimg-tgs-slide-handson-nogame23430663.jpg
Courtesy of Engadget

Kokatu had their hands-on experience with the 3DS Slidepad Expansion, which looks ugly and hideous. This is what they have to say:

QUOTE said:
The "3DS Kakuchou Slide Pad" or "3DS Expansion Slide Pad" is powered by a AAA battery. It is surprisingly light in the hand. I thought it would be heavier, but it's not.

The add-on does feel reasonably solid. It's not a drag to hold. The backside, with numerous exposed holes for screws looks cheap.

From Engadget:

QUOTEThe new right-hand circle pad feels just as solid as the handheld's dedicated pad, and didn't significantly obstruct our access to the 3DS' face buttons. All in all, the cradle is a comfortable, if awkwardly large extension to the 3DS that doesn't seem to compromise the handheld's existing input.

The full article can be read here.

For Engadget's hands-on experience, it's here

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Engadget had a similar, but less in depth review:

"The control-extending cradle is every bit as bulky as it looks, killing any hope we had of cramming the rig into our pocket. The trade-off? It's much more comfortable to hold than the naked 3DS, giving our meaty hands a smooth, contoured surface to grip. The new right-hand circle pad feels just as solid as the handheld's dedicated pad, and didn't significantly obstruct our access to the 3DS' face buttons. All in all, the cradle is a comfortable, if awkwardly large extension to the 3DS that doesn't seem to compromise the handheld's existing input. "

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/14/nintend...first-hands-on/

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
mysticwaterfall said:
Engadget had a similar, but less in depth review:

"The control-extending cradle is every bit as bulky as it looks, killing any hope we had of cramming the rig into our pocket. The trade-off? It's much more comfortable to hold than the naked 3DS, giving our meaty hands a smooth, contoured surface to grip. The new right-hand circle pad feels just as solid as the handheld's dedicated pad, and didn't significantly obstruct our access to the 3DS' face buttons. All in all, the cradle is a comfortable, if awkwardly large extension to the 3DS that doesn't seem to compromise the handheld's existing input. "

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/14/nintend...first-hands-on/
Added the hands-on in the OP.
happy.gif

SaddQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It doesn't exactly entice me to get a 3DS. I'd rather wait until the release of the 3DS Lite, which has the 2nd analog pad integrated no doubt, with a more potent battery to boot.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cant think of any game i would rather use this for instead of the built in motion controls as right analog....... but ill probably still get it even though i have a sweet ass xbox like cradle grip with extendable stand for extensive netflix sessions!!!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Demonstryde said:
cant think of any game i would rather use this for instead of the built in motion controls as right analog....... but ill probably still get it even though i have a sweet ass xbox like cradle grip with extendable stand for extensive netflix sessions!!!

Or how about the third party versions, which will fill up all that that empty space with a huge ass rechargeable battery so you can get 20 hours of play time on your 3ds before recharging?

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
a AAA battery
it's like i'm really playing a gameboy pocket.
nah it looks nice but i'd rather it have a way to plug into the 3D's charging port for either power or as a way of charging a internal rechargeable battery, it wouldn't be that hard to do.
my guess is that they'll be charging $20 to $30 USD for the thing anyway with the exception of it possibly being bundled with certain games.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
wolffangalchemist said:
QUOTE said:
a AAA battery
it's like i'm really playing a gameboy pocket.
nah it looks nice but i'd rather it have a way to plug into the 3D's charging port for either power or as a way of charging a internal rechargeable battery, it wouldn't be that hard to do.
my guess is that they'll be charging $20 to $30 USD for the thing anyway with the exception of it possibly being bundled with certain games.
In Japan they are charging ¥1,500 (USD 19.50), it can't be higher than that right?

I'm going to get this because I'm not going to buy a redesign and not certain that a redesign will even come that soon. I already have a 3DS and don't wish to spend another $300++ on a 'lite' (and no, shops here do not offer trade in/prices are atrociously low)

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or do all of your eyes go right to the capcom girl in the 4th and 8th pix?

But back to the slidepad. I dont like how it is offset, thats just me it bugs the crap out of me.
Also reminds me of a gamegear and the wii classic controller add on.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Better gameplay>pocket size
YASRLY! I dont usual play those handhelds unless i myself am stationary. And my handhelds is used 95% of the time inside a house.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
DarkStriker said:
Better gameplay>pocket size
YASRLY! I dont usual play those handhelds unless i myself am stationary. And my handhelds is used 95% of the time inside a house.
Or either in my bag. I carry my 3DS out for StreetPass tags (me lucky, now I get about 3 each time I'm out which is a LOT more compared to before the price drop). Never play it.
tongue.gif

I am dark link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest i dont mind the addon aslong as it feels good and works well with games like the new residant evil revelations and other games its just another thing to buy
yaynds.gif
i think everyone needs to calm down about it
hate2.gif

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xile6 said:
Is it me or do all of your eyes go right to the capcom girl in the 4th and 8th pix?

But back to the slidepad. I dont like how it is offset, thats just me it bugs the crap out of me.
Also reminds me of a gamegear and the wii classic controller add on.
Mmmmmm, she does look quite yummy.
But back on topic: it looks much smaller than i had anticipated.

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do people really keep game systems in their pockets anymore these days? who doesnt want to look sexy with a big rectangle bulge in their pants XD. I never felt comfortable with my DS in my pocket...and it was worse with the PSP. I either put in in my car or in my laptop bag when i use it somewhere, but i never play it outside at random ( i dont think many people do, you tend to know when you have time to play it)

but either way i use it at my house on the couch or w/e most of the time anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi