Koch Media acquires Timesplitters IP

It is with great pleasure that Koch Media today announces the acquisition of the cherished video games series Timesplitters. The agreement sees Koch Media become the owners of the intellectual property and the rights to create videogames based on the brand which will be produced by the Koch Media’s publishing label Deep Silver.

a0838859050_10.jpg

Largely considered as one of the most influential console games of the early 2000s, Timesplitters was originally created by Free Radical Design, who later became Crytek UK Ltd and finally Deep Silver Dambuster, also part of the Koch Media family. The three game series earned a large and passionate fan base thanks to its unique humour, art style and pop culture references while encouraging customisation and modification to give each person their own individual experience.
We are hugely excited to have acquired Timesplitters” commented Klemens Kundratitz, CEO Koch Media GmbH “The original games gave fans a massive content offer and provided a pure and genuinely fun arcade shooter experience. We have many fans of the Timesplitters series among our own staff who are passionate about creating a product that will thrill todays gaming audience.

In addition to Timesplitters, Koch Media have also acquired the IP and the rights to science fiction action-adventure game Second Sight. Also conceived by Free Radical Design, Second Sight was originally released in 2004 and follows the adventures of an American parapsychology researcher who undertakes missions alongside a band of U.S Marines using a mix of gun combat and stealth gameplay. Forthcoming Second Site products will also be published by Deep Silver.

Full details of future Timesplitters and Second Sight products will be revealed in due course.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good, now remaster Timesplitters 2 (and 3 why not), improve the level editor, and you'll be surfing on Money.

These games are gems, especially compared to many modern FPS.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TBH I never finished a Timesplitters game.
I remember early last decade I was playing Timesplitters 2 on the Gamecube, and it was pretty good, then something came up (probably exams) and I forgot about it completely until today.
Hmmm... I guess I will have to start it from the beginning, not sure I remember what was I doing last time.

D

Deleted User

Last I heard there was an officially licensed fangame being made. I wonder what happened to it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Good, now remaster Timesplitters 2 (and 3 why not), improve the level editor, and you'll be surfing on Money.

These games are gems, especially compared to many modern FPS.
they could release a timesplister trilogy hd remaster for ps4/xb1 i would buy that.

i mean timeplitters 1 was exclusive to ps2 so having a hd remaster trilogy would be preety good since no game was even in hd.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good for the fans in regards of remasters, but I'm not sure if Koch Media is able to pull of a next game in the series. It feels abit to big of a project for them at least if they want to develop it with todays videogame standards in mind and not those of the original Timesplitters games :unsure:

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh my god, I didn't even think any one else cared about Second Sight. That was and is still one of my absolute favorite games, and now I want to go play it again. Such amazing music and an interesting game.

SECOND SIGHT, YES

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh my god, I didn't even think any one else cared about Second Sight. That was and is still one of my absolute favorite games, and now I want to go play it again. Such amazing music and an interesting game.

SECOND SIGHT, YES
yeah tbh i prefer second sight to timesplitters myself, sad it never got a sequel, i hope they atleast make an hd remaster of it.

Reactions: Jonna

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
To the people talking about the official Timesplitters fan game: you're referring to Timesplitters Rewind, a game I was a tester on. The project is still being worked on, but progress is slow because they had to scrap a lot of work with every CryEngine update. Crytek did not allow them to accept donations while the IP was owned by them which made development incredibly difficult, especially when an artist called Damianaid started to be threatened with homelessness and needed to be helped by generous personal Patreon donations.

I'm not sure what this means exactly for TS:Rewind, but I've reached out directly to a developer and I'll update you with any response I get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: