Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
know-your-game-png.98377

This new session starts with @Stephano and @Punk-Rocking-Nerd. Our friendly friends will receive questions related to ICO and Shadow of the Colossus!
What secret do these have?

upload_2017-11-9_0-29-59.png

RULES and info:
These are done in the same fashion as KYT. The public asks the questions, the questioned answers.
You may ask questions about the game, the persons experiences with the game, and generally topics relating to said game.
Interviews last 3 days.
NO HENTAI games.
NO QUICK TEMPLATES (I see any and you're kicked).
And lastly NO HATERS.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/know-your-game-signups.448911/

and without further ado, ask away. :grog:

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no one, seriously ? i'll go on then

Which of these game is the the better one ?
best Ost track for both games ?
what is ICO about ?
most frustrating moment in either game ?
would you recommend them to someone who doesn't like this particular genre, and why or why not ?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what is ICO about ?
would you recommend them to someone who doesn't like this particular genre, and why or why not ?
As much as I love ICO, I would say SotC, hands down. Its larger, more epic, and pritier. Not to bash ICO at all. I love the game but I wish it was longer. Although I have fonder memories with ICO because I first completed it with @Punk-Rocking-Nerd

ICO happens a long time after SotC. You play as a young boy who was captured and taken to a castle (presumably to be sacrificed) because you have horns. You manage to break free and rescue a girl with magic powers who doesn't speak the same language as you. So, you hold her hand the entire game as you and her try to escape the castle. If you beat the game however, one person can control ICO while the other can control the girl. It's a interesting multiplayer experience.

I never really got frustrated in ICO, it's a relaxing game for the most part. Shadow of the Colossus on the other hand.... Argus.... Screw Argus.... I know how to beat him now but at first I didn't and it was AWEFUL!!!!

ICO may not be for everybody, but SotC is a game I truely believe everyone should play at some point in their life time. It is nothing short of unique and a masterpiece of a game. If someone likes puzzles, adventures, HEART POUNDING music, or a mysterious story, it's the game for them. It really saddens me that there are people who are not willing to try it. People are just too caught up in Call of Duty of FPS games. while yes those games are "art," SotC is the Sistine Chapel in comparison. It's a beautiful game and years ahead of its time. Everyone needs to experience it for themselves.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's your opinion on Shadow's story?
The end(i don't want to spoil)
I think it does a good job at setting up ICO even though it's connection is very small. It makes me sad but it makes me happy at the same time. It was a good send off to the game. But I JUMPED FOR JOY when (spoiler) was okay!

Punk-Rocking-Nerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what is ICO about ?

Shadow is by far the more ambitious and much more memorable. However, Ico is more of a simple puzzle game (yo, nothing wrong with that), but it is much more relaxing to play. If you asked me to play either, I would opt for Ico, but I definitely think back on Shadow more.
@Stephano explained the plot for ICO pretty well :P
The most frustrating moment definitely comes from Shadow, and I would pin it down to the last Colossus. While still on the ground, I kept getting knocked into the ravine, and this happened FIVE TIMES. Wander needs to practice his sprinting :glare:
I would recommend both, but play ICO first. I personally didn't grow up with a PlayStation, so it took me awhile to get used to the controller. ICO is chill enough to get more used to the controls when Shadow can kinda throw you to the wolves in some battles.

Punk-Rocking-Nerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's your opinion on Shadow's story?
The end(i don't want to spoil)

It left a lot up for discussion and interpretation. While this usually gets on my nerves because I like definite answers, not guess work, I didn't mind it as much for this series. The lore is fascinating, it sets up sequel games (while not giving too much away), and it kinda messes with you when seriously thinking of what you're doing throughout the game. Besides the main characters, a falcon, some lizards (mmmm, them tails tho), and the Colossi, there are NO other lifeforms you encounter. Whenever you kill a Colossi, the world is that much more empty and desolate. Overall, although there wasn't an incredibly complex plot and it left a lot up for interpretation, it was memorable that despite lack of quantity, it made up for it in quality of design, relatable character motivations, and potential for story continuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou