OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
kojima.png
Any fan of the Metal Gear Solid series knows Hideo Kojima. He's the brains behind the whole series, and has been consistently making excellent MGS games since their inception. And now, it appears, Kojima will be leaving Konami once MGS5 is released. An "inside source" claims that these are due to a power struggle between the MGS team and Konami.
This source appears to be legitimate, as the Kojima Productions logos are slowly being removed from any MGS art.

"After we finish MGSV, Mr. Kojima and upper management will leave Konami. They said their contract ends in December," the source claimed.
The person added: "At a team meeting, Mr Kojima explained that team have to be one and make a good game for fans."
Kojima, now 51, joined Konami in 1986. His departure from the company will bring an end to nearly three decades of service.
:arrow:Source

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
welp, Del Toro isn't going to work with anyone else so considered Silent Hills cancelled. Daryl Dixon lives another day

and yes, I do notice a trend. The great minds that founded these companies and made them who they are today are being underappreciated and will be the result of their demise. Capcom is feeling the heat as we speak

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Great Ones are abandoning the big companies because they feel they over-push them with bullshit instead of what they have in mind.
They seek their own vision, which is what made their games so great in the first place.

I say Mikami, Inafune and Kojima all seek a better place in which they are not being overwhelmed nor nagged because the company only wants a quick buck.
They want quality and innovative titles, not your everyday cliche bullshit.

Godspeed, Kojima, and same for you Mikami and Inafune.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't believe that the next MGS game after TPP will be shit.
Kojima directed games have an average of 92 on metacritic and those that are not (MGS:PO, MGS:TS & MGR) an average of 80.
80 is still good enough. I would be bothered more if these games were sub 50 but they aren't.
But the next Metal Gear will be most likely a reboot anyway so it would be a great opportunity to let go of some of the BS that is bothering the franchise.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There has been something brewing on the internet about this (it all started with Kojima's name being removed from each game pic and any mention of him from the website). I think Konami officialy debunked it and passed it off as a rumor.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well that sucks. Really like Kojima personally. He's an awesome character, and would love to see him continue working on different projects if that is possible.Wonder if this is why, despite Hideo wanting snake to participate, he didn't make it to SSB4.

Gonna miss the Hideo touch on the MGS series, and I will obv be more cautions going into newer titles in the series.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe it. I'm calling his bluff right now.

There's been articles proving he's been saying the same thing since MGS2... but because everyone still hates Raiden, his ego can't tolerate it. So he's been making game after game hoping people would like his little pretty boy over Snake. Not even changing VA's has helped.

Kojima's ego will have him front and center with the next Metal Gear project. I guarantee it.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I don't believe it. I'm calling his bluff right now.

There's been articles proving he's been saying the same thing since MGS2... but because everyone still hates Raiden, his ego can't tolerate it. So he's been making game after game hoping people would like his little pretty boy over Snake. Not even changing VA's has helped.

Kojima's ego will have him front and center with the next Metal Gear project. I guarantee it.
I like raiden :3

Reactions: CathyRina

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
welp, Del Toro isn't going to work with anyone else so considered Silent Hills cancelled. Daryl Dixon lives another day

and yes, I do notice a trend. The great minds that founded these companies and made them who they are today are being underappreciated and will be the result of their demise. Capcom is feeling the heat as we speak
The 'big guns' of yesterday are being replaced because game studios can't afford AAA unlimited budget development like they used to -- cause those games aren't selling like they used to (on average though, GTA is always money). Thank your new mobile gods for that.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Was reading about it at GAF sometime ago...

A fallout between Kojima Productions and its owning publisher, Konami, has led to senior staff at the studio being restricted access to corporate internet, emails, and phone, GameSpot understands.

Along with the restricted communications, key developers at the studio, such as Hideo Kojima, will now have limited opportunities to lend their appearance to promotions of the studio’s upcoming game, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. Power struggles between Kojima Productions and Konami have led the publisher to make drastic changes, including the employee status of its Metal Gear team. Some senior staff at the studio, including Kojima, now essentially work as contractors, not permanent employees.

The branding changes appear to relate to a restructure at Konami, announced earlier this month, to what the company calls "a headquarters-controlled system".

The idea seems to be that Konami should be front and centre of all branding and production efforts, not individual studios such as Kojima's Kojima Productions. This, in part, would explain the removal of "A Hideo Kojima game" tagline, used in all Metal Gear Solid games up to this point.

And it looks like the Kojima Productions LA studio, set up in September 2013 assist Kojima Productions with Metal Gear development, has been renamed Konami Los Angeles Studio.

The Kojima Productions LA studio appears to have been renamed to Konami Los Angeles Studio.
Konami issued Eurogamer a follow-up statement on the changes:
"As we have already announced, we are shifting our production structure to a headquarters-controlled system, in order to establish a steadfast operating base capable of responding to the rapid market changes that surround our digital entertainment business."

I've no idea why Konami decided that it should fuck things up that bad for themselves :s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun