Kojima Productions launches new film and television department in Los Angeles

maxresdefault.jpg

Hideo Kojima's production studio announced today it will be opening up a new division in Los Angeles focused on film, television, and "other forms of entertainment." The new division will be headed by Riley Russell, former Chief Legal Officer at Sony Interactive Entertainment. "The new division will be tasked with working with creative and talented professionals in television, music and film, as well as the more familiar games industry," said Russell in a press release sent to GBAtemp. "The team has as its charter, the goal of expanding the reach and awareness of the properties now under development at Kojima Productions, and to make them even more a part of our popular culture."

The move should not be surprising to fans of Kojima's work, who has long shown a clear passion for American film and television in his work, and is renowned for helping to revolutionize cinematics in games with his Metal Gear Solid series. His latest project, Death Stranding, also brought in a number of high-profile Hollywood talent, including Norman Reedus, Guillermo del Toro, Mads Mikkelsen, and Lindsay Wagner.

As of now, this new division has no announced projects, and it is unclear what role Kojima himself will be taking.

Source: GBAtemp inbox

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exciting news. :) I just hope they don't require yet another streaming service (kinda lost track how many there are now, tbh).

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Who TF is kojima anyway? I always see people calling him like that when the dude in the photos is called la creatividad

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who call themselves fans of mgs and kojima, then moan about cut scenes..

You ask, whats the story behind mgs.......

They answer, i dunno, just some dude that sneeks about shooting shit up after watching 50 cutscenes, then blows up this big ass robot thingy....

Hmmmm, ok shut up and sit the fuck down.

Go play your COD you all seem to be mind blown and class each one the best COD ever.....

Here we have a guy who has spent decades to tell a story, he doesn't just crap out a title because its popular, with the same recycled gameplay and story.

But lets see if the MGS movie and be loyal to kojimas storyline, though they're already making a bad choice with their casted role for snake.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to the surprise of nobody. how it took him this long to get this point shocks me
not trying to say cutscene heavy games are bad but there's no denying it's a thing

Reactions: DoctorDizzyspin

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Kojima kill his new company?

He's clearly more side tracked with wanting to get into movies, than he's ever been.

I wonder who's ideas he'll be stealing now?

He was very, very fortunate a certain well known director vouched for him, we likely wouldn't have the MGS series as they are now without it.

He has an exceptional talent for ensuring an enjoyable, high quality gaming experience, it's such a shame his heart and desire lies in movies. (I'm aware this is likely what spurs him on, regarding the cinematic side of his games, which are a little marmite).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if i recall in a interview kojima said he always wanted to be a movie director be he never got a chance, so now he is actually doing what he wanted all that time ago.

Lets see what kinda of crazy movies he does lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, explain the process