Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image119.png

QUOTE said:
As announced in this week’s issue of Famitsu, a PSP version of Knights in the Nightmare is in the works. New features include tutorial missions, a database of character chats in a talk collection, and an animated opening movie.

Knights in the Nightmare’s unique blend of tactical RPG maps and bullet hell dodging seemed built with a touch screen in mind. Not sure how that awesome-ness will convert to the PSP. Analog stick and holding a shoulder button to select units, perhaps? The scan circulating the Internet is pretty blurry. We’re not even sure of the release date, which Japanese message boards are reporting as April 22. Please, take that date with a grain of salt until we can confirm it.

News Source: Siliconera

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I for one thought this game was pretty mediocre. I'm not gonna sit through 2 hours of tutorials to learn a game. There's complicated, then there's overly complicated.

Also, don't see how this would work on the PSP, seeing as the stylus was pretty crucial to navigating your thingy around the screen. It's not like Chinatown Wars where you can replace the mini-games or whatever you want to call the stylus sequences with button combos or something.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game was ALL touchscreen controlled, right? It will probably be a nightmare to play on the PSP, unless they change the game drastically to make up for the lack of a touchscreen.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Guild McCommunist said:
Well, I for one thought this game was pretty mediocre. I'm not gonna sit through 2 hours of tutorials to learn a game. There's complicated, then there's overly complicated.

Also, don't see how this would work on the PSP, seeing as the stylus was pretty crucial to navigating your thingy around the screen. It's not like Chinatown Wars where you can replace the mini-games or whatever you want to call the stylus sequences with button combos or something.
Aye, I didn't play much of this game, myself.
And the reason I said that about China Town is because even though it easily worked on the PSP, no one really wanted to buy it, most people are already had the DS version and or GTA Liberty City Stories on the PSP. So really it was just a bad idea to put China Town on the PSP and they should have just kept it on the DS

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
how the hell? This idea is just as retarded as making a DS emulator for the PSP.

There is one. It can only run some tech demos, but still, there is one.

Anyway, the Chinatown didn't do well on the PSP or the DS. I guess that it was too mature for the DS and for the PSP, people are too young to remember that GTA was rooted in a top-down, Chinatown Wars-style game. And GTA: CW on the DS didn't have much in the way of touchscreen necessities.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
Be careful, Atlus. Don't get greedy...
Hmm... The game better have something different... Like some kinda graphical difference xD.

I never knew this game was some how related to Yggdra... If I knew that, I would've gotten the DS version a loong time ago!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Guild McCommunist said:
dudeonline said:
how the hell? This idea is just as retarded as making a DS emulator for the PSP.

There is one. It can only run some tech demos, but still, there is one.

Anyway, the Chinatown didn't do well on the PSP or the DS. I guess that it was too mature for the DS and for the PSP, people are too young to remember that GTA was rooted in a top-down, Chinatown Wars-style game. And GTA: CW on the DS didn't have much in the way of touchscreen necessities.

Yeah, I know one exists. Doesnt mean that I dont think the idea is still retarded
tongue.gif

But yeah, I think the reason GTA:CW didnt do well at all, is it really doesn't appeal to anyone. You have The top-down shooter that would appeal to the older audiences, but is put off by the cartoonish art style. Then you have the younger crowd that likes the cartooonish artstyle, but is put off by the top-down shooter aspect, and was most likely expecting a full 3d GTA ala GTA 3 and forward.

Splych said:
QUOTE(shinkukage09 @ Jan 13 2010, 04:37 PM)
Hmm... The game better have something different... Like some kinda graphical difference xD.

I never knew this game was some how related to Yggdra... If I knew that, I would've gotten the DS version a loong time ago!

Related like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/A2 is related to Final Fantasy 13

Edit: what the crap? I edited my post but it "merged" it?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
shinkukage09 said:

I mean, they're porting a game that was heavily based on the touchscreen to the PSP. Look at the last DS game that was ported to PSP. Moderately okay game + Port to PSP = Very bad idea.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I don't see how age has anything to do with it. The PSP already has two full size GTA adventures, and most people recognized it as a shameless attempt to salvage a DS commercial failure. I think most PSP owners don't appreciate the concept of second hand DS games.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I don't see how age has anything to do with it. The PSP already has two full size GTA adventures, and most people recognized it as a shameless attempt to salvage a DS commercial failure. I think most PSP owners don't appreciate the concept of second hand DS games.

Even a "second-hand DS game" that was fun as hell? I don't care where the game came from, as long as it's fun, then I don't care. It may have been a commercial failure but it was a critical success.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Knights in the Nightmare on psp is like trying to put ketchup on my foot....WTF!!! Chinatown Wars may have been a flop in sells but you gotta atmit it was fun to see a GTA that well developed on the DS. When I 1st heard about Gta on Ds I was like...horrible game in the making but I was surprised. When I heard it was being ported to Psp I was liek WTF....Now this.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended