Kojima Productions is allegedly in talks with Microsoft to publish their next game

kojima prod.PNG

Hideo Kojima is no stranger to pulling stunts to announce his games. He had an elaborate plan to create a fictional Swedish company, Moby Dick Studio, and used a bandaged actor to pose as the game director for an interview; all to tease a new game which turned out to be Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Similarly, he hid the real protagonist of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty from game trailers only for players to discover that they will be playing as Raiden for the majority of the game.

So when Abandoned was announced as a PS5-exclusive game from an unheard Dutch company with a fittingly dead (or shall we say, abandoned?) website, it wouldn't be surprising for fans to think that the game is actually being developed by Kojima Productions. However, since this theory erupted, Blue Box Studios' website rose from the ashes, writing that 'We will be right back!' and shared a post addressing the Kojima rumors:

rumors.PNG

This was corroborated by Jeff Grubb on Venture Beat who wrote that "the biggest piece of evidence I have that Abandoned is not a Kojima joint is that Kojima is in talks with Microsoft about publishing his next game, according to a source familiar with the matter". He also writes that Xbox's Phil Spencer hinted at this potential deal during a recent stream where he had a statue of Kojima Production's mascot, Ludens, next to the Xbox Logo.

While it's not confirmed whether Xbox closed the deal yet, Jeff Grubb writes that "Kojima is the focus of a Microsoft plan to leverage Japanese talent". Of course, these news should be taken with more than a grain of salt but if it turns out to be true, it would be an interesting development since Hideo Kojima has favored PlayStation platforms for his games in the past. Maybe this potentially Xbox-exclusive game could be a timed exclusive like Death Stranding was which released on PCs less than a year after being available on PS4. Would you like to see an Xbox-first game from Kojima Productions?

:arrow: SOURCE

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If true, it's because Death Stranding sold better on PC than expected. I could definitely see Microsoft locking Sony out of Kojima's next release for a year or even more, but I don't think they're suddenly gonna go back to doing Xbox-only exclusives. It'd be a simultaneous launch for Xbox and PC.

Last edited by Xzi,

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I don't have enough money to go and buy EVERY gaming console.

I mean you dont, if microsofts vow to release all titles on Xbox Series on PC is a thing, unless you don't have a PC, then that'd be 100% on you given that a majority of titles will end up, or eventually end up on PC to cover the majority of titles between platforms

Reactions: rad140
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean you dont, if microsofts vow to release all titles on Xbox Series on PC is a thing, unless you don't have a PC, then that'd be 100% on you given that a majority of titles will end up, or eventually end up on PC to cover the majority of titles between platforms
Blame the country that I live in, then. It sucks that I have to wait a few years before buying a new game let alone a new console. And as for PCs, I do have one, but I don't think it's able to run any decent games. It's either that, or I just suck at knowing how good my specs are...

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Exclusivity is stupid no matter how you look at it.

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Of course its stupid, but if one doesn't support the one device that's the most open of them all (PC) then you're funding into the behavior of exclusivity.

If a game will have cross platform, if it runs into any problem, its is likely not on the PC side. Outside of PC mainstays (many rts, strategy, MMOs and such), PC's are the most likely platform to receive something that used to be exclusive, be it Sony Titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn, Control, Persona 4 or Death Stranding, Microsoft titles which is basically all of them at this point (for the most part) or even titles on Nintendo Consoles such as what will be Monster Hunter Rise, Daemon X Machina, and to a lesser extent, games like Octopath Traveller.

Companies are more willingly nowadays willing to port what would have been console exclusives to PC. Im not saying that PC exclusives are good(they aren't) but its clear that PC is and will always be, the most open platform if you want one device that does it all.

Last edited by GBADWB,

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Blame the country that I live in, then. It sucks that I have to wait a few years before buying a new game let alone a new console. And as for PCs, I do have one, but I don't think it's able to run any decent games. It's either that, or I just suck at knowing how good my specs are...
You're not alone my friend! PS5 official price in Egypt is 1000$
https://gamerant.com/ps5-egypt-pre-orders-price-high/
"The PlayStation 5 will cost 15,999 Egyptian Pounds, which equals approximately $1,000 US dollars."

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

Depends, if say Fallout 5 sells a **** ton of consoles/subscriptions and that was their main goal, I don't think MS will think it's stupid to make it Xbox/PC/Xcloud exclusive.

Now from a consumer perspective......

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Of course its stupid, but if one doesn't support the one device that's the most open of them all (PC) then you're funding into the behavior of exclusivity.

If a game will have cross platform, if it runs into any problem, its is likely not on the PC side. Outside of PC mainstays (many rts, strategy, MMOs and such), PC's are the most likely platform to receive something that used to be exclusive, be it Sony Titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn, Control, Persona 4 or Death Stranding, Microsoft titles which is basically all of them at this point (for the most part) or even titles on Nintendo Consoles such as what will be Monster Hunter Rise, Daemon X Machina, and to a lesser extent, games like Octopath Traveller.

Companies are more willingly nowadays willing to port what would have been console exclusives to PC. Im not saying that PC exclusives are good(they aren't) but its clear that PC is and will always be, the most open platform if you want one device that does it all.
And that's a good thing that many games get PC releases also!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Depends, if say Fallout 5 sells a **** ton of consoles/subscriptions and that was their main goal, I don't think MS will think it's stupid to make it Xbox/PC/Xcloud exclusive.

Now from a consumer perspective......
i AM a consumer..........

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Dubbicakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Jeff Grubb reliable? I didn't pay much attention to the rumor mill last year, but I remember a lot of people being mad his August predictions being wrong. Or maybe it was his Nintendo predictions..? I don't know, I just remember people angry in August about him.

Last edited by Dubbicakes,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether true or not, I'd like to see Kojima's next game regardless (also obligatory fuck Konami post lol).

You're not alone my friend! PS5 official price in Egypt is 1000$
https://gamerant.com/ps5-egypt-pre-orders-price-high/
"The PlayStation 5 will cost 15,999 Egyptian Pounds, which equals approximately $1,000 US dollars."

Hot damn, how do you pay for that in Egypt? With actual Pharoh's gold?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate...