OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
6t24he.png

Know Your Temps info

For those of you that are new to the game, here are the rules:
  • One user will be put on the questioning stand every two days (or so)
  • Once that user's session of questioning starts, anybody can ask that user a reasonable amount of questions they want via posting on the thread
  • These questions can be about anything. Personal life, GBAtemp/internet life, pet peeves, questions, musical tastes, "what if" situations...anything!
  • Please try to post all your questions at once, in one solid post
  • Upon receiving questions, the user that is in the spotlight can answer them at anytime, as long as it's before their time is up.
This quirky little activity will help us get to know our fellow 'tempers even better in an exciting, chaotic manner! Those who have an upcoming KYT session will be notified about their upcoming session via PM.

Previous Sessions

In the spotlight this session is: Gahars

Reactions: Mama Looigi

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey!
How are you?
Fav game?
Fav system?
What inspired you to be the punniest on GBATemp?
How do you feel about other people who attempt to oust you of that title?
Do you look like your avatar when you make a pun?
Do you feel as if you look like your avatar when you make a pun?
What keeps you coming back to GBATemp?
Am I your friend?
Of all the avatars you had, which is your favourite?
Of all the puns you made, which is your favourite?
What do you do outside the temp?
Are you as punny irl?
Do you actually try to be punny or is that just an instant response?
Is there any significance behind your username?
What do you enjoy most about the temp?

Think that's about it for the time being. :D

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats it like being a dupe account?
Do you ever suffer from personality disorder?
Do you find yourself feeling like you are controlled by someone else?
Do you play or have any consoles or hand helds? Or are you more of a PC gamer?
Did you know that i only follow the coolest members here on the temp?
Are you in college?
What are you studying for?
Do you currently have a job, or do you have a job lined up for the future?
What would your dream job be?

Neways, thats all from me. For now.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya ^o^
How's it going?
How's life treating ya?
Nintendo fan :3 ?
What's your favorite game?
Favorite console?
Favorite video game hero?
What comes to mind when you see my name?
Nxenz or Black-Ice?
Should Ice be mod?
Well, bai now~

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Ey!
How are you? The question isn't how am I... it's "When am I?" The answer is now.
Fav game? I'm torn between Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters Future Perfect. Take your pick.
Fav system? The Playstation 2 without a doubt.
What inspired you to be the punniest on GBATemp? The misery puns cause satisfies my inner blood lust.
How do you feel about other people who attempt to oust you of that title? I like them now, but I'll love them when they're hanging on my mantelpiece.
Do you look like your avatar when you make a pun? Of course. It's a serious pundition (ohgodhelpicantstop).
Do you feel as if you look like your avatar when you make a pun? I have no room for feelings. I know it.
What keeps you coming back to GBATemp? Not a day goes by I don't ask myself the same question... Seriously, there's really good people here, and some really good drama. How can I not keep coming back?
Am I your friend? Only if I can call you prokiewpyne.
Of all the avatars you had, which is your favourite? I think the one I have now. Mott Romnoy is a tough guy to beat.
Of all the puns you made, which is your favourite? I'm still proud of "specsulating" going from a one-off bad pun to a term I've come to use regularly.
What do you do outside the temp? Implying I'm ever outside the temp...
Are you as punny irl? If I was, I'd probably have a broken nose or two every time I'm in public. So, sadly, no.
Do you actually try to be punny or is that just an instant response? More the latter. Most of the time they just come to mind - personally, I blame my parents for my awful sense of humor.
Is there any significance behind your username? I was making my PSN account and trying to use "Gaheris" as a handle (I figured handles had to be a little more fancy than "420smokadaweederrydayXxX"). The PS3 had an awful keyboard interface, though, and Gaheris became Gahars. I was too lazy to fix it, so I've stuck with it ever since.
What do you enjoy most about the temp? It's a Three Stooges routine that never comes to an end. Forum slapstick is surprisingly entertaining.

I mean, there's the people, but pfft.

Think that's about it for the time being. :D You're a time being now?

Whats it like being a dupe account? It feels like I'm a dope account.
Do you ever suffer from personality disorder? I can have a disorderly personality at times. Does that count?
Do you find yourself feeling like you are controlled by someone else? I'm in control of my own actions. At least, that's what they tell me.
Do you play or have any consoles or hand helds? Or are you more of a PC gamer? I'm more of a console gamer (I've owned an N64, PS2, PS3, and 360). I haven't owned a handheld since the DS, and I sold that after a year or so. I'm just starting to get into PC gaming - Steam's last sale has left me with a decent sized backlog to work through.
Did you know that i only follow the coolest members here on the temp? Of course! It's a privilege to be a part of your entourage.
Are you in college? Yup.
What are you studying for? Political Science, which I plan to take to Law School.
Do you currently have a job, or do you have a job lined up for the future? No job as of yet, unfortunately. I'm waiting to hear back on an internship this summer, though, so I have my fingers crossed.
What would your dream job be? Writing for a living. Unfortunately, the chances for that aren't so good.

Neways, thats all from me. For now.

Is Guild an argumentative shit in real life? I couldn't tell. We spend most of our time together circle jerking over our mutual hatred for everything Nintendo and Japanese.

It's quite fun, really. We're always looking for new people to join in!

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Five Favorite games on:-

- NES:
- SNES:
- N64:
- Gameboy/Color:
- GBA:
- NDS:
- Gamecube:
- Wii:
- PS1:
- PS2:
- PS3:
- PSP:
- Sega MegaDrive/Genesis:
- XBox:
- Xbox 360:
- PC:

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there.
Favourite genre of games?
Favourite handheld games?
What makes you prefer consoles over handhelds?
Anything you've played recently that you would recommend?
Was the username Gaheris based on the name of King Arthur's nephew?
What genres of books would you want to write if you did happen to get your dream job? (But if you meant writing something else, then could you specify which medium you'd want to write for?)
Is it difficult to uphold a reputation about puns when everyone else tries copying you?
If I remember correctly, you preferred Xbox Live over PSN? Is there a reason for that?
Is it appropriate to refer these threads as Guilded? Because, you know, Guilded, gilded, golden? Bad pun?
Any hobbies you have aside from gaming?
Anything you liked in the past that you now dislike?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya ^o^
How's it going? I can't complain, but will anyway.
How's life treating ya? As well as I can hope for, really. For now, anyway.
Nintendo fan :3 ? Eh. I think Nintendo makes some great games (I loved Metroid, the Galaxy games are superb, etc. Not big on Zelda, though), but I'm not all that enthralled with their recent consoles. I think they've mistaken actual innovation with needless gimmickry (Motion controls, 3D, the tablet controller) that needlessly gets in the way. I'd like to see a shift away from that approach, but that's just me.
What's your favorite game? Timesplitters 2/Future Perfect all the way.
Favorite console? PS2edgy4u
Favorite video game hero? "It's time to split!"
What comes to mind when you see my name? "I need a pronunciation guide."
Nxenz or Black-Ice? That depends - Who's willing to pay more?
Should Ice be mod? I don't see a check in the mail, so...
Well, bai now~

Hey there. Hey, hey, hey.
Favourite genre of games? Hard to say. I like my FPSs, my RPGs, and my Open World games pretty much equally.
Favourite handheld games? Metroid: Zero Mission by far.
What makes you prefer consoles over handhelds? I like more substantive game experiences, honestly, and handheld games are inherently limited in that regard. There's exceptions, but when you're designing around the expectation that people will be picking up or putting down the game on the go, that's going to limit what you can accomplish. That's just me, though - different folks, different strokes and all that.
Anything you've played recently that you would recommend? Just finished Hotline Miami a week or two ago. If you've got the stomach for it, give it a shot.
Was the username Gaheris based on the name of King Arthur's nephew? Yup; I had The Once and Future King on my mind at the time. I was actually thinking of Gareth at the time and mixed the two up.
What genres of books would you want to write if you did happen to get your dream job? (But if you meant writing something else, then could you specify which medium you'd want to write for?) Science Fiction/Fantasy for life, brah.
Is it difficult to uphold a reputation about puns when everyone else tries copying you? Hey, everybody tried to copy Coca-Cola, but everyone still loves Coke Classic. I think. I don't know, I don't drink soda.
If I remember correctly, you preferred Xbox Live over PSN? Is there a reason for that? I was there for the PS3 launch, and PSN was just dreadful. The only thing it had going for it was being "free", and it just wasn't worth it. So I jumped ship. Sure, I had to pay for Live, but the difference in quality was hugely apparent. You really do get what you pay for sometimes. Apparently Sony has caught up with Microsoft, and PS+ is a great service, so as long as nothing changes dramatically, I might give PSN another try.
Is it appropriate to refer these threads as Guilded? Because, you know, Guilded, gilded, golden? Bad pun? I would just say that Guild's time on this site could be called "The Guilded Age", but that works for me, too.
Any hobbies you have aside from gaming? Reading, writing, and film/tv take up a lot of my time. i want to take up drawing, but that's going to be a serious uphill climb.
Anything you liked in the past that you now dislike? Kingdom Hearts, Eragon, The Star Wars Prequels, Carlos Mencia, etc. My taste was just a tad bit shit.

Whats the average speed for pun generation upon seeing something worthy? Sometimes seconds, sometimes minutes. Finding a good pun for closing out a news post can be absolutely grueling.

GIVE ME A PUN ABOUT MY NAME RIGHT NOW.

Uhh...please? How do you pun that which is already a portmanteau?

Uh, you're the Bomb-adildo? You're my Bombadil-bro? "He's a Bombadildodo, oh no, didn't hear it from me (You didn't hear it from me!)"?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
Should I be nervous?
Are you nervous?
Are you honored by my presence?
Do you know who I am?
If so, what do you think of me?
What's your blood type?
What's my blood type?
Do you think your blood type is an accurate reflection of your personality?
Would you give me your blood if I needed it?
If you could travel through time, when would you go?
If Thestrals were real, would you be able to see one?
Have you ever awoken in the middle of the night in a cold sweat whispering or screaming someone's name from GBATemp?
If so, was it my name?
You are in a desert. You see a tortoise that's lying on his back in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help. Why not?
If everyone on GBATemp were snowed in or stranded on an island, whom would you cannibalize first?
Do you suffer from the pun version of Witzelsucht?

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!
Meaning of your username?
Do you know Eugene Victor Tooms?
Favorite GOTY, of all years?
Shaved or beard?
Enjoying strong liquor?
If you had to chose, losing a ball or losing an eye?
Ponies or Unicorns?
Ever tried to derp while you derp??
Thank you for your time, and insight.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks to the revelation that Gahars was once supposed to be Gaheris, Are you a fan of Arthurian legend? if so what is your favourite iteration? (mine is le morte d' arthur)
is anyone else in your family a witty, yet groan worthy, wordsmith or are you an anomaly?

lastly... Would you rather:

Give peace a chance or give peas a chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...